Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm irate

Boogeyman,

You know - for people who can - that's a great idea, doing all the work yourself.

Here's the problem, with vehicles (and other things). They are making vehicles intentionally, that cannot be worked on at home.

I remember, years ago - I could fix just about anything on both tractors and cars. Now, on some cars - I have trouble finding the darned tranny dipstick. We had a Cobra - you had to lift the engine out to change the back sparkplug wires.

Makers don't want you to fix things at home.

B

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Monty,

As I said BBB is a big club to hold over their heads. Most people/businesses don't realize how much business/ income is lost by a customer filing a complaint & posting on all the sites you can add comments or ratings for businesses. I guess most of the shoddy businesses are too used to customers just laying down & taking whatever crud they hand out.

Mrs. Oro,

Once again you've hit it on the head. That's one of the reasons I have a ton of long handle pliers from Harbor Freight, modified with a torch & bent to reach the parts only a dwarf would attempt to get to. ;D Needless to sat, most of the parts that are encapsulated can be soaked in MEK until they soften then peel it off & trouble shoot the electronic part. Yep, I miss the old 66 Fords & VWs where the whole tool kit would fit in your back pocket, and spare parts were easy to find because almost all your neighbors had one sitting out on the back 40. :thumbsup: And parts would interchange for at least 2 years. Won't go into the creative use of baling wire, canned milk & Bull Durham ;D :D :D

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;D ;D ;D

I remember those days. Mr. O and I once took a trip where we spent most of the trip with a bread wrap wire holding the accelerator rod together.

;D ;D

PS: Don't forget the WD40 and duct tape.

Anyone remember when we used to take vegetable cans, take off the bottom and top lids and called it an exhaust sytem 'fix'?

;D ;D ;D ;D

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70

Sorry for your problems.

Mrs. O done it many times to patch my exhaust pipe when I was much younger.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread