Composting

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Been doing it in my family through out history. My ancestors are a bunch of dirt farmers. It was necessary for them to compost and recycle everything. Who do you think the original environmentalist are?

Dirt, dirt and more dirt. Dirt by us. In today's economy , everyone should already be composting and recycling.

Are you with me on this subject or am I just a talker and not a doer with this environmental hog wash?

K

Kentucky Kache

I'm a composter.
If you want to see a plant grow, set it out in a compost pile. Don't plant seeds in it, but your plants love it.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
A big YES to composting! My father was in agriculture classes in high school during the mid 40's, where all they taught was chemical fertilizers and insecticides as the way of the future.

I chose to go the organic route, which did not set well with him. He thought that organic gardening was some kind of liberal conspiracy.

Organic gardening is not only "green", it is "conservative"! That should drive the liberals into a tailspin. ;D

OP
OP
S

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
I raise rabbits for the kids, rabbit manure is the best nitrogen source that I have found to make compost break down fast.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
I used to go to a local slaughter house and they would give me the cud from the cow stomachs. You talk about something that would get the compost pile heated up! That stuff was a mint green color and I would fill up 5 gallon buckets and then stop at another guys house and get a bunch of old chicken manure to add. I also sprinkled some Rid-X on the layers as I was building a pile to help break down the tougher stuff.

Great soil!

K

Kentucky Kache

MEinWV said:
I used to go to a local slaughter house and they would give me the cud from the cow stomachs. You talk about something that would get the compost pile heated up! That stuff was a mint green color and I would fill up 5 gallon buckets and then stop at another guys house and get a bunch of old chicken manure to add. I also sprinkled some Rid-X on the layers as I was building a pile to help break down the tougher stuff.

Great soil!

There is a serious composter. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread