Thinking ahead of your guns ....

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Attending a family reunion today I became recognized as a pup in the 'Old Fart' brigade . 59 vs 86 yrs old .
The subject of motorcycle riding back when foot clutches and tank shifters were the norm on Harleys
and Indians and how you had to plan your stops so the proper feet were on the ground when you made a stop and shift to neutral at the stop so that you could rev the engine to clear the plugs without the clutch flying into engagement while in gear .
Anybody other than Don Jose got stories to add to that ?
Nothing against Don Jose and I want to hear his stories ....
Just curious about who else is out there with a bag of stories .

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
45 Harley Military Messenger with the sidecar and clip on the handlebar so you could fire a .45 thompson while riding. My old man had it in the late fifties and i had dibs on the sidecar and a leather World War One helmet and goggles completed the package. Later my cousin gave me his Marlon Brando style leather jacket. siegfried schlagrule

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Ran across this old motorcycle last month a long ways from any roads. Anyone want a challanging restore job? It could be yours for the labor involved. I got tired just clearing enough brush to take these pictures. Could'nt find any brand name on it.

Attachments

• as found.jpg
    as found.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 162
  • brush cleared.jpg
    brush cleared.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 158

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread