Cocaine might be in your wallet !
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Feb 2005
    MAINE
    Ace 250
    3319 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

Cocaine might be in your wallet !

WASHINGTON (AP) - Chances are there's cocaine in your wallet.
    Researchers looked at 234 bank notes from the U.S. and found that 90 percent had small traces of the illegal drug.

Bills from larger cities, such as Baltimore, Boston and Detroit, were among those with the highest average cocaine levels. Salt Lake City had the lowest. Most of those analyzed from Washington had tiny amounts of cocaine.

Money can become contaminated with cocaine during drug deals, or when users snort the substance through rolled bills. It can then spread to other cash when banks process the money. Yuegang Zuo, a University of Massachusetts professor, led the study.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

pg
    my favourite food is witchetty grubs

Jul 2008
    hound dog
    3 times

Re: Cocaine might be in your wallet !

This simply reminds us all to wash our hands throughly after handling any money in the US.
    I say the US as Australia converted to plastic notes a decade ago.
    The cloth/paper cellulose based notes used in the US can retain residues of far more serious substances than
    drugs.
    I'm referring to chemical and bacteriological toxins , lethal viruses and parasites , that surround us everywhere.

Apart from getting rid of copper coins the US needs to convert its paper currency to plastic.

The US has so much to do to bring itself in line with developed Nations.
    I freed my mind when I left god behind

May 2005
    96 times

I read about a group of young people down in Texas, that were going to Vegas. Police pulled them over & had the drug dog. They were told drug dog could smell their money, so they had to "forfeit" it. So no vacation.

In another case, someone was charged with drug possession based on smell of their money & they were in a courtroom, about to be sentenced. But the defense lawyer asked the prosecutor, judge & jury to test their money & most of it tested positive, so case dismissed. Best wishes, George (MN)

us
    Aug 2005
    NH
    16 times

So, if I find a big bag of $$$ on the side of the road, I'll take it home...tie it up in a pillow case and throw it in the washer with a cup of Tide
    When you get into a tight place and everything goes against
    you till it seems you could not hold on a minute longer,
    never give up then for that is just the place and time that
    the tide will turn.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

us
    Dec 2007
    Georgia
    1265X and Tejon
    8 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by pigiron
    This simply reminds us all to wash our hands throughly after handling any money in the US.
    The cloth/paper cellulose based notes used in the US can retain residues of far more serious substances than
    drugs.
    I'm referring to chemical and bacteriological toxins , lethal viruses and parasites , that surround us everywhere.

Apart from getting rid of copper coins the US needs to convert its paper currency to plastic.

You might want to stay in Australia and not put yourself in harms way.
    Newt

us
    Apr 2007
    N.E. of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by George (MN)
    I read about a group of young people down in Texas, that were going to Vegas. Police pulled them over & had the drug dog. They were told drug dog could smell their money, so they had to "forfeit" it. So no vacation.

In another case, someone was charged with drug possession based on smell of their money & they were in a courtroom, about to be sentenced. But the defense lawyer asked the prosecutor, judge & jury to test their money & most of it tested positive, so case dismissed. Best wishes, George (MN)
    I'm calling B.S. on both of these stories.. Gpurs...

pg
    my favourite food is witchetty grubs

Jul 2008
    hound dog
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by mcgearhead
    Quote Originally Posted by pigiron
    drugs.

Uhm, we done that back in 1982.
    I know Georgia is a state of divine grace but I believe you still use the copper plated 1 cent coin called a penny.
    I mentioned this in connection with the general antiquated monetary system you still employ.
    I freed my mind when I left god behind

us
    Apr 2007
    N.E. of Atlanta

So,,, yes that would now be a zinc coin which is copper plated. Very much unlike the copper coin of the same name which was last minted in,,,,,,,1982 !! Gpurs...

us
    sirdigsthepennies

Apr 2008
    st. joseph missouri
    old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
    26 times

pig iron dont get me started on developed nations when everyone else gets thier a$$e$ IN sling they come running to us help us out usa help us out we do then they have some kind of complaint they way we get the job done or the way we do things in our little kneck of the ocean most of you call the colonies so all i have to say is love us or leave us dont come running to us for help the next time something goes wrong in your own country and you cant handle it .

stefen

I'm going to buy this tiny vacuum and then go to the bank and withdrawl thousands...

Think of the potential profits

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    185 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

I saw this article on cnn the other night .
    Really interesting !
    ALLEN

us
    My goal for 2012 is a dozen Walking Liberty Halves

Sep 2004
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
    57 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleen
    So, if I find a big bag of $$$ on the side of the road, I'll take it home...tie it up in a pillow case and throw it in the washer with a cup of Tide
    Yep...me too.. Just wash on gentle/delicate.
    I Dig Everything...Even Pull Tabs.

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Where good deeds are performed daily
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    8800 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Just checked....nope. No cocaine in my wallet. No money is why.
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?
    Democracy: The only system where
    two idiots can out-vote one genius

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links