Strong Meteor Shower Tonight !

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
ya now mojjax every year I say to myself that I'm gonna set the alarm, make omelets, drink Bloody Marys and watch the heavenly show. But NO, this event always seems to fall smack dab in my work week :-\

No matter, Thanks for the 411! Maybe I can muster up a Perseid vibe at 3 am...wish me luck.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Yea, if you have clear skies where you live, this is usually one of the better ones to catch every year :thumbsup: The show gets better as the night progresses until sunrise. Unfortunately this year the Perseids peak in early afternoon tomorrow. However, the best show of the year(imo), is the Geminids in December, as the winter sky is usually much clearer than this hazy summer sky. Also, in December, you don't have to deal with all these damn mosquitoes ;D.. Good luck, Gpurs...

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
We saw 10 or so before midnight, not to bad for the back porch in the middle of the city. Couldn't believe I was actually able to get my fourteen year old son interested, he was amazed! He kept at it well past midnight. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread