So I took a shower tonight..... after 5 days...

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Probably with the amount of red meat, meat slurry products and overly processed foods, one needs to
wash off the crud oozing out of those enlarged skin pores.
Just like having to brush two minutes three times a day, floss daily and often shower twice daily is needed to remove the stink of road grime, cigarettes , stale cooking oils and fats, you name it.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not believe that most people in the US take showers everyday. Look at the water available out in Tucson, AZ. Look at the government not allowing us run off rain from our roofs. WATER, is apart of life. And we need to learn how to conserve it. And it is not good for our skin to take so many baths or showers. And , yes, a little bit of water washes your hands and other parts of our bodies that do need washing.
Mrs. Mojjax *(working on getting get my own space on this site)

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
mojjax said:
I do not believe that most people in the US take showers everyday. Look at the water available out in Tucson, AZ. Look at the government not allowing us run off rain from our roofs. WATER, is apart of life. And we need to learn how to conserve it. And it is not good for our skin to take so many baths or showers. And , yes, a little bit of water washes your hands and other parts of our bodies that do need washing.
Mrs. Mojjax *(working on getting get my own space on this site)
Right on Mrs Mojjax. Where I come from we need to be frugal with water as well.
The infrequent showers that I do have are not wasted as buckets in the shower cubicle fill up for use in the garden
and toilet.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone I personally know takes a daily bath. I have friends living in Az, stayed with them last year fior 10 days, and they like me were taking 1 and some times 2 showers a day. I am 61, I have been taking daily baths since I was but a kid, I remember my mom forcing me to take a bath daily, "but mom, I took a bath yesterday", "yes and you will take one today, and one tomorrow too"...

I do not find someone with bo, or who doesn't bathe appealing. I am married to a very sexy and beautiful Oriental woman 20 years younger then I, even as beautiful and as sexy as she is, I could not be married to someone who didn't take a daily bath or shower, no matter how sexy they look....

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
I shower or bathe at least once a day. Sue me! :dontknow: :dontknow: I think it is weird not to try and bathe if you can. Of course this is just a opinion, and opinions are like rears, everyones got one.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Treasure_Hunter said:
Everyone I personally know takes a daily bath. I have friends living in Az, stayed with them last year fior 10 days, and they like me were taking 1 and some times 2 showers a day. I am 61, I have been taking daily baths since I was but a kid, I remember my mom forcing me to take a bath daily, "but mom, I took a bath yesterday", "yes and you will take one today, and one tomorrow too"...

I do not find someone with bo, or who doesn't bathe appealing. I am married to a very sexy and beautiful Oriental woman 20 years younger then I, even as beautiful and as sexy as she is, I could not be married to someone who didn't take a daily bath or shower, no matter how sexy they look....
This is a most interesting and classical example of how ones behaviour is conditioned by ones upbringing.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
For me, the shower in the morning was to 'wake me up'. it started my day. When I left the shower, I was fully awake, but when I walked in, I was dead asleep. it was a ritual. Now, not so much. Just when I sit in my chair on my computer and beggin to smell my own filth do I remember that I haven't showered. ...and believe me, the significant other notices before me.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Eu_citzen said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
A hot or cold bath or shower is a great way to relax and release stress, it has a calming effect. Bathing in warm water is also used to alleviate the ill effects of arthritis, sports injuries or other skeletal problems.

Our bodies become loaded down with toxins from the work we do, the products we use, the foods we eat that have been sprayed with pesticides, and the water we drink that contains chlorine and fluoride.
:oworst for not bathing and no deodorant........

EU, the links you posted are not about not taking a daily bath, they are about the over use of anti bacterial products and harsh soaps which is very true.......

Hmm, reading through it properly I have to agree. Not about bathing to often.

Mrs. Mojjax,
I agree 100%.
You know what it cool?
Just back around 100 years average bathing was once a month! :o
The old standard (which I grew up with) is once, twice a week. With exceptions.

Jimmy(PA) said:
EWWWWW twice a week? I normally do twice a day, but always at least once and I wear deoderant and cologne. Ive never had any issues and I smell good. Girls here like a nice smelling guy. =D I couldnt imagine missing a day let alone a few :o
Ah Jimmy, Howdy old man! :D

I can tell you where I live now it is NORMAL to smell like smoke from a open fire, maybe a bit sweat and so on! But none the less the village has 100 inhabitants.
If i lived and the city and would activliy hit the streets for pubs or similar; I'd do the same.
In the country side the mentality is completely different. ;D

Remember just over a hundred years or so ago they use to believe in bleeding patients when they were sick too.............

Yes I remember. Funny isn't it? :D
pigiron said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

This is a most interesting and classical example of how ones behaviour is conditioned by ones upbringing.
LOL. Actually that is true. :D

Mike,
For me a shower is the opposite; a way to end a day before relaxing! :)
Or just to chill out before heading for the pub.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
I wouldnt say only womanizers shower daily and wear cologne. I think its a sign of respect for others just as the way one dresses. Of course many of these courtesies have been lost over the years. Look at any old photo and unless its a labor pic you will see almost every man in a suit and hat. Would you want to deal with a doctor, banker, or lawyer who showed up dirty in shorts and a baseball hat? Its the same reason we get dressed up for weddings and parties it shows the people you have enough respect for them to take the time to wash and dress properly.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Jimmy(PA) said:
I wouldnt say only womanizers shower daily and wear cologne. I think its a sign of respect for others just as the way one dresses. Of course many of these courtesies have been lost over the years. Look at any old photo and unless its a labor pic you will see almost every man in a suit and hat. Would you want to deal with a doctor, banker, or lawyer who showed up dirty in shorts and a baseball hat? Its the same reason we get dressed up for weddings and parties it shows the people you have enough respect for them to take the time to wash and dress properly.

Well, I promise you that if I ever got a job, I would shower ever day, but since I've been out of work, it's a different story. (I dont' notice my 'stink' until a few days).

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Mike, I have two wishes for ya!! You seem to want to be at a nine to fiver most of all so the first wish is that you find a good job soon. The second is that your business takes off like a rocket ship and you have to hire employees! I take a shower every day. That's just me. Heck, I have been if the field for 15 days or better without a shower, and that sucks. If you on the other hand don't want to take one for a month, as long as you don't get a bacteriological infection I don't mind. Besides, I can't smell ya through the computer!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding? Its hunting season and I can not even eat anything with garlic. Laundry has to be done scent free ,scent free soap and deoderant. Everything has to be squeaky clean. Lots of showers = many deer in freezer. This is weird. Yeah shower is a good thing.
:hello:
TnMtns

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
21stTNCav said:
Mike, I have two wishes for ya!! You seem to want to be at a nine to fiver most of all so the first wish is that you find a good job soon. The second is that your business takes off like a rocket ship and you have to hire employees! I take a shower every day. That's just me. Heck, I have been if the field for 15 days or better without a shower, and that sucks. If you on the other hand don't want to take one for a month, as long as you don't get a bacteriological infection I don't mind. Besides, I can't smell ya through the computer!!

Thank you sir, you are one of the good ones.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The soaps and shampoos have urea in it ( cow pee )

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mojjax said:
The soaps and shampoos have urea in it ( cow pee )

Cow pee may contain urea as does most any pee, but the urea used in commercial products is synthecized.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Seamuss said:
If you want to be considered wild life, have at it. Even wild animals will wallow in water and clean themselves.

It's OK to act really wild and bath daily.

Just splitting hairs here Semuss, but their are two approaches to masking your scent in hunting. A) No scent. Devoid of such so that you cannot be smelled by the prey. B) Covered scent. Masking your scent by a covering scent that the prey does not see as threatening. Humans usually do both. Wolfs, Coyotes, and your domesticated Dog cover by wallow in feces, rotting food, dead animals by instinct . Although many wild animals wallow in water to clean, they also wallow in other stuff not nearly as nice!! Heck, according to my better half all guys are dogs anyway!!

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
21stTNCav said:
Seamuss said:
If you want to be considered wild life, have at it. Even wild animals will wallow in water and clean themselves.

It's OK to act really wild and bath daily.

Just splitting hairs here Semuss, but their are two approaches to masking your scent in hunting. A) No scent. Devoid of such so that you cannot be smelled by the prey. B) Covered scent. Masking your scent by a covering scent that the prey does not see as threatening. Humans usually do both. Wolfs, Coyotes, and your domesticated Dog cover by wallow in feces, rotting food, dead animals by instinct . Although many wild animals wallow in water to clean, they also wallow in other stuff not nearly as nice!! Heck, according to my better half all guys are dogs anyway!!

your better half is telling the truth! lol sorry.... but yall know its true

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread