Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    10 times

Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

Anyone have a home brew for getting rid of mold on concrete. Bleach is not doing a very good job.

Any suggetions?

Thanks,

Ray S
    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1917 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

Bleach should do it. (do not dilute) Use either Regular Clorox or Ultra Clorox, full strength and leave it on 24 hrs.
    Do not use Clorox II, because there is no chlorine in it. Clorox Ultra germicidal would be the strongest mold killer of all.
    Wear a mask when using, to avoid breathing fumes.

Warning! do not add ammonia. It would cause a deadly chlorine gas that could kill or blind humans or pets.
    You probably already know this, but someone else reading may not. Several are killed each year from accidental exposure to the combination.

If the mold is inside your home, get a professional or it will likely keep coming back.

GG~
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    24 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodyGuy
    Just pour bleach on it.
    Agreed - will lots of elbow grease. Mix it with water though I would think... 1 to 5 maybe.

If it's an indoor problem you'll need to fix the humidity issues too, or and leaks, in an effort to stop the mold from returning.

Nov 2006
    1 times

For my driveway and pool deck, I use a pump sprayer to spray bleach on the mold/mildew, then take a pressure washer to it. Works for a year and longer. If your problem is indoors, better find out where the mold is getting the water it needs first....

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    Left coast of Florida
    GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / Garrett Pro-pointer
    2396 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    For my driveway and pool deck, I use a pump sprayer to spray bleach on the mold/mildew, then take a pressure washer to it. Works for a year and longer. If your problem is indoors, better find out where the mold is getting the water it needs first....
    This has worked for me as well. I let it sit overnight. You can tell which neighborhood cats have been there. They all have white feet.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Where good deeds are performed daily
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    1714 times

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    This has worked for me as well. I let it sit overnight. You can tell which neighborhood cats have been there. They all have white feet.

Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?
    Democracy: The only system where
    two idiots can out-vote one genius

us
    My goal for 2012 is a dozen Walking Liberty Halves

Sep 2004
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
    31 times

I would go with bleach too. I would dilute mine to about 1 to 5. In the hospitals we use 1 to 10 to kill the HIV virus. Hope it helps.
    I Dig Everything...Even Pull Tabs.

us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by GoodyGuy
    Bleach should do it. (do not dilute) Use either Regular Clorox or Ultra Clorox, full strength and leave it on 24 hrs.
    Do not use Clorox II, because there is no chlorine in it. Clorox Ultra germicidal would be the strongest mold killer of all.
    Wear a mask when using, to avoid breathing fumes.

Warning! do not add ammonia. It would cause a deadly chlorine gas that could kill or blind humans or pets.
    You probably already know this, but someone else reading may not. Several are killed each year from accidental exposure to the combination.

If the mold is inside your home, get a professional or it will likely keep coming back

GG~

Mold is on outside patio.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ray S
    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    1366 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Ray, I have the same problem...I pressure wash, there's a nozzle thingie that goes into a bleach bottle and it sucks up bleach with water in a soak mode. After so many minutes, I start the blasting off. The brick patio does the same, when it rains I just add bleach to the bricks and let the rain water do it's thing.

RR

Charter Member

Mar 2003
    Indiana
    All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
    13 times

Too bad the hospitals don't use what really works. Hydrogen Peroxide disinfects better than bleach and doesn't stink. siegfried schlagrule
    "We have done so much; for so many; for so long; with so little; that pretty soon we'll be able to do anything; with nothing at all."
    my unit motto - 138th Aviation Company -  224th Aviation Battalion - Phu Bai, I Corps, Republic of Vietnam - 1972
    Siegfried Schlagrule

us
    Apr 2009
    1 times

For heavy duty cleaning mix TSP (trisodium phosphate) with bleach. Google for it.

us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    10 times

I understand that pressure washing concrete causes small pits that collects water that helps mold to grow. I have never used a pressure washer.

I am going to research some products that are made to get rid of mold and mildew and see what kind of user reviews that get.

http://www.amazon.com/Forget-800003-.../dp/B001GTRBMO

One such item that the users are happy with. I am still searching other items. Thanks for your inputs.

Another product is called Spray and Forget cleaner. Has some good reviews.

Ray S
    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by jb7487
    For heavy duty cleaning mix TSP (trisodium phosphate) with bleach. Google for it.
    Just read an article yesterday from someone who used TSP with Bleach and they said it did a good job. Keeping that in mind. Thanks.

Ray S
    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

Cappy Z.

My coworkers breath in the morning.....

us
    Jan 2005
    Maine
    13 times

scrub it with 3/4 bleach and 1/4 water + a large dose of Joy dish soap, then rinse it clean. it will kill the growth, and will also remove it. (reverse the percentages of bleach and water, for a daily boat wash solution)

if it is a large area such as on a foundation, ( the 3/4 bleach solution, also works well for removing bottom growth from a freshly hauled out boat), use pump sprayer and soak it all down with the above solution, and let it set for a few min. (to allow the bleach to work), then pressure wash it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors