It was an inside job - girl at Radio Shack.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I met a client today at the same spot, just outside radio shack. Finished, then went inside to look around for stuff I might need. I bought the 22 gauge stranded (wish they had 24 or 26), but the girl at the counter was absolutely hot, even with her 'lip ring'. I limited my flirting, and just bought my 22 gauge stranded and left. Then outside I see this beat up car with bumper stickers all over saying it was an inside job, and 'info wars dot net' (nut case). I felt bad, because if I had of actually got a date with her, I would have needed to fake my beliefs with her, just to get the battery.... ;)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Client".........."batteries"......... :icon_scratch: Ahhhhhh, what kinda business do you run? Maybe one of those Acorn subsidized ones that's been in the news lately. :laughing9:

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Shortstack said:
"Client".........."batteries"......... :icon_scratch: Ahhhhhh, what kinda business do you run? Maybe one of those Acorn subsidized ones that's been in the news lately. :laughing9:

Yes, we'll actually, I thought that if I were to stay for an extra half hour and eventually got her number, I would walk outside and see this crap on her car...then I would probably have to fake it, or just leave the female dog alone. ... I'm glad I took the choice.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
...Or, just let people think what they want and let bygones be bygones... and eat the best side of the t-bone.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
...Or, just let people think what they want and let bygones be bygones... and eat the best side of the t-bone.

Heh, Heh, Heh. Man after my own heart...........or stomach.............or........... ;D

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lip ring, eh?
I guess that's supposed to be like lures to attract the opposite sex nowadays. ::)
Sheesh. Guess that it is an appropriate supposition when the kids look like they fell face first into a tackle box and ended up with a face full of fishing lures.
Scott

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on how much wire you need, you may look at getting 24 gauge speaker wire and splitting it. I get the 100' 24 gauge stranded speaker wire at Home Depot for about $7. After you split it down the middle (which can be a little tricky until you have a system down) you get two 100' lengths. Walmart has it too but in a 75' length. From what I remember Home Depot's price is better though.

Either way you have to split it down the middle which for some people could be more trouble than it's worth. But this is the cheapest source of 24 gauge stranded wire I've been able to find so the extra work has been worth it for me. Plus, I can get it any time I want without the hassle of going to Radio Shack and having to endure their "are you ready for a new cell phone plan" speech which appears to be the only thing they are really interested in selling these days.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
mikeofaustin said:
...then I would probably have to fake it, or just leave the female dog alone.

For a guy that never showers, she probably got the better end of the deal :P

we dont want her lip ring to get infected... mike you might be the wrong side of the t-BONE!!!
(with not showering and all)

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, I wouldn't have had to fake a thing... and she probably would've liked WND AND my lipring too... but my girlfriend wouldn't of liked her, so I lose. :D

Bran <><

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
Ha, I wouldn't have had to fake a thing... and she probably would've liked WND AND my lipring too... but my girlfriend wouldn't of liked her, so I lose. :D

Bran <><

hmmm..... yeah HC would kill you.... and i would throw you under the bus ya know...
i happen to like your GF!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K*E*L*L*Y said:
hmmm..... yeah HC would kill you.... and i would throw you under the bus ya know...

Heh, yes she would. And I'm sure you would as well. Yeah, she's pretty dang amazing... :)

Bran <><

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

Heh, yes she would. And I'm sure you would as well. Yeah, she's pretty dang amazing... :)

Bran <><

hahaha I SO WOULD!!! nothing shady going on... or im tellin on you!!!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I'm sure if you had got that date, your intentions would have been to form a lasting relationship. Right? Monty

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is radio shack still a candy ,I mean Tandy corporation?

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
mts said:
Depending on how much wire you need, you may look at getting 24 gauge speaker wire and splitting it. I get the 100' 24 gauge stranded speaker wire at Home Depot for about $7. After you split it down the middle (which can be a little tricky until you have a system down) you get two 100' lengths. Walmart has it too but in a 75' length. From what I remember Home Depot's price is better though.

Either way you have to split it down the middle which for some people could be more trouble than it's worth. But this is the cheapest source of 24 gauge stranded wire I've been able to find so the extra work has been worth it for me. Plus, I can get it any time I want without the hassle of going to Radio Shack and having to endure their "are you ready for a new cell phone plan" speech which appears to be the only thing they are really interested in selling these days.

Thanks! I actually found the 24 stranded speaker but it was 'clear'. I needed solid color. But thanks. I'm now thinking that perhaps lowes or Home depot might have a solid black.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Monty said:
And I'm sure if you had got that date, your intentions would have been to form a lasting relationship. Right? Monty

Well, hence my hesitation. Im not a jerk... so I know I need to leave one boat before I get on another boat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread