Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I guess no one fish in Ohio or Michigan......Matt

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hardly get out fishing anymore and am thinking of selling my boat. There are still to many beaches I haven't detected. :laughing7:

S

stefen

I fished for (Pacific) King Salmon in the states of California and Washington and was suprised by the request, and had forgotten about the Great Lakes...

Apparently, the best salmon fishing in Ohio is on Lake Erie and on some of the tributaties feeding into the lake during the spawning season.

Would be interesting to fly fish the outfall tributaries.

If its anything like the western states like California, Oregon, Washington or Alaska, I keep an eye out for bears.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fish for em alot when I lived in Alaska an in Washington state but never when I lived in Ohio , I was to busy chasin Wally's an Pike

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006
I fish them in Western NY. Light line fished with a slinky sinker and a #12 hook baited with a small egg sac or a single egg. Cast upsream and across and let the bait drift down in front of the target. I probably manage to land 1 out of every 3 hook-ups, but it's a blast regardless.

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Go up to the Betsie River, northern lower MI. There are several public access site you can go to, all you need are waders, a good pole and some spawn sacks and hooks. Gaurantee fish. I usually go there every year in mid September. good time...If you can go mid week that is the best, less people.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I used to catch em in the fall in the St. Clair River. I don't live there anymore and I do miss that. I miss those walleyes too.

DM

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
Digginman said:
I used to catch em in the fall in the St. Clair River. I don't live there anymore and I do miss that. I miss those walleyes too.

DM
We all do, and we're still here.

S

stefen

mlayers,

Interested in a snipe hunt?

Very popular when I was younger.

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
I will be hitting the Pere Marquette in 2 weeks.
A bunch of retired and active firefighters get together to fish, eat and drink for 5 days.
Its a stress relief trip, if we catch a fish its a bonus.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use to fly fish for landlocked salmon on the east side of Cayuga Lake (in NY) and Chinook (King) salmon near Pulaski, NY as they headed upstream to spawn. All salmon are a handful on a fly rod but chinook salmon are like hooking a freight train. What a hoot!

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to Oscoda, MI on the 19 to try it on the pier. Hope I can get one or two....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions