Called Off Sick from Work Today

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
its call "job related " stress and its a killer long term -- find a job you like to do long term that will still pay your bills ( down grade your life style a bit if needed) and do it rather than go for the "big bucks" at a job you hate so you can live to "impress" others with the "stuff you got"( cuz frankly most other folks don't care a squat about you and what you got --unless your going to give it to them or will it to em) , oh by the way --working at a job you hate -- in the long run the extra cash you earn will wind up being spent on medical bills most likely --remember your health once wrecked can not be simply "bought back" --or rich folks would never be sick.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

ivan salis said:
its call "job related " stress and its a killer long term -- find a job you like to do long term that will still pay your bills ( down grade your life style a bit if needed) and do it rather than go for the "big bucks" at a job you hate so you can live to "impress" others with the "stuff you got"( cuz frankly most other folks don't care a squat about you and what you got --unless your going to give it to them or will it to em) , oh by the way --working at a job you hate -- in the long run the extra cash you earn will wind up being spent on medical bills most likely --remember your health once wrecked can not be simply "bought back" --or rich folks would never be sick.

My health is taking a beating alright. We're short a person(fired) and one is on vacation...and Monday two more go on vacation....There are only 5 of us...get the picture?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
remember the song --"all by my self --don't wanna be all by myself "--some folks don't do alone well. how in a 5 person off --short a man so 4 --can 3 of the 4 take off on vaction at the same time --whos the boss there? --a chimp -- 1 person can not be expected to properly run a office that normally employs 5 -- thats insane.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The company can get by the American way. Outsource the work to a 3rd world nation, it's in vouge now, so jump on that band wagon.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
ivan salis said:
remember the song --"all by my self --don't wanna be all by myself "--some folks don't do alone well. how in a 5 person off --short a man so 4 --can 3 of the 4 take off on vaction at the same time --whos the boss there? --a chimp -- 1 person can not be expected to properly run a office that normally employs 5 -- thats insane.
Don't ya get it,
Cappy Z IS the boss.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
then if you are "the boss" you do not let all 3 of your workers take off on vaction at the same time. ( unless you either want to shut the doors or do all the work. by your self -- (ps if your short a person "hire" one if your the boss, thats simple )

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
ivan salis said:
then if you are "the boss" you do not let all 3 of your workers take off on vaction at the same time. ( unless you either want to shut the doors or do all the work. by your self -- (ps if your short a person "hire" one if your the boss, thats simple )
You do if you have an insane person running the show, as you yourself said Ivan about this insane situation.
The best thing to do is to leave immediately before this sinking ship/train crash takes you down with it.
The other employees have obviously realised this by their present and imminent departure.
Overall it's a poor reflection on Cappy Z.
But as they say it's a Captains duty to be the last to leave a sinking ship, or is it to go down with his sinking ship ?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pigiron said:
ivan salis said:
You do if you have an insane person running the show, as you yourself said Ivan about this insane situation.
The best thing to do is to leave immediately before this sinking ship/train crash takes you down with it.
The other employees have obviously realised this by their present and imminent departure.
Overall it's a poor reflection on Cappy Z.
But as they say it's a Captains duty to be the last to leave a sinking ship, or is it to go down with his sinking ship ?

Ah crud
I have been self employed for 20 years and have people work for me. I am in two businesses keep a professional lisc in one and am starting a third hoping to shut one other down. I always try to keeps things afloat and know people depend on me. But if they are not supporting me and my efforts towards them I say adios. Work hard play hard and learn to swing that coil slowly and take time to enjoy it all along the way. Lots of great people wanting to work including myself.
Take care of yourself first Cappy. Nothing is worth your health like Ivan said.
I do not feel their is a sinking ship on the horizon that's just treasure hunters dreaming !
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

pigiron said:
ivan salis said:
Don't ya get it,
Cappy Z IS the boss.

Hi Forrest, No I am not the boss. I am one of five people in a warehouse ordering and delivering stock to the hospital units. The job description has morphed into a mutli-task strenuous slave labor position. I have been looking for job for about a month. Now that folks are taking simultaneous vacations..I might tell the 'boss' today is my last day. I'll keep you posted in case you want to send me some cases of Foster Beer or a mixed case of Mondavi.

btw, Your village is looking for you.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I can imagine the stress;I have enough trouble working out where to get, when to take my vitamin/supplement longevity
regime of capsules.
I'm wondering if the hospital supply house has any products that you could pilfer for your own personal use
to help you with the stress such as vitamin B12 ampules or Human Growth Hormones.
It looks like you could do with some supplemental help.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

pigiron said:
I can imagine the stress;I have enough trouble working out where to get, when to take my vitamin/supplement longevity
regime of capsules.
I'm wondering if the hospital supply house has any products that you could pilfer for your own personal use
to help you with the stress such as vitamin B12 ampules or Human Growth Hormones.
"It looks like you could do with some supplemental help" pigiron

So, when is the shipment of medicinal spirits arriving?
8)

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Cappy Z. said:
pigiron said:
regime of capsules.
"It looks like you could do with some supplemental help" pigiron

So, when is the shipment of medicinal spirits arriving?
8)
When I have your company's secrets, ie the source and origin of all orders.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

lol
:D

We get 99% of ALL............hospital supplies....from CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am surprised they haven't bought the hospital system....yet.

(they will)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
in aussie land is vitamans still considered "medical stuff" ? --here in the states we can by it over the counter -- lots of folks take B 12 shots to --pep up

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

prospector40 said:
Hey Cap, That sounds all to familiar. I am in a job like that. Please get out while you can. I would not wish what I am going through on anyone. BTW, I am officially on the job market again. But gotta stay here till something else opens up. Not much to look for in western PA

Although we have had our 'fun' in the political threads here at TN...I believe we both are true blue Americans who are suffering in our jobs due to the availability of cheap labor caused by this recession..and the fact that most larger sized US companies corporate hierarchy resembles the Mafia and/or Nazi germany.

Truth is: In America only the average guy gives a damn about the average guy..the management is cut throat business as usual.

I wish you all the best Prospector40. I truly do.

Cap Z.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Cappy Z. said:
lol
:D

We get 99% of ALL............hospital supplies....from CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am surprised they haven't bought the hospital system....yet.

(they will)
Ah China, the land of women with ripped muscles.
You should have no trouble then in smuggling in some Human Growth Hormone for yourself.
Sounds like you need it to bust out of the mess your in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread