What do you guys think about Match.com? Is it worth trying?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wont know if you don't try :icon_sunny:
I say go for it, you may just find the love of your life. :love3:
If that doesn't work try eharmony.com

GG~

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's kinda cheesy to get "blind dates" off the internet.
Perhaps you can find a friend at your church, the library, supermarket or just walking in the park. You also might be able to meet someone through a friend or relative.
I am single and personally don't even go "searching". The worst place you can find a "mate" is in a bar.
Scott

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Yeah, I would love to be able to do that! I am scared though because not only do I stutter, but I do not know what to say to them when I walk up to them. Most girls I meet do not share my same interests which include Metal detecting, coin collecting, Movies, and the outdoors. I also end up having girls just become friends instead of something more. Thats why I have 5-8 friends that are girls :laughing7: What I want is love! Which you all experience! :)

AU24K said:
Perhaps you can find a friend at your church, the library, supermarket or just walking in the park. You also might be able to meet someone through a friend or relative.
I am single and personally don't even go "searching". The worst place you can find a "mate" is in a bar.
Scott

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
try "meetup.com" and look for groups in your area that share your interest. Better to meet someone through an outdoor adventure club maybe...I use match.com and did many years ago but don't really find I'm having any luck with it. I guess I'm getting too old to date! lol

C

Cappy Z.

Billy and Mrs. Budd met on an online personals 7 1/2 years ago. Been married for 6.

My two rubies.

:icon_sunny:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectingfreak said:
Yeah, I would love to be able to do that! I am scared though because not only do I stutter, but I do not know what to say to them when I walk up to them. Most girls I meet do not share my same interests which include Metal detecting, coin collecting, Movies, and the outdoors. I also end up having girls just become friends instead of something more. Thats why I have 5-8 friends that are girls :laughing7: What I want is love! Which you all experience! :)

I think you have a good idea. That way you will only be matched up with ladies who share your same interests, wants, and desires. And you can get to know each other first before meeting in person.

Being shy and stuttering is adorable to certain females and once they get to know you online, they will love you for who you are on the inside, which is most important anyway. Just be honest and be yourself.

Knowing there are no guarantees in life, and being willing to take a chance on love will help you find the right one.
Be careful what you look for though, you just may find it. :laughing7:

I wish you all the happiness and love you can stand,

GG~

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
maybe take alittle vacation,looks like you could bring your tiger shark with you.relax and good things do happen if your not looking 24/7. :wave:

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
I can say one thing--Match.com tried to cheat me. I had signed up for 6 months, and set the 'auto renew' to off. Without my permission they set it to 'on', then billed me for another 6 months that I didn't use. I tried to get my money back and they offered 3 months worth as a refund. Finally I went to the bank and then filed a police report; got my money back but they were going to charge my card again. After that I had to cancel the debit card to stop them.
They are a bunch of thieves. Stay away from them.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AU24K said:
Scott

For the most part you are right Scott but there are some exceptions. I know several couples that have been together for several years now and they met while at a bar. If you want some one to share your life with just look for them where you enjoy being. You already have a head start because they probably enjoy being there too. Common interests have played a big part in my relationship, we really enjoy sharing similar expierences like antiquing, movies, dancing, etc. Now she couldn't care less about fishing or metal detecting but her son and I spend a lot of time doing these things. On the flip side she doesn't try to drag us to chick flicks or clothes shopping, LOL.

HH Charlie

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first... i had no idea that there were so many dating websites! i need to google more things kids! clearly!!!
and second i wouldnt do a internet dating site... many of my friends have tried it and..... nothing seems to work out..
or the people look nothing like the pics!!

one side note... i agree with scott ~bars are a no no if youre looking for LOVE and not sex

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
I once seen a poll that E-Harmony had conducted with 10,000 couples and 17% of married couples claimed to have met online, im sure they were bias in this poll but even so the percentage that are currently dating is likely around that or possibly higher I would assume? I havnt tried the online thing but the girls i've met through friends and in bars havnt turned out to be winners either.

Stalkep

Mar 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have taken the advice of my friends, and from the countless reviews both listed in the App Store and from many sites online. I've lost almost $60 for a membership that I won't be using because it doesn't work for me. Best of luck fellow online daters. Maybe you'll got better experience...

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys. I am wondering if Match.com is worth trying? Its $17.00 a month to subscribe and I do not want topay for something if I am not even going to find my significant other on this website. Does it really work or should I wait for some girl to come my way when I enjoy life?

Also.. you should add that you are in Bellevue, Wa... which i would consider to be the absolutely worst place on the planet to catch a girl!

I'm in Seattle, after living and working on all four corners of the United States including,but not limited to Canada and Mexico. i've come to the realization that it does not get any worse than this when it comes to dating... no way, no how.

women here are wack-a-doddle! haha..

You can try the site.. just remember, you will get one message a month;maybe? they will get 20 a day; most likely. I have a theory that this does something to a gals ego; unproven of course.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
try "meetup.com" and look for groups in your area that share your interest. Better to meet someone through an outdoor adventure club maybe...I use match.com and did many years ago but don't really find I'm having any luck with it. I guess I'm getting too old to date! lol

I agree 100%!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this resurrected thread to be quite entertaining!

I met my second wife using one of the services. That lasted 24 days and cost me $24,000! Not funny!!!

There's sharks in the water looking for fresh meat!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hold on a sec, let me get this clear
you mean people go on sites to find ladies?

I need a site to keep the females away!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread