Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a nice coin ring made with a 1944 walking half dollar (my birthdate). I wore it everywhere and got many nice comments on it. One day about two weeks ago I noticed it wasn't on my hand! I always take it off to wash my hands in the bathroom and that's where I last remember having it off. I ran to the bathrooms and searched high and low. No Ring! Out of curiosity I laid another ring on the sink counter and swept it aside as one might do while toweling off. Clunk! Right in the waste basket! I just know I accidentally knocked it off into the waste basket and well, you know where it probably is now! That is very typical of my luck lately. Oh well, guess I will scrounge up another walking half and get another made. I'll be sure and put this one in my pocket when I take it off! Anyone got a nice 1944 walking you'd sell? Dang, now I feel almost as naked without my ring as I do when I park my .45 pistol. M :'( nty

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty,
Sorry to hear of your loss. I have a nice $5 1898 gold piece that I'm afraid to wear. It has a good bezel and jump rings but....
I just checked my inventory for a 1944 Walker. If I had one, I was going to just send it to you, but, alas, no 1944.
Hope you get a replacement soon. :thumbsup:
Scott

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He made my last ring for $35.00 and it was a Christmas gift from my wife. Dang, it didn't last long. Maybe in a hundred years or so when someone with a detector discovers the dump they will find it? Wish I could stick around to find out. Monty

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear about your ring Monty that sucks man I just looked threw my coins but no 44 sorry

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll check my halves this weekend Monty. If I got one, you can just have it. You might post your "want" in the "Coin Roll Hunting" forum. There are tons of them out there.

C

Cappy Z.

Maybe the dowsers can point you in the right direction....

:wink:

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
stefen said:
Monty,

I was thinking of having Coinring make me a ring but just havn't got around to it yet...need to size my finger...has some great stuff...

Check him out...very impressive...cost less than $40

Maybe if you have a 1944 half dollar he could make one in a week or so...he may need some lead time to look for a certain date...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,181241.msg1332506/boardseen.html#new

You can get a ring sizer off the net. Scissors are all you'll need other than some paper.
Newt

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty I am so sorry you lost that I know it meant alot to you! Check again under the hamper and behind the comode, or in the washer and laundry room on the way to the laundry room! :coffee2:

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the forum members found one for me and it is in the mail. Thanks Mac232! Monty

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're very welcome Monty , should be there Tue. or Wed. , let me know how you like it .

Mac

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stefen, I've offered to buy or trade for the coin and we ain't through yet. I have acquired several little things I needed for free from the good members here on Tnet, and I have given a few things away in return for folks here who need something I have. Just do unto others and everything works out even in the end.

rtde.3, I only have one CW bullett that I personally dug and I have it in a pill bottle put away in a safe place. But give me time, I'll forget where I put it in a couple of years like most things I lose. Somewhere in my house there are a thousand or more hose washers. Every time I need one I can't find them so I go and buy another dozen pack. Ditto ball point pens, my Honus Wagner baseball card, one gold ring I found and no telling what else. There has to be half a hundred pairs of sunglasses around here somewhere! That's just me! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread