Why I wont buy another book from this author.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Re: Why I won't buy another book from this author.

The author must write exclusively for whites, so I would not know who it would be. Although enquiring minds want to know.

I would recommend the Tesoro only because of my experience with Tesoro customer service. They are excellent. A lot of times when I call, I speak with a technician or the owner and have had my questions answered. I have also had to send my Tiger Shark back for service and they sent it back very quickly. It was gone for a week and a half (from Pittsburgh to Arizona, fixed and back again.) Great people and my metal detector shop that I go to is great. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

no the author writes on minelab too, infact I thought he was only minelab until looking for his last book.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

He does not write for minelab, but has put out books on the sovereign/excal the books are very helpful and has some great techniques. That should be clue enough for anyone to figure out who it is.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was having trouble with a machine an author had written about, and he contacted me! Said to give him my email and he would try to help me out. I did, but he didn't! Go figure. Guess he thought better of it? Anyway, at least he acknowledged me and I never thought he was Dear Abby. Instead of your brother giving his opion and then asking for the author to refute it, he should have just asked the question. There was a one time poster here that asked the age and value of something. Several of the knowledgible forum members answered and regretfully told him it wasn't very old and wasn't very valuable. And this guy came back and wanted to argue with them. If he knew the answer why the heck did he ask? And he sure was off base arguing with the ones who knew the answer! That's the way it goes I guess? Monty

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yeah my brother should of phased the question better, but half of the conversation took place in the forum where the guy and others were discussing it (not TN) so if you had been following it there then the question when emailed made more sense. I can't wait to see which machine he decides on. LOL because just about the time he makes up his mind, he comes across "new info" and is back to considering.
He sent his excal in, they first told him $525, then dropped it to $275 and he just got it back it went in an old excal and came out an excal II, the only thing they did not replace was the actual casing which holds the brain. But a new coil, new headphones, cables, new insides, sheesh! I can tell you he is one HAPPY CAMPER right now. You can't beat that deal with a stick!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

People die, get run over by trucks, sued by ex-spouses for visitation rights with the cat... lots of reasons we all have some very bad days every now and then.

What he said was not nice, particularly since he is in the business of selling something, which requires some people skills.

Who knows, maybe his house burned down last week, his dog died, and his truck was towed by the cops...

Sometimes I come off harsh and rough when it's not directed at the person I'm engaged in conversation at the time with, it's just an ugly aura because of something else, but I just sound hateful. I try to be better...

Maybe the guy was having a bad day.

Bad Day.gif

Perhaps what he really needs is a hug.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a habit of being outspoken, good or bad. So if you don't really want my opinion , don't ask. But if I can help someone I will do my darndest. Being outspoken sometimes things don't read ike I intended it and some get upset with me. But don't start something with me or I'll reply in kind. That's just me and a week later I'm over it. Monty

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

txkickergirl,

The reply almost sounds like it was not the author who responded. Most authors love to talk and write.

I have a PI machine and they are different beast. Iron lovers. The Infinium LS is supposed to have some discrimination. Don,t rule out White,s PI machines.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread