So, she got a flu shot... now shes sick!!!

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
So, she got a flu shot... now she's sick!!!

My GF works with 6 grade special ed. She got a shot last Monday and has been getting progressively worse. Today (a week later) she's kept a 100 degree temp for the last few days. I told her not to go in to work... but she did anyway. (she's not going in tomorrow due to my griping).

Now, I'm afraid to kiss her. Has anyone else had this experience with getting a flu shot and getting the full on flu???

(I once thought that I would be protected from any H1N1 flu because I work from home... but now she's potentiall bring it home to ME)!!!

//a little worried because I have no insurance.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: So, she got a flu shot... now she's sick!!!

ok first.. you have way to much trouble with the opposite sex! its crazy!
like... what if she gets swin flu then WONT LEAVE YOU ALONE!?? LOLOLOL
sorry...not funny? to soon? ok!

if you get H1N1... its not like the normal flu.... its a lung thing..
does she have trouble breathing? if she cant breath you better tell
her to hit the road... unless she gets a test at the hospital, which only
if it comes back positive for the flu will they pass it on to the CDC
to find out if its H1N1.
:laughing7: and if you have kissed her in like the last ten days... you already have the
germs.. go take a clorox bath!

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett

You are not being sympathetic.Having trouble with the opposite sex is better than no sex at all. hehehe

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lonesomebob said:
You are not being sympathetic.Having trouble with the opposite sex is better than no sex at all. hehehe

ok bob!!! im just telling it like it is!!
and yeah being DF09 is hard to beat!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

mikeofaustin said:
Now, I'm afraid to kiss her. Has anyone else had this experience

Nope, and I doubt you will find any old geezers on this site that are afraid to kiss her either.

Seriously though, I hope she gets to feeling better.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro

mikeofaustin said:
(I once thought that I would be protected from any H1N1 flu because I work from home... but now she's potentiall bring it home to ME)!!!

I was under the impression that the H1N1 shot didn't come out till October. So it might just be regular seasonal flu. Still no fun.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That pig flu vaccine was rushed out too damned fast. There's been no testing period to amount to anything. As far as they know, the side affects could be worse than the flu itself.

As for the sick girlfriend, she's most contagious when she had the fever temps. You can kiss her; just don't SHAKE HANDS with her. ;D Sorry, couldn't resist.
I hope she's feeling a lot better now and is able to laugh with the jokes. I had thought the public schools had the rule that if a teacher or student feels sick, especially with a fever, they are supposed to stay home. :dontknow:

I stopped taking the Flu shots years ago. It got to the point that everytime I took the shot, I got the flu. So I figured that if I was going to get the flu, I damned sure wasn't going to VOLUNTEER for it. ;D

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

K*E*L*L*Y said:

O.k. you follow me a little bit too closely (but if makes me feel good that someone takes an interest in my everyday's). LOL

[yes, it was a seasonal shot]

She got a fever over the weekend, went in on Monday with it, and stayed home Tuesday. Then went to the doc's on tuesday and he told her that he thinks it 'might be' h1n1. So, great... it's just a matter of time before I get it. They sent off for tests, and we'll know something soon.

And yes, the schools say if you have a fever, you stay home. Period.

...and you know what's crazy? My dumb reasoning today was, "we'll you better drink tonight, because you won't get a chance to when you get sick".

BTW, if you google, "h1n1 map". You can find a map of confirmed cases in you area. And you know what? I was downright stickin' by how many people had it in my town (austin, tx). Probably over 500.

I did give her the little speech today about we shouldn't kiss. she seemed okay about it, and I held back my rant about how she's been kissing me for a whole week while she felt bad.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mikeofaustin said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

O.k. you follow me a little bit too closely (but if makes me feel good that someone takes an interest in my everyday's). LOL

[yes, it was a seasonal shot]

She got a fever over the weekend, went in on Monday with it, and stayed home Tuesday. Then went to the doc's on tuesday and he told her that he thinks it 'might be' h1n1. So, great... it's just a matter of time before I get it. They sent off for tests, and we'll know something soon.

And yes, the schools say if you have a fever, you stay home. Period.

...and you know what's crazy? My dumb reasoning today was, "we'll you better drink tonight, because you won't get a chance to when you get sick".

BTW, if you google, "h1n1 map". You can find a map of confirmed cases in you area. And you know what? I was downright stickin' by how many people had it in my town (austin, tx). Probably over 500.

I did give her the little speech today about we shouldn't kiss. she seemed okay about it, and I held back my rant about how she's been kissing me for a whole week while she felt bad.

well you did post a topic about how the last girl wouldnt leave you alone!!!
so i was just pointing that out! :laughing7: :laughing7:

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Yes... , Yes I did. And someday, I hope and pray to understand why I have to deal with the crazyness of this 'women' curse that I seem to have.
So far, it hasnt' required professional help... :) Just the people of Tnet.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mikeofaustin said:

Yes... , Yes I did. And someday, I hope and pray to understand why I have to deal with the crazyness of this 'women' curse that I seem to have.

hey mike the funniest part about THIS whole topics is.....(and none of the men here figured this out!)
you just FAILED a HUGE test! yes... chicks test you guys on EVERYTHING... so by not wanting
to kiss or whatever... you failed the "old age test". see... when you said that maybe you shouldnt kiss..
this is what she heard... "wow when im 80 and i cant wipe my own @ss... hes not going to take care of me"
its true! this is what we do... its a constant test to see how well you would be long term...
sorry!

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

hey mike the funniest part about THIS whole topics is.....(and none of the men here figured this out!)
you just FAILED a HUGE test! yes... chicks test you guys on EVERYTHING... so by not wanting
to kiss or whatever... you failed the "old age test". see... when you said that maybe you shouldnt kiss..
this is what she heard... "wow when im 80 and i cant wipe my own @ss... hes not going to take care of me"
its true! this is what we do... its a constant test to see how well you would be long term...
sorry!

To be fare, I'll admit I'm somewhat of an idiot... I do so much better in person than a forum where people don't see each other...

I wish I knew the intricacy of life, but I dont... but... as it turned out, she didn't have the pig flu, just a cough associated with the injection. (thank god).

and thank god for the kids too,!!!!!!

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

K*E*L*L*Y said:
mikeofaustin said:

sorry!
Your spot on Kelly;my wife and I are always telling each other to put our teeth back in.

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No you can't catch the flu from a flu shot.

If you have a high temperature and it seems to be a respiratory(chest) infection you need to be tested.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mikeofaustin said:
sorry!

To be fare, I'll admit I'm somewhat of an idiot... I do so much better in person than a forum where people don't see each other...

I wish I knew the intricacy of life, but I dont... but... as it turned out, she didn't have the pig flu, just a cough associated with the injection. (thank god).

yeah!

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

K*E*L*L*Y said:
mikeofaustin said:
sorry!

yeah!

I'd kiss you though... No, seriously, she got well, and I never got anything from it. it was a week of torment for her, right after the flu shot. I've heard of people getting the flu from the flu shot, so, I guess that's why I never get that shot. However, I always get cedar fever (texas crap).

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

[/quote]

I'd kiss you though... No, seriously, she got well, and I never got anything from it. it was a week of torment for her, right after the flu shot. I've heard of people getting the flu from the flu shot, so, I guess that's why I never get that shot. However, I always get cedar fever (texas crap).
[/quote]

i might pass.
:-* :-* :-*

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

[/quote]

i might pass.
:-* :-* :-*

[/quote]

Why, I clean up well after a shower, lol

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

You cannot get sick from the flu shot. Period. Unless you have an allergy to the egg protien, there is nothing in there that can actually make you ill. However, if you believe you will get sick, then you will. Funny thing, the psyche.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Libralabsoldier said:
You cannot get sick from the flu shot. Period. Unless you have an allergy to the egg protien, there is nothing in there that can actually make you ill. However, if you believe you will get sick, then you will. Funny thing, the psyche.

As a person that doesn't know the science of making a 'vaccine' I won't 'egg' up and give my 2 cents... but I will tell you that I've heard many times, that people have gotten a flu shot and have gotten the full on flu. I guess that's why I have never gotten the shot.

From what I do know, the vaccine is the virrus but it's a much weaker version, so your immune system can easily build the antibodies to kill it. but it does make since that if you have a week system, even a week virus can wreak havoc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread