Department of homeland security opened my mail...

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
So I ordered a little plastic connector for the iPhone to do some development for client (iPhone docking station to control a high end camera). Sadly, the only supplier of the 'real' connector (and not one that's a cheap clone), has to be ordered from Sweden (@pple is very tight with their stuff).

I get the envelop with a large tape across the opening from where they opened it saying "department of homeland security".

Hmmmm.... anyone else with this experience?

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
It's good to see there doing their job.
I obtain health supplements from the US which are regularly inspected by Australian customs.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Well, I'm all for keeping our country safe, but you have to wonder, where does it end? I'll agree to them opening 'suspicious mail', but when do they start 'wiretapping' people automatically, just because my mail was triggered for a 'random search'. They could claim, "Oh, it's a computer....

ahhh... I'll just stop there.... I won't win anyway. I'll give up now.

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
Well, would YOU trust the Swedes?
Like, where did they get all those beautiful blonde babes? Something's just a little fishy.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
mikeofaustin said:
Well, I'm all for keeping our country safe, but you have to wonder, where does it end? I'll agree to them opening 'suspicious mail', but when do they start 'wiretapping' people automatically, just because my mail was triggered for a 'random search'. They could claim, "Oh, it's a computer....

ahhh... I'll just stop there.... I won't win anyway. I'll give up now.
Mmmmm, I can't see the connection.
Conspiracies must be in the mail.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Johnnysan said:
Like, where did they get all those beautiful blonde babes? Something's just a little fishy.
Muslims are a major problem in Sweden and so are the ever growing number of Muslim haters.

This starts in Swedish then in a few secs. to Eng.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnnysan said:

Yea I gotta agree

Dangerous country :tongue3:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
jeff of pa said:
Johnnysan said:

Yea I gotta agree

Dangerous country :tongue3:

Oh Jeff, you have no idea! :D
It's worse then you could ever imagine! Get over here and you'll see, a heart attack 2 secs after you get of the plane. ;D

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was awkward. After watching the video and went to reply at the bottom of the postings, all the reply to post and etc buttons was gone. Even on the other threads. But now it is working.

Maybe some bug, (gubernet) blocking me or screwing with my computer!

Good thing you didn't have one of those blow up ladies in the box :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

I could ONLY imagine someone getting a computer shipped. I am sure DHS would have to look in the package and put their "OWN" programs before it arrived at you address.

Yeah it is a darn shame they have to bring in translators. yeah, here in the U.S. as well. But if the kids are coming here not speaking the continents language, then they need to learn it real quick or GO BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread