Protestor with gun, - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    us
    Jan 2008
    Black Hills of South Dakota
    Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
    390 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Protestor with gun,

TC,

Same here and its the same way in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre airport (Avoca) - and the courthouses. I think most of Pa is like that, and I am pretty sure western South Dakota is also. (some of the eastern part, has a different attitude).

B

"Irony is the rule"

May 2008
    Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
    White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
    6 times

Just out of interest, what about long guns? Do the open carry laws refer only to handguns?

What if the guy wanted to make the same statement with a rifle with a scope slung over his shoulder?

Jay

us
    Jun 2006
    Minnesota
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by BuckleBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by stefen
    Just because he did not agree with the politics or the agenda of OBama, does not mean that he must give up his rights...although, that's next
    But it also doesn't mean that he has to bring a weapon to a presidential address just because he can.

Sure, he is within his rights. But if he'd stopped to think about the statement he was trying to make (be it revolution, gun control, or whatever), then he'd maybe have realized that he was making the opposite statement.

For folks who want to Keep their rights to bear arms, this is no way to act.

When people push the limits of their legal rights, those rights have a tendency get restricted.

-Buck
    I only really disagree with one thing you said. "For folks who want to Keep their rights to bear arms, this is no way to act." The President doesn't get to change the constitution because he is scared of the populace. Nor does his party get to legislate away the second amendment. People who BREAK gun laws are dealt with by law enforcement. If the offence is serious enough, they lose their second amendment right to bear arms. You wouldn't want detecting banned just because one guy was out there digging up easements, would you?

John

us
    Jan 2008
    390 times

You only need a gun to protect your life or someone else's life.

I cannot agree with you on that. It doesn't matter if we 'need' it or not - it's our right.

I take it that we shouldn't be exercising our rights only when 'proper'? (Proper being what someone else decides is proper?).

In my opinion - 'proper' is when I feel like it, because I can.

B
    "Irony is the rule"

us
    Jun 2006
    Minnesota
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by AU24K
    I believe that the guy was trying to get arrested or "roughed up" by Obammy's henchmen possibly to initiate a Federal lawsuit for violation of his 2nd amendment rights.
    Regardless of whether he is within his rights or not, his actions are counterproductive to his message. Just because you are allowed a certain activity, you must weigh that against the "big picture". I think the man acted a fool and has hurt his position and ideology. If you want to fight, choose your battles carefully. The word "discretion" comes to mind....
    Scott

PS. Message to guy with gun: if you file a federal lawsuit and it goes before the Supreme Court, what cha think will be the result? Hint: Sotomayer.
    As long as the supreme court stays the same, the second amendment is safe. Sotomayer did not shift the balance of the supreme court. The hippie she replaced never was a freind of the second amendment anyways. As for the guy with the gun, what did he do wrong??

John

us
    Jan 2008
    390 times

Actually, its the same debate as on another forum - if its legal, and I choose to do it, then, that's the person's decision.

Whether its wearing your gun, metal detecting, protests, etc.

We have become a society that wants to control what everyone else does. If I don't md, you shouldn't md. If I don't hunt, you shouldn't hunt, etc, ad nauseum.

B
    "Irony is the rule"

May 2008
    Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
    White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
    6 times

Definitely interesting. From that link...

Asked whether the individuals carrying weapons jeopardized the safety of the president, Donovan said, "Of course not."

The individuals would never have gotten close to the president, regardless of any state laws on openly carrying weapons, he said. A venue is considered a federal site when the Secret Service is protecting the president, and weapons are not allowed on a federal site, he said
    Of course this ultimately trumps all I guess.

Jay

BIG61AL

within his rights .... yes
    outta his mind.... HELL YES

In light of past history ...Kennedy brothers, Ford, Clinton - guns and Presidents are a bad mix...
    I have absolutely no doubt that he is on a list and will be actively followed for years.

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    126 times

"This is no way to act"..... I musta missed something in the video- how exactly is he acting? Looks to me like he's just standing there holding a sign. Happens to have a gun. No biggie except to city slickers. Time was when this was a common site, and there were much fewer shootings, LOL! Wonder why it's not so common anymore? (and obviously scary to some of you) ?

Really Peachy- to put this man in the same category as Cindy Sheehan is a little over the top, lol!

By the way, carrying a gun when you need it?

How do you know when you need it? Do attackers give you forewarning? I mean I can see for hunting, yes. But for personal protection, pretty much anytime is a good time. Never know in today's crazy world.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    34121 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Openly carrying guns, while legal, attracts attention
    BY BEN WOLFGANG (STAFF WRITER bwolfgang@republicanherald.com)
    Published: August 19, 2009

In spite of misgivings by some in attendance, the men were not breaking the law, and it would be the same story here in Schuylkill County.

"You have the right to do that," Schuylkill County Commissioner Frank V. McAndrew, former county sheriff, said Tuesday.

He said gun owners openly carrying firearms in Schuylkill County have not been a problem for local law enforcement.

McAndrew served 14 years as sheriff before being elected commissioner in 2007.

Pennsylvania law requires permits for carrying concealed weapons and carrying guns in vehicles, but is silent on open carrying, according to the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association.

There are some exceptions - openly carrying is prohibited in Philadelphia without a license.

Gun owners also can't openly carry in court facilities, on school property, in federal buildings, detention facilities and airport terminals.

http://www.republicanherald.com/news...acts_attention

us
    Jan 2008
    390 times

Jeffro!!

B
    "Irony is the rule"

us
    Mar 2007
    sw Pa.
    8 times

There was another incident a few miles from here where a man carrying openly while in a store,
    something like a Wal-Mart noticed a group of officers(4) & a few others, including an obviously
    upset woman. As he approached the check-out, the lady started pointing at him & becoming louder.
    He paid for his items & walked past this group on his way out while saying hello to the officers.
    He was NOT stopped or questioned & the woman became furious to the point that the officers removed
    her from the store. So it seems, these police understood & had no problem with Pa.'s 'open carry law' ,
    but this lady needed to understand others rights to bear arms. I doubt if she was arrested for disorderly
    conduct, but I'm sure the officers tried hard to explain to her that 'no crime had been committed'.
    The Truth is Always Politically Incorrect

us
    Jun 2006
    Minnesota
    4 times

You have to love the do gooder, tree huggers!!!

John

Mar 2003
    Indiana
    All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
    55 times

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.oroblanco
    You only need a gun to protect your life or someone else's life.

I cannot agree with you on that. It doesn't matter if we 'need' it or not - it's our right.

I take it that we shouldn't be exercising our rights only when 'proper'? (Proper being what someone else decides is proper?).

In my opinion - 'proper' is when I feel like it, because I can.

B
    I believe that we have fought many wars over our rights and the founders clearly said that any power not granted to the federal government devolves to the state government and that some rights devolve to the people. In the days of the Old West when convicted felons were released from the federal penitentiary in Yuma their guns were returned to them. For over a hundred years free citizens freely entered courtrooms wearing their sidearms and carrying their long guns. It was only after the advent of the "activist" judges that the jurists became so afraid for their personal safety that guns were banned from courtrooms. Prior to that judges were satisfied to rely on armed bailiffs and some had a handgun laying on their desk for ready use.
    siegfried schlagrule
    "We have done so much; for so many; for so long; with so little; that pretty soon we'll be able to do anything; with nothing at all."
    my unit motto - 138th Aviation Company -  224th Aviation Battalion - Phu Bai, I Corps, Republic of Vietnam - 1972
    Siegfried Schlagrule

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    134 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Huffington Post. That says it all. Why bother? Yawn. Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links