Favorite things about your town?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Great Falls, Montana

Piano Pat at the Sip-N-Dip Lounge (The mermaids swimming behind the bar are alright too)

GQ Magazine rated the bar the "Number 1 Bar on Earth - 2003"

:headbang:

[youtube=425,350]6RF4A9uHAs0[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]RRuuzsCByQM[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]eCYceeEKLEc[/youtube]

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
UncleVinnys said:
Wow, Cool! (in more ways than one)

Yeah, I heard of that place - it was on the national news
a while back. Gotta go visit. :thumbsup:

If you come to town I'll buy ya a drink there... but we can't talk politics.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Just a community here . Town is 6 miles and a world away .
When someone passes away even the undertaker is sad .
The only folks here that go to bed hungry do so by choice .
All the children are watched by the entire community .
Religious preference and political afiliations are not popular topics at social gatherings .
Nobody asks if you need something during a personal crisis ....... they are just there for you .......

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tornado

April 9th,2009 we suffered a EF-3 tornado that demolished the northern half of our small town.....not even 2 minutes after the storm roared over....all you could see was a sea of flashlights as neighbor checked on neighbor....we walked the entire area nearly checking on family and friends.....we suffered about 50 injured and 3 fatalities...Thank the Lord it wasnt more.....those of us that experienced it will never forget it....about 5 minutes after, the roar of chainsaws and equipment filled the night.....It has been six months since the tornado.....we have made remarkable progress.....we are still rebuilding homes and churches....but the town looks almost like it did 6 months ago...except for the older homes (90+ years old)and the large stately trees of the same age and older.......over 100 homes will be razed because of damage......we have a remarkable little town....low population(8000-8500), very,very low crime rate....small town police force and an A+++++ fire department......parades on Main street for several occasions....a small county fair and carnival.....beautiful mountains surrounding us on 3 sides and wonderful hard working fun loving Christian people...

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
ITs weird little quirks: We have an air conditioned, 24 hour Prayer TeePee in front of the Apache Reform Church. We have two big hundred year old buildings that house the municipal building and the town museum. Everyone is nice, but we have some eccentric people...my neighbor across the street has an attack rooster....

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Favorite thing about my town is you have to keep your car locked up everywhere you go.... To keep folks from puting home grown vegetables inside.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Love the towns mcgearhead & truckinbutch described. As long as there are good folks, mountains
& woods, we could be happy. This area used to be a fairly big city of working people with a small
town feel. Section 8 & welfare did far more damage than the loss of the major steel-making jobs.
Only my job keeps us here. Our place in the mountains only an hour away, not far from the
Maryland border helps keep my sanity. West Virginia is about equal distance. One day in the not
so distant future, I'll be back in the mountains of my fore-fathers. God willing.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Simple.

#1. Very Small 28 Homes left
#2. No Crime
#3. No Police