How did this happen?

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very strange occurance last night. I'm awoken about 2:15AM by my answering machine recording a message. NO ONE calls me that late unless it's an emergency. I play back the message and it's my brother asking me if everything's ok. I call him back and say "What's up? I was sleeping." He tells me he just got two calls on his cell from my cell (my correct number was displayed on his phone). He tried calling my cell back but I didn't answer. Like I said I was pretty sound asleep. When that failed, he called my land line and got my machine.

I never called him. My phone was sitting in my work bag on a table and nothing was pressing on the keys to accidentally dial his number. I checked my "recent calls" list and I haven't called anyone since Aug. 30th. How did my phone call him?? :dontknow:

Weird occurance 2: After this, he tells me that earlier that evening a 9-1-1 operator called his cell asking if he had an emergency. He said no, and they told him a 9-1-1 call was placed from his cell. Trouble is, his phone was off and his keypad was diabled. :icon_scratch:

High strangeness in Sin City!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Number spoofing. Not entirely uncommon, and we're seeing more and more of it at the cell company I work for. From what we've been able to find, there are a number of web sites, and possibly downloads for the "smart phone" users, that allow you to place a call and have a number other than your's appear on the receiver's caller id. Not illegal at this point, but certainly should be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread