The End is Near: Are You Prepared?

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Don't know who said it, but someone pointed out that after three days without food, people would steal it (shorter time periods for those without a conscience) and after seven days they'd kill for food (again shorter time periods apply).

I think the above is probably true, but then I don't have a huge amount of respect for homo sap (yes, I are one - I think).

I presume therefore that within a three month period of no functional infrastructure the population of the earth would have been reduced to it's highest self sustainable population. I'd guess roughly 300 million. Somehow I don't see myself making it into that group. With only one percent of the current population surviving a three month fiasco, I suspect I would be one of those to perish early (probably in a confrontation with someone more heavily armed). Therefore, I am not doing any significant preparation and will simply become one of the struggling throng whenever it (world wide enduring disaster) occurs.

Unlike some above, I do expect it to occur, and most likely in my lifetime.

Be blessed!

Not all those who wander are lost! I am not. Yet!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought about it some more and I am worried about the next 20 years much more than the world coming to an end. That's about how long I think my life span is. And what's more I am more worried about tomorrow than in several years. I would like to have a safe room in my house to survive a tornado. I've seen too many houses like mine flattened by the weather and people injured or killed. Some people say they want to go peacefully, but not me, I'll go scratching and screaming! I like life, I like people and I love my family. Selfish? Then so be it! Monty

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

GoodyGuy said:
Newt said:
What if your not Home when this happens?
Newt

Plan B

Being prepared means having a back up plan for different contingencies. :icon_thumright:

GG~

Smart man! Always one step of the pack you are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread