• Definitely not!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

Cappy Z.

plehbah said:
Oroblanco said:
Greetings.
I am curious how many of us have ever witnessed something odd or unexplained in our skies or on the ground for that matter. Thank you in advance, :thumbsup:
Oroblanco
:coffee2:

Would a person wearing one regular shoe and one homemade shoe count?

I'm not sure, but I do see UFOs only on Wednesdays and I must be wearing socks that do not match...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
twice actually ---- once at sea on the light night watch 12 - 4 --- I was was working as the ships "baker" --and often worked at night baking goods to be out of the day cooks way --- (I did the baking and breakfast (12 pm to 8 am) then knocked off---- about 2 30 am --I took a break --and went to the bridge to visit the 2nd mate (a freind of mine ) after baking up a batch of cookies for the upcoming days desserts --(brought him and the night watch AB (another freind of mine) up a few for a "night snack" )---the 2ndmate always had good stash of his own "pirvate stock" coffee on tap-- we would have a cup and a few cookies and chat a bit ---there was him , me and the "look out" AB on the bridge --- when we saw a strange large glowing mass in the water at fair bit away -- seeing a glowing mass bit is not too odd as sea critters sometimes cause "glowing lights" in the sea as they travel in packs at night --- but then it rapidly came to the surface -- it then sat there "floating" on the surface for a few seconds ---then shot off at a sharp 45 degree angle straight into the sky at speeds that nothing I know of in this world could match -- I said to them did you see that ? --aren't you got to log it down ?--- they both said "yes" we saw it but if we logged it they would think us drunk on duty or mad men ---so no we're not logging it --but yes we saw it too.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Thank you for the interesting replies amigos! A recent TV special stated that 1 out of 2 people in America has seen a UFO, and I was curious if that holds true among us T-netters. So far it looks like it may be more than 1 in 2.

I am not saying that all UFOs must be alien motherships, just something "unidentified" that is "flying" or landed etc. I have seen some strange things in the sky, one of which was very odd with four stubby "wings" that had wires or antennas protruding from them, and strangest of all a large diamond shaped hole in the center of the body of it. It didn't make a sound and flew away so fast I can't guess at the speed. I tend to think that thing was a US secret spy drone/gadget, for who ever heard of a UFO with wings? However it was "unidentified" and a flying object, so would fit the criteria to be literally a "UFO".
Oroblanco
:coffee2: :coffee2:

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Nope, not here.... I've pretty much been able to identify everything that I have seen in the sky. Don't believe in ufo's or green martians,,,,,,, or big foot :laughing7:... Maybe I need a more vivid imagination ;D!! Good luck, Gpurs....

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Well, the first thing to remember is that the term UFO refers to any flying object in the sky that is not identifiable to the person/s that are viewing it.

So, most people have seen UFO's.

The most unusual event that I witnessed happened in 1967 in Western Turkey. The craft moved slowly across the sky and then hovered over one spot for a good period of time before departing. The key difference between this particular UFO and most others is that is was clearly visible. It was triangular in shape and appeared to be silver or grayish in color. It also had what looked like some kind of markings on it that were not English letters or numbers. :dontknow:

This is a documented sighting that was witnessed by a good number of individuals. The document was finally declassified and the incident was described in a book. The only problem for me now, is that I can't remember the name of the book that I read, describing the incident. I thought I had read about it in the book "The Puzzle Palace", but I have pawed through it so many times looking for it, but to no avail. It has been driving me nuts ever since. :icon_scratch:

HH

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
MEinWV thank you for sharing your sighting. It might be possible to track down more info on the incident, especially if you can remember the date and any other details. Can you recall the markings or letters well enough to draw them?
Oroblanco

Boomer-1

Jun 27, 2009
Gadsden, Al
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are no such things as flying saucers.....What you saw was just the light from Venus reflecting off of a weather baloon.

Now, if you'll just look at this red light here.......

mib-memory-flash.jpg

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
twice actually ---- once at sea on the light night watch 12 - 4 --- I was was working as the ships "baker" --and often worked at night baking goods to be out of the day cooks way --- (I did the baking and breakfast (12 pm to 8 am) then knocked off---- about 2 30 am --I took a break --and went to the bridge to visit the 2nd mate (a freind of mine ) after baking up a batch of cookies for the upcoming days desserts --(brought him and the night watch AB (another freind of mine) up a few for a "night snack" )---the 2ndmate always had good stash of his own "pirvate stock" coffee on tap-- we would have a cup and a few cookies and chat a bit ---there was him , me and the "look out" AB on the bridge --- when we saw a strange large glowing mass in the water at fair bit away -- seeing a glowing mass bit is not too odd as sea critters sometimes cause "glowing lights" in the sea as they travel in packs at night --- but then it rapidly came to the surface -- it then sat there "floating" on the surface for a few seconds ---then shot off at a sharp 45 degree angle straight into the sky at speeds that nothing I know of in this world could match -- I said to them did you see that ? --aren't you got to log it down ?--- they both said "yes" we saw it but if we logged it they would think us drunk on duty or mad men ---so no we're not logging it --but yes we saw it too.

Sorry to dash water on a hot post but the post from Ivan Salis sounds almost exactly like what I read from a book by a former US Navy intelligence officer and writer by the name of Cooper. The book is called "Behold a Pale Horse." Although this book is about UFO's and secret gov't projects, Barnes and Noble had it listed in the Astrology section. Go figure, probably the picture on the cover or the title verbiage, whatever.

I too have seen things that are still unexplained. My brother and I, both of whom are civil aviation pilots, were talking while standing by our car in a shopping center parking lot at Loop 101 and Shea Blvd in Scottsdale, AZ. Several lights (I believe three) suddenly appeared in the northern sky at around 9 PM. We watched for about 15 minutes as the lights moved about in one general area of about a half mile. One of the lights moved back and forth a couple of times from the one on the right to the one on the left and back. Just as the lights went out, all about the same time, they seemed to be dropping sparks in a weak stream sort of like a reverse fireworks display. They appeared to be around one thousand feet above ground but being it was night time who knows with nothing to gauge it by?

When I lived in Florida I liked to watch the awe inspiring night time lightning displays. One night in particular around 8 PM I watched as lightning bolts seemed to be emanating repeatedly from a very small area about a half mile south of my house very near the ground. I was after watching for at least 6 or 7 minutes that I decided to get out the video camera and record it on tape. The display lasted for another 15 minutes or so and when I played it back on the tape in high forward speed, the light emitted from the bolts illuminated the cloud it was coming from in random order and locations. The shape of the cloud was spherical and at about a half mile away I estimated to be about half the size of a football field in diameter. The lowest edge of the sphere was partially obscured by telephone poles and trees that gave it something to gage the size by. Most of the bolts hit power lines in the area below it. I commented to my video viewing friends later “It was as though something in that cloud was drawing power from the lines.” Oh, and did I mention the cloud did not move laterally across the ground in all that time as most storms do. Could it have been some type of craft using the cloud as a cloaking device?

Still wondering about that one,
Ken “Dustcap” Chichester

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw my 1st one when we first move to Texas in 1969,about 10 people in the hotel we were living in for the night all saw it.The 2nd. one turn out not to be a UFO but it was a wing from an airplane,yes a wing,just the left side of a wing with no markings other than a giant red number 1 painted on the underside .We were fishing in the Gulf of Mexico,about a 100 miles from Cancun,a cloudy day,around 12 noon,when we herd a loud bang comming from the clouds,but you couldn't tell from what direction or how high, about 5 minutes later we saw something flashing a good distance from the boat,about 2-5 miles from the boat,a few friends saw it and the captain of the boat took off in the direction,it was twirling when it was comming down.The boat got within a couple of 100 yards from it right before it made contact with the water,other boats nearbye also came by.It hit the water with a loud bang and stayed afloat for about 5 minutes and than sank.We called the coastguard and the said that they had no mayday or sos comming from that area.I've always wonderd what happen. ???

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Oroblanco said:
MEinWV thank you for sharing your sighting. It might be possible to track down more info on the incident, especially if you can remember the date and any other details. Can you recall the markings or letters well enough to draw them?
Oroblanco
No, not unless hypnosis works. I was 10 at the time. I just need to track down my old classmate who told me about the declassified document describing the incident.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Produce Guy said:
Saw my 1st one when we first move to Texas in 1969,about 10 people in the hotel we were living in for the night all saw it.The 2nd. one turn out not to be a UFO but it was a wing from an airplane,yes a wing,just the left side of a wing with no markings other than a giant red number 1 painted on the underside .We were fishing in the Gulf of Mexico,about a 100 miles from Cancun,a cloudy day,around 12 noon,when we herd a loud bang comming from the clouds,but you couldn't tell from what direction or how high, about 5 minutes later we saw something flashing a good distance from the boat,about 2-5 miles from the boat,a few friends saw it and the captain of the boat took off in the direction,it was twirling when it was comming down.The boat got within a couple of 100 yards from it right before it made contact with the water,other boats nearbye also came by.It hit the water with a loud bang and stayed afloat for about 5 minutes and than sank.We called the coastguard and the said that they had no mayday or sos comming from that area.I've always wonderd what happen. ???
Wow! That would have given me the creeps too, wondering what happened after all these years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread