Robt Novak - RIP

B

BIG61AL

hhhhm wasn't he the guy who outed a covert CIA operative during a state of war??? That sounds like an act of treason.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
BIG61AL said:
hhhhm wasn't he the guy who outed a covert CIA operative during a state of war??? That sounds like an act of treason.

Can't out whats already out? Half of Washington knew she was an op well before the story came out. :-\

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
BIG61AL said:

She wasn't a covert cia op, if she was Novak would have been charged too.

John

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know the man personally but, some of his commentary led me to think that he thought he was just a tad better than "normal folk". First off, I believe he was an "officer" in the military during the Korean conflict. Not all officers are pious but being one fit the rest of his attitude towards others. I can't remember all of his ramblings but I do remember him saying that all the US Coast Guard did was rescue drunk boaters. On another occasion he was commenting on a story about Tanya Harding ( the cheating ice skater) and how she had driven her "pickup" into a ditch. (Her pickup was probably an SUV but, no matter) His remarks were, "Pickup, figures, what else would she be driving?". To me it was like he was labeling everyone that drives a pickup a lowlife or a hillbilly. There were some other dumb statements he had made but I can't think of them right now. I used to watch his TV show just to see if he was going to make another belittling remark about someone else. He lost all credibility with me due his holyer-than-thou attitude. I wouldn't normally badmouth someone so soon after their demise but, he was a public figure, and as such, subject to public scrutiny. I agree though, RIP Novak. It's not that I considered him as malicious; he was just innocently out of tune with the rest of the world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread