Proud of my Town

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
It's not very often you get to be really proud of something but this is one of those times. I grew up and still live in Maryville, MO. and decided this was where I wanted my kids to go to school also...this story lets me know I made the right decision.

High school football player in Missouri with Down Syndrome scores big

"I'm ready, Coach. . . . Coach, I'm ready," Ziesel says.

McCamy says he hears it about 10 times a game, and also at practices, from Ziesel, his 5-foot-3, 110-pound running back.

So in the final stages of Benton's third game of the season on Monday at Maryville, Mo., McCamy decided it was time for Ziesel -- a 15-year-old freshman with Down Syndrome -- to make his season debut.

With about 10 seconds left in the game, and Benton trailing 46-0, McCamy called his final timeout, told an assistant coach to organize the team for the "Matt play" and ran across the field to the Maryville defensive huddle -- and to some puzzled looks from the opposing players.

"I've got a special situation," McCamy remembers telling Maryville freshman defensive coach David McEnaney. "I know you guys want to get a shutout. Most teams would want a shutout, but in this situation I want to know if maybe you can let one of my guys run in for a touchdown."

Several days have passed since Ziesel chugged more than 60 yards down a sideline for his first high school touchdown -- but the buzz hasn't.

Full article here,

http://www.physorg.com/news172676449.html

B

BIG61AL

sometimes doing so little can turn into something big.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
I would be proud too. Great story!
Thanks. :thumbsup:

TW

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a very cool story , awsome coach .

WTG Ziesel 60 yrd TD YOU Da MAN :wav:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread