Walmart attacks the Girl Scouts

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Nothing silly at all here. The thread is titled "Walmart attacks girl scouts", when in reality it looks like the thread was started by someone that just wanted to attack Walmart :dontknow:..
And for what it is worth, I don't shop at Walmart but if they were selling real girl scout cookies for less than the girl scouts were selling them for, of course I would buy them at Walmart! I have no allegiances to either the girl scouts or Walmart, as they are both in it to make money.

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Just think how much the girl scouts would make if they had their brand of cookies on Walmart's shelves................ They might be able to cure all of the world's problems piggy!!!

John

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Seamuss said:
Wal-mart is not the problem here.The fact that they have girl scout cookies on the shelves and SOMEONE is buying them is the problem. If buying these cookies from the stores stop and the focus of buying from the girls resumes then Wal-mart will not have a market for the cookies and everyone can focus on the scouts.

If you re-read all the posts her then you will find out how silly ALL of us are. And all of us are being silly about this thread.
I wouldn't say there's anything silly about this thread. It's mostly topical, it's something that people obviously feel passionate about, and regardless of the main topic there are undercurrents of greed, anger, outrage....

But you're right in saying that Wal-Mart isn't the problem. No company can ever be considered the problem when it comes to a situation like this. The public buying the merchandise determine what stays and what goes, which businesses flourish and which fail. Being angry with Wal-Mart is like getting mad at the sky because you don't like that shade of blue.

But, as you can see, people are going to buy what their gut tells them. Some here want to promote and support the GS, some want the most bang for their buck. It's not silly it all, it's just life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread