PETA

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Doesn't matter to me what organizations you want to belong to :dontknow:.. But, you may be better served by belonging to a pro-animal organization that people take seriously, and not one that is known to be a collection of radical nuts....
Now, I'm going to have dinner (fois gras followed by a nice plate of veal parmigiana....I love Italian food). Good luck, Gpurs..

S

stefen

Jeepers ;D

Good food especially with some garlic bread and chianti...enjoy

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
My jaw almost dropped off. Ben and Jerry's from breast milk??? My gorgeous wife is a Vegetarian. Not a vegan which is no animal products, but she does not eat Chicken, Pork, or Beef. She does eat some fish, and other seafood. I love her so, but she has never been able to explain to me why she eats all of the meat substitute products. I mean really, I don't go to the supermarket and ask for carrots made made from an all beef substitute right?
Regardless you can ask the love of my life here and she will tell you Protein is not very good for putting on weight. Ya gotta eat a lot to get the excess calories and it is not nearly as easy to digest as carbs, thus more calories burnt. What puts on weight? PECAN PIE mmmmmmmmm good. ICE CREAM( I luv butter pecan). All dem BISCUTS!!! Just ask Jerry Clower, mmmmmmm goood!!! Fried peach pies, Southern cream drops, Indian fry bread, funnel cake, cake in general, Sweet tater casserole(with lots of brown sugar and little marshmallows), Smores, pies in general, Twinkies and Ho Hos, etc........... The point is over consumption of meat may put too many lipids in you blood stream and make your ticker hitch and stop like a flat head V8 with vapor lock, but if you want to get fat fast leave the meat alone and go for the carbs. Believe it or not there are a lot of overweight vegetarians. Kellly, believe it or not most Vegitarians would think that bulliten board was put up by a lot of idiotic morons. My wife sure does. Nuff said.

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
21stTNCav said:
My jaw almost dropped off. Ben and Jerry's from breast milk??? My gorgeous wife is a Vegetarian. Not a vegan which is no animal products, but she does not eat Chicken, Pork, or Beef. She does eat some fish, and other seafood. I love her so, but she has never been able to explain to me why she eats all of the meat substitute products. I mean really, I don't go to the supermarket and ask for carrots made made from an all beef substitute right?
Regardless you can ask the love of my life here and she will tell you Protein is not very good for putting on weight. Ya gotta eat a lot to get the excess calories and it is not nearly as easy to digest as carbs, thus more calories burnt. What puts on weight? PECAN PIE mmmmmmmmm good. ICE CREAM( I luv butter pecan). All dem BISCUTS!!! Just ask Jerry Clower, mmmmmmm goood!!! Fried peach pies, Southern cream drops, Indian fry bread, funnel cake, cake in general, Sweet tater casserole(with lots of brown sugar and little marshmallows), Smores, pies in general, Twinkies and Ho Hos, etc........... The point is over consumption of meat may put too many lipids in you blood stream and make your ticker hitch and stop like a flat head V8 with vapor lock, but if you want to get fat fast leave the meat alone and go for the carbs. Believe it or not there are a lot of overweight vegetarians. Kellly, believe it or not most Vegitarians would think that bulliten board was put up by a lot of idiotic morons. My wife sure does. Nuff said.

I agree with your wife...and i choose to eat mostly vegetables. but im sure as heck not gonna say no
to yummy BBQ ribs. and fat people arent going to get thin by telling them their fat and putting rude
billboards up. i wonder how many more they'll try and post?.... maybe in Cali since its also beach area.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with an earlier posting about Organizations such as PETA, Affirmative Action, the ACLU, etc. may have started out with legitimate, serious and rational goals, but, over time they have become fodder for the late night pundits and have become the laughing stock of water cooler conversation. Must be good money in it, though..... :dontknow:
Scott

PS. If you are a dedicated animal lover, instead of associating with the PETA morons, volunteer at your local animal shelter. You will not be turned away. Also take old newspapers to the shelters. Start a paper drive for this purpose. Volunteer to clean cages, take the dogs for walks. etc. I'm SURE they can find something for you to do to help out.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard a critic once say,"If veggies are so good for you, why is it that you see so many fat people at the salad bar?" DOH! Monty

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I heard a critic once say,"If veggies are so good for you, why is it that you see so many fat people at the salad bar?" DOH! Monty

Monty, maybe it's because it's an "all you can eat". Everytime I go to a buffet-style restaurant, I'm amazed at the high percentage of overweight people with multiple plates piled high enough to need sideboards.
Yes, I like the idea of "all you can eat", but there must be some self restraints built in.
Scott

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Like they say, to each their own. I myself see these super-models & other than some of them having
pretty faces, I always think someone needs to take these ladies out & feed them. Guess I'm not into
the sunken cheeks & bony look. But like Ron White of Blue Collar Comedy said, 'After reading about
how much cow flatulence is supposed to having an impact on ?global warming?, I am doing all I can
to preserve the planet. - By eating one cow at a time.' We don't need these idiots making a living out
of telling us what to do to justify their ideals, their existence or their attempts to make money because
they have no skills to do anything else. Like community activists or 90% of those moonie agencies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread