Im irate - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    55 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: I'm irate

thanks for everyone thoughts an input........I really wish I coulda done most of this work myself but after my wreck I just cant do it an its very frustraiting ...I didnt think about the BBB but I sure am now .....the biggest problem now is not having the funds to take both somewhere now an getting the new bill n sending to the 1st shop an the BBB.

so I'm just trying to figure out what to do now .
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69

Mar 2003
    Indiana
    All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
    55 times

My wife likes to go to Car-X for her oil changes because it has a nice clean lounge with a TV set and a coffee pot and the sales people all treat her so nice. Twice she let them "upgrade" her to over $300 in extra repairs that I was expected to pay for without being consulted first because they were holding her car hostage basically. At our last discussion concerning this process she finally got the message and when she went in for her last oil change she had them give her a written description of whatever was wrong and an estimate of what it would cost to fix. I took that list - which i wrote out by hand - and my wife to my favorite tire dealer who also does mechanical work and asked him to check those items for me while he rotated my tires. Three of the four items there was absolutely nothing wrong. The fourth item it was wrong but no big deal. The estimated cost of repairs was almost $700. I did not repair the one thing that was wrong but am watching it and if it gets worse I'll fix it. It was caused by my wife finding a sale on those huge decorative brick building blocks and using her car trunk as a pickup truck and breaking one of the back springs. She didn't call me to haul them in the truck because she didn't want me to know how much she spent on them. Get a second opinion. An even cheaper second opinion is taking your car by a dealer and asking him how much he will allow in trade for your car. Believe me you will hear about every little thing that is wrong and some that aren't. siegfried schlagrule
    "We have done so much; for so many; for so long; with so little; that pretty soon we'll be able to do anything; with nothing at all."
    my unit motto - 138th Aviation Company -  224th Aviation Battalion - Phu Bai, I Corps, Republic of Vietnam - 1972
    Siegfried Schlagrule

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    134 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I was charged over $800.00 to fix my home AC. when I got to looking into it because it didn't work I found out that all it needed was some freon. I brought it to their attention and they more or less said so, too bad. I filed a complaint wit the Better Business Bureau and low and behold the Service Company phoned and offered me $750.00 to withdraw the complaint. I did and they did. First time I ever got any justice on something like that. Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3379 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

#1 they know your "leaving" thus will not be there to sue them in court and / or bad mouth them to other "locals" em when the slipshod "bubblegum" fix -they slapped on it gives out

#2 they stalled you on getting the vechiles back till just before your due to go * so you got no time to figger out how bad they hosed you * till your far away .

lessons learn ----never ever tell a repair shop that you need it fixed cuase your moving outta state * -- they then know you'll have no recourse against them ( gotta be local to sue em easily)

get someone who's honest and knows what their doing.(yes they do tend to cost more)

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    185 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

damn that sucks !!
    ALLEN

us
    Jan 2008
    Black Hills of South Dakota
    Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
    389 times

Boogeyman,

You know - for people who can - that's a great idea, doing all the work yourself.

Here's the problem, with vehicles (and other things). They are making vehicles intentionally, that cannot be worked on at home.

I remember, years ago - I could fix just about anything on both tractors and cars. Now, on some cars - I have trouble finding the darned tranny dipstick. We had a Cobra - you had to lift the engine out to change the back sparkplug wires.

Makers don't want you to fix things at home.

B
    "Irony is the rule"

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2794 times

Monty,

As I said BBB is a big club to hold over their heads. Most people/businesses don't realize how much business/ income is lost by a customer filing a complaint & posting on all the sites you can add comments or ratings for businesses. I guess most of the shoddy businesses are too used to customers just laying down & taking whatever crud they hand out.

Mrs. Oro,

Once again you've hit it on the head. That's one of the reasons I have a ton of long handle pliers from Harbor Freight, modified with a torch & bent to reach the parts only a dwarf would attempt to get to. Needless to sat, most of the parts that are encapsulated can be soaked in MEK until they soften then peel it off & trouble shoot the electronic part. Yep, I miss the old 66 Fords & VWs where the whole tool kit would fit in your back pocket, and spare parts were easy to find because almost all your neighbors had one sitting out on the back 40. And parts would interchange for at least 2 years. Won't go into the creative use of baling wire, canned milk & Bull Durham
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

us
    Jan 2008
    389 times

I remember those days. Mr. O and I once took a trip where we spent most of the trip with a bread wrap wire holding the accelerator rod together.

PS: Don't forget the WD40 and duct tape.

Anyone remember when we used to take vegetable cans, take off the bottom and top lids and called it an exhaust sytem 'fix'?

"Irony is the rule"

us
    Oct 2006
    Mid-Michigan
    Minelab X 70
    4 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Sorry for your problems.

Mrs. O done it many times to patch my exhaust pipe when I was much younger.

Mike

us
    Jan 2008
    389 times

Those were the days. (I was much younger, too)

B
    "Irony is the rule"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links