swine flu!

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today i dropped little jossy off at camp, and i got a paper from her
camp leader saying that her team leader was out sick.... ok so jossy
runs into the room and starts to play, and laugh with the other kids....no big deal.
as im walking out a see kids going back home, and i read the paper given to me.
THE TEACHER AND HER DAUGHTER HAVE THE H1N1 SWINE FLU!!!

so i left jossy since she was having fun and is a healthy kid...
but what i want to know is... what would others have done?

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks t and if she was unhealthy i would have taken her right home... but shes very healthy.

ps~she had a great day today painting with her little friends!

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
honestly t i was more worried about myself than the kids on this one!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
I think you did the right thing Kelly!

From what they're saying it seems inevitable anyway, so why spoil her fun?

Over here they are talking about keeping the schools shut for an extra 4 weeks!! I'm glad i'm working :laughing7:

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Kelly

for what it's worth I refuse to give in to the panic and paranoia. If the flu is going around the ONLY way you might not get it is to stay closed up with NO contact of any kind with any human being.

We have immune systems for a reason. We are exposed to potential infections every day. If you read closely, MOST of the people who have died from the flu die because of other illnesses they have. Usually, not always, usually they do not die from the flu.

I think you did the right thing.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From what I've heard it's not much different then a normal flu. About 5 have died from it that I know of. (according to media)

So it can't be as bad as they want it to look can it? Just another paranoia. :dontknow:

I'm with mastereagle22 on this one. :)

B

BIG61AL

K*E*L*L*Y

Just keep on eye on her. If kids aren't expose to germs then their immune systems don't develop protection from those very germs. I would say that the H1N1 virus is a serious threat but it does not warrent a panic.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Eu_citzen said:
From what I've heard it's not much different then a normal flu. About 5 have died from it that I know of. (according to media)

So it can't be as bad as they want it to look can it? Just another paranoia. :dontknow:

Lets keep the facts straight... it's a few more than 5. Although I still do not think we should be worried. I think parents have every right to expose their kids to the flu... expecially if they are healthy and having fun.

data.JPG

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/update.htm

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
40,000+ will die in auto accidents this year. Your kid was in much greater peril on the drive to camp :thumbsup:! I'm so glad that you have not become a paranoid nut about the H1N1! Good luck... Gpurs..

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well my little 4yo didnt get but my 7yo did!
today she tested positive for H1N1.
which i was worried about since she has asthma.
so now all they can do is treat her with a tamiflu.
i feel so bad for her.... its all part of life.... so now im
going to watch her and pray she gets better asap.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Sorry to hear about the flu :-\.. But the upside is that you and your kids may now have some resistance for when this thing mutates and comes back in the fall/winter!! Good luck to you, Gpurs..

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Some may scoff at this, but every winter or flu season I use essential oils
thru-out the house. Not the junk you see in the local stores that contain
alcohol or were were extracted using solvents & chemical fragrances. But
pure, steam distilled or pressed, pharmecutical (sp)top grade essential oils.
They are not cheap, but after years of use my wife & I are sure they help.
You can sprinkle a few drops on a pad in a diffuser, on a humidifier or
on the the heating vents. Try Camphor, Eucylyptus, Lemon, Cinnamon,
Clove & many others that are naturally antiviral & anti-bacterial. There
are many others that work including blends specific for certain problems.
There is plenty to learn about them, just be sure to deal with someone
selling only pharmecutical grade oils & please don't listen to others selling
fragrances & telling you there is no difference. Green Valley in British
Columbia is one of the best. Young Living has good oils but is super
expensive & is more or less a pyramid scheme . Do your homework, and
read up on what essential oil is able to act on.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Montana Jim said:
Eu_citzen said:

Lets keep the facts straight... it's a few more than 5. Although I still do not think we should be worried. I think parents have every right to expose their kids to the flu... expecially if they are healthy and having fun.

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/update.htm
Jim, I said it was according to media so well it may very well be wrong and most likely out dated.
So thanks for the update. :wink:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to run and hide every time someone close has any respitory ailment due to my lung condition. Every time I get just a common cold it will go into pneumonia unless I take something as a preventative. I've had pneumonia 5 times in the last 4 years! Hospitalized twice. The swine flu is really scary to me because most of the deaths had an existing illness that complicated it. I am in that risk category both physically and age wise. Don't touch me! Monty

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty get some Chuchupate. Far beter than anything the medical establishment has come up with. Go google --> Chuchupate. Here are some sites and basic data. Try it, if you can't get any, let me know and I will send you some. Best time is in Oct., however I can send the dried root. from Mexico for this flu seasonif you wish.

Don Jose de La Mancha .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.csus.edu/chem/bios/mccarthy.html ( breast cancer)

http://www.nativeamericanbotanics.com/docs_infosheet_osha.pdf ( flu)

http://www.santabarbarabotanicals.com/Healing Plants of California-3.htm#_Toc192315235 (flu)

One of the main plants we are looking for is osha, which is also known as chuchupate. Chuchupate is a very strong healing medicine and a natural antibiotic.
Each nation of Indian tribes throughout the country have a species of ligusticum. They use it for ceremonial, symbolic and ritual use. However, ligusticum is also as a strong analgesic for the throat. It has mild anti-viral properties
Yerba de burro, otherwise known as [willow] thistle, a healing plant. It's as tough as the people that drink it. It will clean your blood. It will heal your liver. The common cold is a very interesting thing to heal. We usually use the very tips and the bark of a willow just to relieve the aches and pains of the physical body.

One of the main plants we are looking for is osha, which is also known as chuchupate. Chuchupate is a very strong healing medicine and a natural antibiotic.
Each nation of Indian tribes throughout the country have a species of ligusticum. They use it for ceremonial, symbolic and ritual use. However, ligusticum is also as a strong analgesic for the throat. It has mild anti-viral properties
Yerba de burro, otherwise known as [willow] thistle, a healing plant. It's as tough as the people that drink it. It will clean your blood. It will heal your liver. The common cold is a very interesting thing to heal. We usually use the very tips and the bark of a willow just to relieve the aches and pains of the physical body.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it makes you say everything twice Re Aldi! :laughing9: Do you use it? I'm kinda' afraid of those homeopathic remedies. I took some medicinal tea once to relieve constipation and I think I passed my liver! :help: I'll do some reading up and research on it and then make up my mind. Thanks for offering to help. Monty

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no worries monty! no one is gonna give it to you!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
swine flu = crap. Its another way for society to start scaring us with stupid problems. We should all be happy! Glad you and your daughter are safe and sound! :)

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I took some medicinal tea once to relieve constipation and I think I passed my liver!
====================================================================
;D LMAO Thanks a lot Monty, I laughed so hard I durned near swallered my dip of snuff.
But I'm a firm believer in that green healing stuff & I ain't talking about the green weed or
magic mushrooms. Texastee, I have used Thieves but I now buy & at times sell oils from a
British Columbia supplier . They sell natural, theraputic grade oils, that I find just as good &
less expensive. They sell a Terminator blend that is equal to Thieves. Plenty of oils like lemon,
clove & many others are naturally anti-bacterial & anti-viral & when diffused or atomized during
the flu season do work to kill germs. Plus the nice smell thru the home. Just want to warn people
not to buy most of those 'fragrances or scents' claiming to be oils. If they're cheap, it's highly
likely they're lab created or something extracted by using solvents & just a waste of money plus
being unhealthy because of the solvents used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread