are there any... mountain men, minutemen, pirate, or colonial re-enactors here ?

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
Hi All,
i was wondering if there are any... mountain men, minutemen, pirate, or colonial re-enactors, on here ?

if so does anyone know where i might find any affordable associated gear for these types of rolls, or character types. things such as... boots, weapons, buckskin gear, buckle shoes, uniforms or other outfits and associated gear.

they are mostly for a halloween theme party, " Let freedom ring " ( in the ears of our oppresors :wink: )

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure where you would go for those items, but I can bet where ever it is, it will be costly :D

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
do a google search for reenactor supplies and see what you come up with.
I've seen catalogs for colonial stuff in the long ago. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
you are both right, they are expensive ( the few co's. i've found online ), and i think "Dixie gun works" was the best overall catalog that i saw for some types of re-enactors. still pricey though.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
I am a Civil War renactor and most of my good finds gear wise I found on ebay. Good luck :icon_thumright:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mountion men often wore indain buckskin type items --- try "crazy crow" online

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
I found a nice vest, pants, and Jacket for $129 on ebay by searching "colonial uniform". Search for a tricorner hat and a pair of boots or shoes and you have your costume for less than 200.(less the powdered wig). I did not search for moutain men, but a lot of folks do those renactments so the items should be plentiful. Again, good luck.

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
The two best have already been mentioned, Dixie Gun Works and Crazy Crow, may be pricey but the closest to authentic.

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
I used to do the S.C.A.I was a Mongle,we made all of our stuff,but that was tunics and such.Even picked up some of the lingo...GOOD TIMES,GOOD TIMES.!

OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
Hi,
i am sorry i didn't get back sooner, i've been having computer problems and i can't get my email for the notifications.

the party was sort of called off, for several diff. reasons. i won't bother going into details, i think a few may just wind up bar hopping (with or without the costumes), but i'm not much of a drinker anymore, so i may just back out.

i still would like some info on any of the outfit suppliers, especially the mountain man / buckskinners gear, or coloinial / minuteman outfits, so if you hear of any let me know.

as far as a tricorn or tri-cornered hat goes... most all of the ones i've seen have such exagerated shapes and features that they look rediculous, and they are... to put it bluntly crap. i have an old leather, flat topped hillbilly hat, that looks sort of like the jed clampet hat (minus the rips and tears ), that i was going to tack up for use as a more accurate looking tricorn.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few places in Pennsylvania that sells "authentic reproductions" - and some of the real things. There is also a place that rents the real things (except firearms) for enactors. Of course, it depends on the side you want to take, rank, etc.

My brother-in-law does it (he is a confederate-side re-enactor), so, let me see if I can get a couple of names.

Where do you do your enacting? Every year, around Lancaster Pa, there is a big - huge - war-game and re-enactors meeting - its lasts about a week, and there are hundreds of vendors and activities, including some re-enactions among those present, several times during the week. We've gone a few times, but my brother-in-law goes every year for the entire week, and makes many contacts for getting those sort of items. It's near some amusement park, the roller coaster towers over the building, and there is camping, etc.

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread