For Spartacus53, and truckinbutch " Succsess "!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
For Spartacus53, and truckinbutch " Succsess "!

Well you guys asked for it, and here it is. We loaded 3/4's of a aluminum screw cap of 4F black powder into the barrel, a piece of paper towel for a wad tamped down well, 25 Daisy BB's, and another Paper towel wad. Set the cannon up 20ft. from 3/8th" piece of plywood, used 4 inches of green fuze, started camera, then lit fuze and run like the bejabbers. Follow my youtube link here and you'll get a " Bang " out of my one dollar cannon. 5 BB's went clear through, and the rest stuck half way.......NGE

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: For Spartacus53, and truckinbutch " Succsess "!

:laughing9: That is the funniest video ever :laughing9: I told you it was worth $1.00, but did it survive?

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Most definately! And we fired it 10 more times, with bigger charges. I have to buy some 3/8 balls. We found that the little hole in the back keeps ya from shredding the barrel ;D :icon_thumleft:

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202

Where can I find one of those? I looked briefly on Ebay but I don't know what ones can actually be shot. I remember when I was a kid, my grandfather had one of these cannons on his desk in the den. Us kids used to play with it when we went over there. We used to use it when we played army men. Do they still have those little green army men? He used to shoot it on July 4th. This would be really neat if I could find one of these and carry on the tradition. Any help for me?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

SteveDodds said:
Where can I find one of those? I looked briefly on Ebay but I don't know what ones can actually be shot. I remember when I was a kid, my grandfather had one of these cannons on his desk in the den. Us kids used to play with it when we went over there. We used to use it when we played army men. Do they still have those little green army men? He used to shoot it on July 4th. This would be really neat if I could find one of these and carry on the tradition. Any help for me?
Dixie Gun Works

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

nowgittineverything said:
Most definately! And we fired it 10 more times, with bigger charges. I have to buy some 3/8 balls. We found that the little hole in the back keeps ya from shredding the barrel ;D :icon_thumleft:
I was taught that you fire a black powder arm over clean snow to find the maximum effective
charge . Only so much powder will burn in so much barrel . When you see black specs on the snow you know you are wasting powder .
Watching the recoil , Scale that up in your mind and imagine what gun crews suffered under battlefield conditions using pike poles behind the wheels to keep their guns trained during a battle .

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

That looked like fun, i want one ;D

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Truckinbutch, I have some large springs. I may put a stake in the ground and attach the S-hook on the bottom front carriage and see if that helps.........NGE

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

nowgittineverything said:
Truckinbutch, I have some large springs. I may put a stake in the ground and attach the S-hook on the bottom front carriage and see if that helps.........NGE
:icon_thumright:

S

stefen

Sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttt man

Dats nuttin son.

Try makin a shoulder mounted bazooka using M-80s and a galvanized iron pipe...and pray it do'nt wrap around your neck :laughing7:

Brother and I did and shot up the barn planking

Couldn' sit for a month

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Must have flipped one of those boards around, and ya couldn't get away fast enough ;D.........NGE

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Here is another shot for you cannon lovers. This is from 20 feet away from a 3/8th.'s inch piece of plywood. same measure of powder, only this time we put a 3/8th.'s bolt in for a projectile. Worked really good, we heard the bolt hit his metal shed about 100 yards down range, after going through the plywood ;D..............NGE The phone that my friend is talking about is a wall phone in his barn that is about 100 feet away from cannon, it knocked the handpiece of the hook :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread