National Parks Off limits!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not good news. >:(

I am outraged, saddened, mystified, flummoxed, and a whole lot of other emotions that I cant even list.

As you'll read below, the American people will still be expected to pay for the up-keep and maintenance of those PUBLIC LANDS through taxes but as they put it: no human activity will be permitted in these areas!

That means, NO.....hiking, camping, driving, horseback riding, rock collecting, prospecting, metal detecting, site seeing, arrowhead collecting, and more."

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15179

GG~

*Note this was proposed 10 years ago and is still on the table.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
This IS an outrage!!

What gall!

Watching our rights being taken away and we still foot the bill. What a slick move. Time to contact my representative.

Thanks for sharing this info.

Ray S

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
The good thing is that Congress is dragging their feet to comply with this. Instead of dragging their feet, someone in Congress should tell the UN to keep out of our business. Since when does national parks fall under UN jurisdiction. Don't let the white house find out about this or they will have it passed with in the week.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Sooooo...this happened roughly ten years ago?

I just discovered that point. So not sure if this is still current or not.
(Just received by e-mail)

Here is another link. (10 years old as well)

http://www.nationalcenter.org/PRLandSov299.html

I am still upset about its even being seriously considered though, 10 years ago notwithstanding. :tongue3:

GG~

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
GoodyGuy said:
SWR said:
Sooooo...this happened roughly ten years ago?

I just discovered that point. So not sure if this is still current or not.
(Just received by e-mail)

Here is another link.

http://www.nationalcenter.org/PRLandSov299.html

GG~

I dunno... businesses are alive and well in the "buffer zones".

Also, Yellowstone was designated an International Biosphere Reserve on 26 Oct 1976 and a World Heritage Site since 8 Sep 1978.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
I dunno... businesses are alive and well in the "buffer zones".

Also, Yellowstone was designated an International Biosphere Reserve on 26 Oct 1976 and a World Heritage Site since 8 Sep 1978.

The UN designations have frequently been used to impose new regulations on public lands - regulations formulated by international bureaucrats who are not accountable to the American public.

There are currently 20 World Heritage Sites and 47 Biosphere Reserves comprising more than 51 million acres on U.S. territory, including 68% of all U.S. National Parks, monuments and preserves. Many more World Heritage Sites are contemplated in the U.S.

This used to be our land. How could this happen? I had no idea we were being sold out like that. What did this country have to gain from it?

So 51 million acres of United States Land is already deemed off-limits for our use by the UN and even more is being considered! >:(

GG~

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Ray S ECenFL said:
This IS an outrage!!

What gall!

Watching our rights being taken away and we still foot the bill. What a slick move. Time to contact my representative.

Thanks for sharing this info.

Ray S
Your rep will listen to you and tell you that this bill has already been enacted and he will be glad to pass another one just like it. That's what happened in my district and people still re-elected him.

I tell people that vote for these people to serve them, too also watch what you ask for. You just may get it(in the end).

C

Cappy Z.

All National Parks are off limits to MDers.

A few years ago I was MDing on a stretch of beach near St. Augustine. Once off the beach ramp onto the sand..if you turned left (N) it was considered state property and one could MD. If you turned left (S) it was Federal Property. The old goat manning the ticket booth reported me to the local sheriff who came walking on the sand and informed me.."I didn't see you MDing..so I won't fine you, take your MD, and/or put you in jail". Gee thanks officer. I know with all the crime here in Florida, bank robberies, rapes, crack city USA, and murders...you have prioritized your work day. I'll be sure to tell all my friends who vacation here how you cops are watching out for us....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread