Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. #1
    us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    2,535
    10 times

    Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Anyone have a home brew for getting rid of mold on concrete. Bleach is not doing a very good job.

    Any suggetions?

    Thanks,

    Ray S
    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

  2. # ADS
    Ads

    TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

  3. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

    Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, L-rods
    4,416
    1409 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Bleach should do it. (do not dilute) Use either Regular Clorox or Ultra Clorox, full strength and leave it on 24 hrs.
    Do not use Clorox II, because there is no chlorine in it. Clorox Ultra germicidal would be the strongest mold killer of all.
    Wear a mask when using, to avoid breathing fumes.

    Warning! do not add ammonia. It would cause a deadly chlorine gas that could kill or blind humans or pets.
    You probably already know this, but someone else reading may not. Several are killed each year from accidental exposure to the combination.

    If the mold is inside your home, get a professional or it will likely keep coming back.


    GG~
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

  4. #3
    us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    11,698
    19 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodyGuy
    Just pour bleach on it.
    Agreed - will lots of elbow grease. Mix it with water though I would think... 1 to 5 maybe.

    If it's an indoor problem you'll need to fix the humidity issues too, or and leaks, in an effort to stop the mold from returning.

  5. #4

    Nov 2006
    601
    1 times

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    For my driveway and pool deck, I use a pump sprayer to spray bleach on the mold/mildew, then take a pressure washer to it. Works for a year and longer. If your problem is indoors, better find out where the mold is getting the water it needs first....

  6. #5
    Charter Member
    us
    Just another Guy In Back

    Feb 2007
    Left coast of Florida
    GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / Garrett Pro-pointer
    2,811
    1783 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    For my driveway and pool deck, I use a pump sprayer to spray bleach on the mold/mildew, then take a pressure washer to it. Works for a year and longer. If your problem is indoors, better find out where the mold is getting the water it needs first....
    This has worked for me as well. I let it sit overnight. You can tell which neighborhood cats have been there. They all have white feet.
    There is no right way to do something wrong.

  7. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

    Nov 2006
    Where good deeds are performed daily
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    5,600
    1388 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    For my driveway and pool deck, I use a pump sprayer to spray bleach on the mold/mildew, then take a pressure washer to it. Works for a year and longer. If your problem is indoors, better find out where the mold is getting the water it needs first....
    This has worked for me as well. I let it sit overnight. You can tell which neighborhood cats have been there. They all have white feet.

    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?
    Democracy: The only system where
    two idiots can out-vote one genius

  8. #7
    us
    My goal for 2012 is a dozen Walking Liberty Halves

    Sep 2004
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
    2,815
    32 times

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    I would go with bleach too. I would dilute mine to about 1 to 5. In the hospitals we use 1 to 10 to kill the HIV virus. Hope it helps.
    I Dig Everything...Even Pull Tabs.

  9. #8
    us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    2,535
    10 times

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodyGuy
    Bleach should do it. (do not dilute) Use either Regular Clorox or Ultra Clorox, full strength and leave it on 24 hrs.
    Do not use Clorox II, because there is no chlorine in it. Clorox Ultra germicidal would be the strongest mold killer of all.
    Wear a mask when using, to avoid breathing fumes.

    Warning! do not add ammonia. It would cause a deadly chlorine gas that could kill or blind humans or pets.
    You probably already know this, but someone else reading may not. Several are killed each year from accidental exposure to the combination.

    If the mold is inside your home, get a professional or it will likely keep coming back


    GG~

    Mold is on outside patio.

    Thanks for your suggestions.

    Ray S
    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

  10. #9
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    19,253
    1271 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Ray, I have the same problem...I pressure wash, there's a nozzle thingie that goes into a bleach bottle and it sucks up bleach with water in a soak mode. After so many minutes, I start the blasting off. The brick patio does the same, when it rains I just add bleach to the bricks and let the rain water do it's thing.

    RR





  11. #10
    Charter Member

    Mar 2003
    Indiana
    All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
    1,563
    9 times

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Too bad the hospitals don't use what really works. Hydrogen Peroxide disinfects better than bleach and doesn't stink. siegfried schlagrule
    "We have done so much; for so many; for so long; with so little; that pretty soon we'll be able to do anything; with nothing at all."
    my unit motto - 138th Aviation Company -  224th Aviation Battalion - Phu Bai, I Corps, Republic of Vietnam - 1972
    Siegfried Schlagrule

  12. #11
    us
    Apr 2009
    354

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    For heavy duty cleaning mix TSP (trisodium phosphate) with bleach. Google for it.

  13. #12
    us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    2,535
    10 times

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    I understand that pressure washing concrete causes small pits that collects water that helps mold to grow. I have never used a pressure washer.

    I am going to research some products that are made to get rid of mold and mildew and see what kind of user reviews that get.

    http://www.amazon.com/Forget-800003-.../dp/B001GTRBMO

    One such item that the users are happy with. I am still searching other items. Thanks for your inputs.

    Another product is called Spray and Forget cleaner. Has some good reviews.

    Ray S
    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

  14. #13
    us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    2,535
    10 times

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by jb7487
    For heavy duty cleaning mix TSP (trisodium phosphate) with bleach. Google for it.
    Just read an article yesterday from someone who used TSP with Bleach and they said it did a good job. Keeping that in mind. Thanks.

    Ray S
    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

  15. #14
    Cappy Z.

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete



    My coworkers breath in the morning.....

  16. #15
    us
    Jan 2005
    Maine
    401
    12 times

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    scrub it with 3/4 bleach and 1/4 water + a large dose of Joy dish soap, then rinse it clean. it will kill the growth, and will also remove it. (reverse the percentages of bleach and water, for a daily boat wash solution)

    if it is a large area such as on a foundation, ( the 3/4 bleach solution, also works well for removing bottom growth from a freshly hauled out boat), use pump sprayer and soak it all down with the above solution, and let it set for a few min. (to allow the bleach to work), then pressure wash it.

  17. #16
    us
    Dec 2007
    Georgia
    1265X and Tejon
    1,221
    4 times
    Banner Finds (2)

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Are you sure it's not sulphur? I noticed you were in central Florida. I had a similar problem there.
    It was a stain not mold.
    Newt

  18. #17
    us
    Jun 2007
    Cleveland, TN
    BH Landstar
    302

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Go get you some of the swimming pool chemical "Sock-It". Wet down the patio really well and sprinkle the Sock-It over the entire area. Let it set overnight if possible, then rinse with water.

    It may take a couple packs of Sock-It if you have a large patio.



    Protecting the Family

  19. #18
    us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    2,535
    10 times

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by Newt
    Are you sure it's not sulphur? I noticed you were in central Florida. I had a similar problem there.
    It was a stain not mold.
    Newt
    It is black mold.

    Still working on it.

    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

  20. #19
    us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    2,535
    10 times

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat
    Ray, I have the same problem...I pressure wash, there's a nozzle thingie that goes into a bleach bottle and it sucks up bleach with water in a soak mode. After so many minutes, I start the blasting off. The brick patio does the same, when it rains I just add bleach to the bricks and let the rain water do it's thing.

    RR
    RR,

    The patio is made of concrete paver stones. It has been in place for a couple of years. This is the worst I have had the mold problem, so far. Normally it is worst in summer due to all the rain. My wife has been hitting it with bleach but it was a losing battle so I decided to ask if anyone had any suggestions.

    I will probalby use the bleach and TSP mix as a maintenance treatment after I get it clean and sealed. I understand Quickcrete has a good sealer. Looking into that too.

    Thanks for your input.

    Ray S
    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

  21. #20
    us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    2,535
    10 times

    Re: Anyone have a home remedy for killing mold on concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by jb7487
    For heavy duty cleaning mix TSP (trisodium phosphate) with bleach. Google for it.
    I will be adding this to my mold arsenal. Thanks.

    Ray S
    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

best pressure washer for concrete mold
,
black mold on concrete driveway
,
home remedy for mildew on brick and concrete
,

how to kill mold on concrete

,
kill black mold on sidewalk
,
killing mold on concrete
,
mould on concrete
,
remove black mold concrete
,
rid mold and mildew on concret
,
what kills mold on concrete
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3