Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WASHINGTON (AP) - Chances are there's cocaine in your wallet.
Researchers looked at 234 bank notes from the U.S. and found that 90 percent had small traces of the illegal drug.

Bills from larger cities, such as Baltimore, Boston and Detroit, were among those with the highest average cocaine levels. Salt Lake City had the lowest. Most of those analyzed from Washington had tiny amounts of cocaine.

Money can become contaminated with cocaine during drug deals, or when users snort the substance through rolled bills. It can then spread to other cash when banks process the money. Yuegang Zuo, a University of Massachusetts professor, led the study.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9A5EMPO0&show_article=1

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
This simply reminds us all to wash our hands throughly after handling any money in the US.
I say the US as Australia converted to plastic notes a decade ago.
The cloth/paper cellulose based notes used in the US can retain residues of far more serious substances than
drugs.
I'm referring to chemical and bacteriological toxins , lethal viruses and parasites , that surround us everywhere.

Apart from getting rid of copper coins the US needs to convert its paper currency to plastic.

The US has so much to do to bring itself in line with developed Nations.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I read about a group of young people down in Texas, that were going to Vegas. Police pulled them over & had the drug dog. They were told drug dog could smell their money, so they had to "forfeit" it. So no vacation.

In another case, someone was charged with drug possession based on smell of their money & they were in a courtroom, about to be sentenced. But the defense lawyer asked the prosecutor, judge & jury to test their money & most of it tested positive, so case dismissed. Best wishes, George (MN)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
So, if I find a big bag of $$$ on the side of the road, I'll take it home...tie it up in a pillow case and throw it in the washer with a cup of Tide :)

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
pigiron said:
This simply reminds us all to wash our hands throughly after handling any money in the US.
The cloth/paper cellulose based notes used in the US can retain residues of far more serious substances than
drugs.
I'm referring to chemical and bacteriological toxins , lethal viruses and parasites , that surround us everywhere.

Apart from getting rid of copper coins the US needs to convert its paper currency to plastic.

You might want to stay in Australia and not put yourself in harms way.
Newt

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
George (MN) said:
I read about a group of young people down in Texas, that were going to Vegas. Police pulled them over & had the drug dog. They were told drug dog could smell their money, so they had to "forfeit" it. So no vacation.

In another case, someone was charged with drug possession based on smell of their money & they were in a courtroom, about to be sentenced. But the defense lawyer asked the prosecutor, judge & jury to test their money & most of it tested positive, so case dismissed. Best wishes, George (MN)
I'm calling B.S. on both of these stories.. Gpurs...

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
mcgearhead said:
pigiron said:
drugs.

Uhm, we done that back in 1982.
I know Georgia is a state of divine grace but I believe you still use the copper plated 1 cent coin called a penny.
I mentioned this in connection with the general antiquated monetary system you still employ.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
So,,, yes that would now be a zinc coin which is copper plated. Very much unlike the copper coin of the same name which was last minted in,,,,,,,1982 :-\!! Gpurs...

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
pig iron dont get me started on developed nations when everyone else gets thier a$$e$ IN sling they come running to us help us out usa help us out we do then they have some kind of complaint they way we get the job done or the way we do things in our little kneck of the ocean most of you call the colonies so all i have to say is love us or leave us dont come running to us for help the next time something goes wrong in your own country and you cant handle it .

S

stefen

I'm going to buy this tiny vacuum and then go to the bank and withdrawl thousands...

Think of the potential profits :laughing7:

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Ashleen said:
So, if I find a big bag of $$$ on the side of the road, I'll take it home...tie it up in a pillow case and throw it in the washer with a cup of Tide :)

Yep...me too.. Just wash on gentle/delicate.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked....nope. No cocaine in my wallet. No money is why. ;D
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread