What do you guys think about Match.com? Is it worth trying?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Well y'all should move to Florida...I hear there are 20 women to one man! Not good odds for me!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Well y'all should move to Florida...I hear there are 20 women to one man! Not good odds for me!

Can't move to Florida yet, Mom's 91 and needs me here!

However, I do want to do another Florida trip. All I found my trip in November was clad and sea shells! Wasn't looking at the ladies on that trip, not so they noticed me anyway :)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see a match in the making!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll vouch for ya Deep, go for it

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I was on Match for at least a year and had a blast. Went out with all kinds of women. Was only looking to have fun not a committed relationship. Don’t know what happened with the last one I met. I fought hard. Tried to resist and even left her for a short period until I came to my senses. We have been married now going on 16 years. Life is good.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deep, you and dancer pm for a bit to see what you have in common ( thank me later)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say one thing--Match.com tried to cheat me. I had signed up for 6 months, and set the 'auto renew' to off. Without my permission they set it to 'on', then billed me for another 6 months that I didn't use. I tried to get my money back and they offered 3 months worth as a refund. Finally I went to the bank and then filed a police report; got my money back but they were going to charge my card again. After that I had to cancel the debit card to stop them.
They are a bunch of thieves. Stay away from them.
BE VERY CAREFUL with these people!!!!! A friend had the same exact problem you had. Also, as soon as you enter your email you'll get spam emails from them at least three times a week even if you decide not to complete your info. Also, (check me on this) I think Match.com was busted for sending female office workers out on dates for guys that were getting zero hits. Again, be very wary of these people!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of the "DATING SERVICES " claim that they are free. You sign up, put up a profile and pictures. Then you are notified that someone has viewed your profile and has sent you a message. In order to access that message and interact with the interested party, you have to upgrade the basic account. That means,, "MONEY" None of these services are "FREE"

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Florida, we are full up now. [emoji3]

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My father dated a women for 3 years off eharmony. She moved far away he still misses her. I say go for it. What ya got to loose! It's kinda mainstream now days anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
have you seen the commercial for FARMERSONLY . com
that says you don't have to be a farmer to use it?
shouldn't they have thought of that before they named it?

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. I am wondering if Match.com is worth trying? Its $17.00 a month to subscribe and I do not want topay for something if I am not even going to find my significant other on this website. Does it really work or should I wait for some girl to come my way when I enjoy life?

Since this thread has been resurrected after all these years, how did it work out for you?

try "meetup.com" and look for groups in your area that share your interest. Better to meet someone through an outdoor adventure club maybe...I use match.com and did many years ago but don't really find I'm having any luck with it. I guess I'm getting too old to date! lol

No disrespect intended, but since I know you are still a member here how did it work out for you too?

have you seen the commercial for FARMERSONLY . com
that says you don't have to be a farmer to use it?
shouldn't they have thought of that before they named it?

Maybe it's not so much about being a farmer, as it is liking farm animals?? :dontknow:

My brother is on one of these sites now, and says he gets a zillion emails a day saying "you got a new person interested in you". I've seen what he looks like, it's not possible! Hahahahaha...........:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions