K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pigiron said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:
sometimes PETA crosses the line, like saying overweight chicks are fat whales.
thats not cool. >:(
Obesity causes a lot of diseases which add enormously to the Nations health bill. Like with smoking all methods
should be used to kick the junk food habit.
If methods to enhance the Nations health and its animals overlap, then this is a good thing.

I'm surprised by the animosity PETA brings out in a certain class of folks.

what the hell does this mean? i have no animosity to PETA... MOST of the things they
want to do are really worth while.... HOWEVER...not this time.
my point is, its not PETA's place to call ANYONE names!
it makes FAT PEOPLE TURN TO FOOD! its a proven fact that when you
put down an overweight person they turn to food for comfort.
i pray its a big fat juicy yummmmmmy cow! OR TWO!

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Like I said , it takes a certain class of folks to be anti-PETA and to make childish BS jokes about them.
I wonder what else they have in common ?

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
What's thier position on fish? Seems like their was a Holy Man that supplied fish for a pretty large crowd in the Bible.

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006
pigiron said:
Like I said , it takes a certain class of folks to be anti-PETA and to make childish BS jokes about them.

Backbones ....... the freedom to have their own opinions and belief system.

Must be nice to have the "my way or the highway" attitude.

Best spend less time here, and more time over at the pita website so you can find out what's going to outrage you next. Mindless drivel.....

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Holy Man also turned water into wine and those fishes had some loaves with them. " A fish, a jug of wine, some bread and thou."

PETA is like any well intentioned organization that goes overboard. They are no better or no worse than that bunch that attends funerals and interrupts the interment of our brave soldiers. Greenpeace is another group. Save the whales. I've never seen a whale and don't care if I ever do either! And oh, let's not forget the tree huggers. They kill a million trees using paper to print anti-harvesting literature to save the trees! Any group that goes to fanatical extemes to accomplish a goal is going to fail. Name one that hasn't. Me? I belong to the NRA! :wink: Monty

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are they saying whales should loose blubber and become vegetarians to be saved? :dontknow:
I wonder why they don't protest the non human animals that eat meat. :icon_scratch:
They probably started out with a good cause, but now they have gone way overboard and have become wackos.

WhaleBB.JPG

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
heres one for Peta dont eat meat?hey if you wanna lose weight just start smoking CRACK,OR SHOOT HEROIN guaranteed to lose weight @SSHOLES!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pigiron said:
That's because they are a joke. They are nothing but a bunch of left wing whack job liberals and all they do is contibute to the pu**ification of America. Here is a prime example of their ridiculousness-

WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."
"We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child," said a spokesperson for Ben and Jerry's.
Read PETA's letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield

September 23, 2008

Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, Cofounders
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc.

Dear Mr. Cohen and Mr. Greenfield,

On behalf of PETA and our more than 2 million members and supporters, I'd like to bring your attention to an innovative new idea from Switzerland that would bring a unique twist to Ben and Jerry's.
Storchen restaurant is set to unveil a menu that includes soups, stews, and sauces made with at least 75 percent breast milk procured from human donors who are paid in exchange for their milk. If Ben and Jerry's replaced the cow's milk in its ice cream with breast milk, your customers-and cows-would reap the benefits.
Using cow's milk for your ice cream is a hazard to your customer's health. Dairy products have been linked to juvenile diabetes, allergies, constipation, obesity, and prostate and ovarian cancer. The late Dr. Benjamin Spock, America's leading authority on child care, spoke out against feeding cow's milk to children, saying it may play a role in anemia, allergies, and juvenile diabetes and in the long term, will set kids up for obesity and heart disease-America's number one cause of death.

Animals will also benefit from the switch to breast milk. Like all mammals, cows only produce milk during and after pregnancy, so to be able to constantly milk them, cows are forcefully impregnated every nine months. After several years of living in filthy conditions and being forced to produce 10 times more milk than they would naturally, their exhausted bodies are turned into hamburgers or ground up for soup.

And of course, the veal industry could not survive without the dairy industry. Because male calves can't produce milk, dairy farmers take them from their mothers immediately after birth and sell them to veal farms, where they endure 14 to17 weeks of torment chained inside a crate so small that they can't even turn around.
The breast is best! Won't you give cows and their babies a break and our health a boost by switching from cow's milk to breast milk in Ben and Jerry's ice cream? Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,

Tracy Reiman

Executive Vice President

warsawdaddy said:
What's thier position on fish? Seems like their was a Holy Man that supplied fish for a pretty large crowd in the Bible.
Here is their postion on fishing-

PETA's Efforts to Ban Fishing
Jim Shepard shows how PETA is trying to ban fishing
By Ronnie Garrison, About.com

by Jim Shepherd, The Outdoor Wire
Several months ago, The Outdoor Wire reported a new campaign from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) that was going to take up a new cause: fish. At that time, we received several notes from people accusing us of reporting something that was, at best, looney, and most likely, a joke.
It's not a joke, folks. Today, it's a reality. PETA's already begun their initial push to "sensitize" the media. The most recent incident is PETA's having told newspaper editors it was time to "either dump their fishing columns or relegate them to the crime and obituary sections where they belong."

In a column called "Let 'Em Eat Worms," Florida Today fishing columnist Bill Sargent reported that "if PETA had its way, you wouldn't be reading this column with your Sunday morning coffee." He then recounted the letter newspaper sports editors had received from Karen Robertson the Fish Empathy Project Manager (I did NOT make this up) for PETA. From her group HQ in Norfolk, Virginia, she brought her 800,000 members and supporters to bear on the fishing columnists of the country.

The letter says "Please consider this: You wouldn't dedicate space in your paper to the recreational abuse of dogs and cats, yet the fishing column encoPETA's serious about the Fish Empathy Project. They're planning a series of billboards across the country to spread the message. One, as we reported earlier, will feature the lovable house pet with a fishing lure through its lip (placed there digitally, of course). One caption will read "If you wouldn't do this to a dog, why do it to a fish?"

PETA's serious about the Fish Empathy Project. They're planning a series of billboards across the country to spread the message. One, as we reported earlier, will feature the lovable house pet with a fishing lure through its lip (placed there digitally, of course). One caption will read "If you wouldn't do this to a dog, why do it to a fish?"

In the Far East, that would get an appreciative chuckle from natives who consider a man leading a dog on a leash to be a caterer (and, as the punch line goes, a man leading two dogs is a - vegetarian!). Here in the United States, however, where we apparently believe that meat is grown in shrink-wrapped packages, that's a dynamite sensitivity hot button.

After all, PETA's website writes, "anglers will have more than fishing on their minds when they see this billboard on the way to their favorite fishing hole." Before I forget, you can see all this first-hand on the PETA website www.fishinghurts.com (again, I am NOT making this up).

If the PETA's Fish Empathy Project can get funded to the point it can afford to buy display advertising and kickoff national awareness campaigns with media blitzes, it brings an interesting point to mind: why can't we seem to get "traction" with the message that people who love the outdoors - even if they fish and/or hunt - are people as well. Instead, we're demonized, lampooned and turned into the poster children for all that's wrong with the right to choose our own paths.

This week, The Outdoor Wire's appeared to look more and more like an advocacy publication than a source for "news and events from the outdoor industry." As editor and publisher, I realize we're headed toward what may become a slippery slope for this electronic publication. However, there comes a time when it seems wrong to sit and chuckle any longer at the "antics" of people I have heretofore called "well meaning dunderheads."

That points out two errors in my own thinking. First, these people aren't well-meaning. They are every bit as dedicated to the elimination of fishing and hunting as the Axis powers were on winning World War II. Secondly, they're not dunderheads. They're organized, funded people on a mission. One they're quite willing to suffer "the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" - and the occasional appearance of idiocy - to reach.

Maybe it's time we stopped laughing at them - and started defining the locations and battles we fight, rather than allowing them to bring us over a moral terrain we wouldn't even have to defend in a logical, rational discourse. For example: there are more forests in New England today than any period since before the Civil War. At that time, New York was only 25 percent forested. Today, the percentage is more than 66 percent. In 1936, piedmont Georgia was 80 percent deforested. Today, 80 percent of the same area has trees. We have added more than 10 million (10,000,000) acres of forestland in the last 10 years alone. The Great Plains host more buffalo now than in the century previous. We are not senselessly pillaging our environment. We are changing it, but change is a part of nature. When we try to monkey around with artificial constancy is when we mess it up.

Likewise, we need to apply some mid-course corrections to the folks who have come out for family planning as a panacea for poverty AND environmental purity. There are far more indicators to prove that economic development and prosperity do more to help assure a healthy environment than birth control among the human population. There is also a reason they've started calling themselves "conservationists" rather than "environmentalists". The "environmentalists" screwed up by allowing their extreme wing to define their image. So…they're moving to camouflage their true nature.

We can get them to the table to talk. Unfortunately, we have to convince them it's in their best interests to sit down. Like the Axis and the "axis of evil" it's going to take definitive action to bring them to the table. They do not respect our rights. They are after their authority to dictate what is or is not a right. They leave that territory for us to defend. In the meantime, they've been able to inculcate into the society the mindset that to believe in "inalienable rights" is downright intolerant and extreme.

It's time to take the gloves off, people.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i my self am a very manly man not big on health food i do need to loose wiehgt at least 60 -70 pounds . i think slender women are very very WOW oh my goodness ill be nice easy on the eyes. i live in missouri happily married with 2 beautiful children and wife so not out looking for women. if i was on the market i wouldnt be able to land one of them skinny girls so i got me a fluffy girl treats me nice feeds me very well and keeps me warm on those cold winter nights and canfly really big kites with me in the spring time. she is the love of my life i knew i was gonna marry her on the second date .super model skinny girls good to look at BUT they cant keep you warm in the winter most dont know how to cook and cant fly banzi kites in the spring . peta is very very bad word bad word bad word wrong. but when you wear a bikini that is smaller than a hair net and you think a box of twinkies a 12 pack of coke and 3 burger king whopper value meals are a snack you do need help .peta is so wrong there are eating disorders and chemical unbalances that can cause a woman to be very obiece. some times thier men folk dont help when they have had 2-3 babies and tell them dont leave the house unless you are with me and hosue cleaning dishes and cooking comes before your waist line, youre married already dont worry about lookin pretty when we go out no one else is gonna look at you you are with me . i know i know it is bad and does happen but in my house it is health before disease we have diabeties and heart disease on both sides of the fence. so peta ttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhppppppppppppppppppppppppppyou suck.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a certain class of folks..........................oh I'm not going to respond with my thoughts to that .

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
That's because they are a joke. They are nothing but a bunch of left wing whack job liberals and all they do is contibute to the pu$$ification of America.
Uh well that's not true at all. I am a conservative republican and a proud member of PETA.

I will say this though, PETA has it's share of radicals but so does every organization I can think of. Geeez, go to your local schools PTA meetings and you'll see what I mean. All in all, PETA does a remarkable job in bringing public awareness to animal cruelty. You may not like some of their tactics, but the end justifies the means. I've said this before, not all PETA members are radical vegans. Plenty of meatasauruses belong to PETA. Personally, I don't care what animal anyone eats so long as it is raised and killed HUMANELY. Is it too much to ask to not be cruel?

I agree, no need for cruelty.

GG~

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olepossum said:
i my self am a very manly man not big on health food i do need to loose wiehgt at least 60 -70 pounds . i think slender women are very very WOW oh my goodness ill be nice easy on the eyes. i live in missouri happily married with 2 beautiful children and wife so not out looking for women. if i was on the market i wouldnt be able to land one of them skinny girls so i got me a fluffy girl treats me nice feeds me very well and keeps me warm on those cold winter nights and canfly really big kites with me in the spring time. she is the love of my life i knew i was gonna marry her on the second date .super model skinny girls good to look at BUT they cant keep you warm in the winter most dont know how to cook and cant fly banzi kites in the spring . peta is very very bad word bad word bad word wrong. but when you wear a bikini that is smaller than a hair net and you think a box of twinkies a 12 pack of coke and 3 burger king whopper value meals are a snack you do need help .peta is so wrong there are eating disorders and chemical unbalances that can cause a woman to be very obiece. some times thier men folk dont help when they have had 2-3 babies and tell them dont leave the house unless you are with me and hosue cleaning dishes and cooking comes before your waist line, youre married already dont worry about lookin pretty when we go out no one else is gonna look at you you are with me . i know i know it is bad and does happen but in my house it is health before disease we have diabeties and heart disease on both sides of the fence. so peta ttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhppppppppppppppppppppppppppyou suck.

thats the sweetest thing ever! :icon_thumleft:
fluffy... thats cute!
:love3:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
thank you kelly i come from a family of big boned men and fluffy women my daughter is being teased about her wieght i told her she is 9 years old and still growing her hieght will catch up with her skin and there is no such thing as fat it is called clinically chubby i also told her name calling is wrong but if the person keeps making fun of her to tell them i can loose wieght but you cant fix ignorant but we all know how mean children can get when they have no manners or upbringing .

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah...kids can be terrible to each other... and PETA putting up signs that say if your a fat girl... youre a
whale makes this even worse for these kids who are fluffy. i hope PETA offers to help these kids when they are all suffering from eating disorders.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Felinepeachy said:
That's because they are a joke. They are nothing but a bunch of left wing whack job liberals and all they do is contibute to the pu$$ification of America.
Uh well that's not true at all. I am a conservative republican and a proud member of PETA.

I will say this though, PETA has it's share of radicals but so does every organization I can think of. Geeez, go to your local schools PTA meetings and you'll see what I mean. All in all, PETA does a remarkable job in bringing public awareness to animal cruelty. You may not like some of their tactics, but the end justifies the means. I've said this before, not all PETA members are radical vegans. Plenty of meatasauruses belong to PETA. Personally, I don't care what animal anyone eats so long as it is raised and killed HUMANELY. Is it too much to ask to not be cruel?

Sure, every organization has some radicals. The point about PETA is that the whole organization is radical! I'm sure that you are a really fine person and love animals(who doesn't) and don't believe in being cruel to animals(who does), but you do belong to a very radical, far left organization. Don't let your love for animals blind you as to what PETA is all about. If you will just re-read some of Diggumup's last post in regards to PETA asking Ben and Jerry's Ice cream to use human breast milk instead of cows milk in the ice cream?? Do you really think that position is one that comes from sane and proper thinking minds?
PETA may have started out as a main stream organization designed to prevent cruelty to animals, but they were long ago high jacked by leftist wackos. Same thing has happened to the ACLU and the environmental movement, in that both started out with sound and reasonable goals but ended up high jacked by extremists.. Good luck, Gpurs...

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree with "peachy" that PETA does help animals, and also there are many people who
hurt and kill animals. HMMM..... MICHAEL VICK !!!??!! yup hes one of them!

but i dont 100% agree with all the things PETA does and says!
I LOVEEEEEEEE FUR COATS!!!!!! even in FL fur is a MUST!

S

stefen

Understand PETA is marketing jerky through their membership catalog. Hmmmmmmmmm :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions