He could have sat anywhere else in the restaurant, but he sat next to us.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
A friend of mine that shares the same affinity for this particular local pizza joint (Double-Daves pizza) agreed to meet me there at 5:00pm. We get there and there was no-one else in the whole place but us two. We get our food (from the buffet) and sit down across from each other, then another guy comes in and sits down right next to us in the both directly across the short divider between us. The place is a pretty big place, and now it's just the 3 of us in the entire place.

After he gets up my buddy says "This guy could have sat anywhere else in the entire place..."

"I KNOW !!!!", I said.

We ate our food and left.

//I know, useless, but I thought I would share.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Maybe you're making something out of nothing. :dontknow:

Did he hit on you? Maybe he's a spy. Have you done anything the CIA would be interested in?

Come on. Spill the beans. :D

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
That's the same guy who would stand next to you in the bathroom to take a whiz- 5 urinals with you on one end, and he picks the one right next to you.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
The other day I'm getting this hankerin' for this particular pizza joint (Double-Daves pizza) I've enjoyed many times before. I decided I'd get there a little after 5:00pm thinking there would be nobody there - and when I do finally arrive there are two guys there, the only two guys in the whole place, and where do you think they are sitting? They chose to sit right at my regular table! I got my food and sit down across from them. There is a short divider between us so I did'nt think it was a big deal. The place is a pretty big place, and now it's just the 3 of us in the entire place, and these guys treat me like I have the plague.

After I get up to leave I hear one of them say: "This guy could have sat anywhere else in the entire place..."

The other guy agree'd with his friend...

I think it's strange that were I sat made such an impact on them. The next time I'll go sit in the corner far away from other people. They'll probably blog about me now....

Those dudes were strange - I guess they had secrets to tell each other or something.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim I think you hit the nail on the head. So what? Monty

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Montana Jim said:
The other day I'm getting this hankerin' for this particular pizza joint (Double-Daves pizza) I've enjoyed many times before. I decided I'd get there a little after 5:00pm thinking there would be nobody there - and when I do finally arrive there are two guys there, the only two guys in the whole place, and where do you think they are sitting? They chose to sit right at my regular table! I got my food and sit down across from them. There is a short divider between us so I did'nt think it was a big deal. The place is a pretty big place, and now it's just the 3 of us in the entire place, and these guys treat me like I have the plague.

After I get up to leave I hear one of them say: "This guy could have sat anywhere else in the entire place..."

I think it's strange that were I sat made such an impact on them. The next time I'll go sit in the corner far away from other people. They'll probably blog about me now....

Those dudes were strange - I guess they had secrets to tell each other or something.
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Throw out that damned margarine and pass me the Real Butter.

Attachments

• Women in bonnets make the best butter..jpg
    Women in bonnets make the best butter..jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 307

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I was just trying to lighten the mood...

It is kinda strange that people crowd other people for no apparent reason, and it can be annoying too.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has happened to me too, more than once, only it was a pretty girl instead. I didn't mind though!:wink:
mikeofaustin said:
A friend of mine that shares the same affinity for this particular local pizza joint (Double-Daves pizza) agreed to meet me there at 5:00pm. We get there and there was no-one else in the whole place but us two. We get our food (from the buffet) and sit down across from each other, then another guy comes in and sits down right next to us in the both directly across the short divider between us. The place is a pretty big place, and now it's just the 3 of us in the entire place.

After he gets up my buddy says "This guy could have sat anywhere else in the entire place..."

"I KNOW !!!!", I said.

We ate our food and left.

//I know, useless, but I thought I would share.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe thats where his rice krispies told him to sit :tongue1: :tongue1: :tongue1: :tongue1:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe he felt neither of the three were Vegetarians and you all had something in common.

Nova Treasure

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Paranoia-big destroia! No, I would have wondered about it too. People do strange things. I think he was trying to bug you, just for fun. Anyway, it sounds like a sienfeld episode.

ng

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:

That was you??? SORRY :laughing9:

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Yes, very good jim... Very smart as usual. But, I have to say, this was a strange occrurance... otherwise I wouldn't mentioned it.

FUnny tought.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
texastee2007 said:
Montana Jim said:
I was just trying to lighten the mood...

It is kinda strange that people crowd other people for no apparent reason, and it can be annoying too.

have you ever been the only car in a large parking lot...just to come out and find a car parked next to you even though you parked away from the store? It can be a little unsettling.

Yes... I drive a corvette... and I'm fully aware of the stereo types that, that comes with, but sometimes, when I park my ride out a way out from the front door, just so it wont get door dinged... I'll come out to find a very nice 40 chevy PU parked right next to me. I don't mind a bit because I know that he's simply taking care of his ride just like I am....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread