PETA

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what were they thinking... REALLY?
isnt something like half the US over weight?

PETA ad shows overweight women as whales!
"The animal rights organization PETA is taking a shot at overweight women with it's latest vegetarian billboard that went up in Jacksonville, Florida. It features an overweight woman in a bikini and the words, "Save the Whales. Lose the Blubber: Go Vegetarian."

The animal rights organization PETA is taking a shot at overweight women with it's latest vegetarian billboard that went up in Jacksonville, Florida. It features an overweight woman in a bikini and the words, "Save the Whales. Lose the Blubber: Go Vegetarian."

A Tampa Bay mom found the article posted on the Orlando Sentinel and started a conversation with other moms on MomsLikeMe.com. Click here to join the live chat.

The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals released this statement:

"A new PETA billboard campaign that was just launched in Jacksonville reminds people who are struggling to lose weight — and who want to have enough energy to chase a beach ball — that going vegetarian can be an effective way to shed those extra pounds that keep them from looking good in a bikini. [....]

Anyone wishing to achieve a hot "beach bod" is reminded that studies show that vegetarians are, on average, about 10 to 20 pounds lighter than meat-eaters. [...]

"Trying to hide your thunder thighs and balloon belly is no day at the beach," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "PETA has a free 'Vegetarian Starter Kit' for people who want to lose pounds while eating as much as they like."

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Maybe someone should tell them not all meat eaters are fat, that obesity can be caused by other things, & that it's mean to be critical of the obese. If they want to give medical advice, maybe they should hire some doctors.

I eat meat but don't brag about it. I don't think I'm very overweight, the last I checked I weighed 135 lbs. If I detected more, I'd probably weigh less.

I would like to annoy the vegetarians (at PETA) by asking if they can prove plants don't feel pain when we kill them? And what are the salaries of their highest paid officials? Seems money is behind almost everything.

Whatever diet someone chooses is fine with me. Best wishes, George (MN)

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Ray S ECenFL said:
PETA members believe that animals should have the same rights as people .............

:sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10:

Ray S
Only in so far that they should be cremated and not :
dumped as land fill ,
sold to pet food manufactures or used in live medical experiments.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals :laughing9: :tongue3: :laughing9:

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I support PETA"s pro-kill stray policy and there stance against KFC's live chicken de-beaking policy.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Certain groups sometimes own stock in certain companies so that they have access to stock holder meetings and voting.

I suspect this is where the McDonald's connection is with PETA.

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes PETA crosses the line, like saying overweight chicks are fat whales.
thats not cool. >:(

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
K*E*L*L*Y said:
sometimes PETA crosses the line, like saying overweight chicks are fat whales.
thats not cool. >:(
Obesity causes a lot of diseases which add enormously to the Nations health bill. Like with smoking all methods
should be used to kick the junk food habit.
If methods to enhance the Nations health and its animals overlap, then this is a good thing.

I'm surprised by the animosity PETA brings out in a certain class of folks.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that there is a place for all animals....right next to the taters and gravy. :laughing7:
Scott

S

Smee

AU24K said:
I believe that there is a place for all animals....right next to the taters and gravy. :laughing7:
Scott
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As I heard Justin Wilson (the comic not the racer) say, when asked why he ate alligator: "Well, he'd eat you, wouldn't he?"

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Maybe the cattleman's assoc. should put a billboard up saying,'Help stamp out anorexia,eat more beef'.I use to eat all natural foods until I heard that most people died from natural causes.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
pigiron said:
I support PETA"s pro-kill stray policy and there stance against KFC's live chicken de-beaking policy.
I don't know about KFC's debeaking policy but I am from a rural part of the country where they raise chickens in chicken houses and my wife told me that all chicken companies have a policy of debeaking chickens when they are chicks in order to keep them from killing each other in the chicken houses. It is not like they take the the entire beak off the chicken. It is more like cutting the point off (like you do with scissors) to keep them from harming each other.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
:D

Attachments

• tee_manrules_hunting-1.gif
    tee_manrules_hunting-1.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 314
S