How many hunters on here? Walmart quit selling firearms!

Jul 11, 2008
Neosho,Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac ,Tesoro cibola

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Praise the lord and pass the ammo... :thumbsup:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walmart Started not selling any firearms when Rosie Odonald outed them an raised a big stink then K-mart fallowed.

I am an avid out doors man , hunting fishing shooting I love it all an try to do it as often as I can .

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
yes it sucks.all my firearms except my A2 was purchased at w/m.was out in Wis. a few years back
and fell in love with a Mossberg 100 atr .30-06 and purchased on the spot(my main deer rifle).they
had awesome prices,but no more. :-[

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still selling guns in western Montana, but very little ammo last time I was there.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having a very hard time geting my hunting ammo this season. Not only that but its almost double the price it was last year. Hopefully I am still sighted in and will only need enough to fill the freezers.
Wal-mart is what America is becoming.
TnMtns

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
It's Walmart... stop shopping there.

Don't let the store push your buttons.

I have and I wont.
Thanks Jim :icon_sunny:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I loved when walmart had a place in korea --change its "name" to USA , korea -- when the "labeling" where it was made law when ito effect * -- they printed "MADE IN USA" in big bright letters ---"korea" was of course in mirco dot lettering and black--- finally they were forced to stop that nonsence.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our Wal-Marts in central Mississippi stopped selling firearms a year or 2 ago. I was at one 2 days ago and found that they still sell black powder rifles. I'm talking about .50 boomers with breach loading of the projectiles and preformed powder slugs. $150 up to $350. Beside the rifles were containers of percussion caps, powder slugs,and plastic jugs of loose powder; as well as the jacketed projectiles all in plastic packs hanging on hooks. I'm seriously thinking of getting that $150 rifle and load up with powder, shot, and caps. This to go with the shotguns and rifles already in my closet.

Does anyone know if black powder guns have to be registered? If so, no problem. As far as weapons registrations; archery equipment doesn't have to be registered. So a compound bow with 90# pull coupled with a quiver of broadhead arrows would be "off the books". Also, crossbows and bolts. I'd like to get an English long bow and learn to use it correctly. Those puppies have some serious range.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides w/m here in milwaukee the police chief and the lib mayor are trying to close down a local gun store claiming they have a record of selling to many guns to people who use them on the streets against the cops, there have been 5 coppers shot this year,There claim is the bad guys use someone else to buy them guns. Now how can you stop this? A person checks out with the gov. fills in the forms and sells the gun to a felon,Who do you think these people are? There the ones I see every day when I turn on the news,(I ll call them Mondays) Its getting crazy out here, something is happening I know guys who have stashs of 5 to6 thousand rounds. Even people with 50 cal. The store in question has a cop out side of it either taking your license number or stoping you. well anyway after a long weekend I dread mondays.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are only taking guns from the good guys. The bad ones will also be able to get them. Mrs. Mojjax

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whooo hooooo!!!! walmart finally did something right!
that place is OVERRUN with rednecks! they dont need guns!
we have tons of people down here living in tents!
.... but they all have their walmart guns! these are the people
that are unstable... and shouldnt have a gun to start with!

anyone can still buy a gun... just not for the bottom of the barrel
junky walmart price! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!! ITS YOUR RIGHT TO OWN A GUN...
NOT USE IT!!! read up on it... 10-20-life!

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/10-20-life/index.html

walmart shoppers TEND NOT to be real honest hunters.... so.. no need for a gun!!!

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Walmart

I went into a Walmart once. I had to use the bathroom.
I looked around for it, used it and came out.
Did not go shopping there as I had forgotten my GPS reciever and did not want to get lost.

If you have any store in your area that has ammo you are lucky.
The other day my son mentioned .22 ammo had gone up in price alot.
I was in a Bi-Mart store ( Much smaller version and employee owned) and looked for ammo prices.
There was 12ga. ammo, 45-70, and a few others but NO .22, .45,9mm, 30-30, etc.
Sign said limit 1 box if/when we get them.

My Brother works for a city in So. Calif. and ordered 9mm and .40 cal for their police dept.
Was told they migh be able to fill the order in a year or so.
Reloaders that I know (Cowboy Action) say is hard to find powder, primers and bullets.

Gun control can be sidestepped if you have ammo control :(

"We don't need no stinking 2nd Amendment"

Grey

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
kelly sorry to utterly disagee -- by making folks pay more for guns -- that makes it so only the wealthy can own them -- that elitism at it finest -- what only the rich that go pheasent hunting DESERVE a gun? -- poor deer hunters too bad. no gun for you --- poor folks living in crime ridden areas --no gun to protect yourself with cuz so sorry your poor scum , so just die already will ya.

I shopped at walmart for guns in the past -- ammo too -- hey who doesn't like to save their hard earned $$$ --but now about half of them do not carry guns -- the ones in the more "upscale" liberal type areas --now the ones in the poorer type areas --yep they still do -- but I quit buying gun related stuff at wal mart --I get my stuff from my local ACE hardware store these days the store owner is a strong 2nd amendment supporter and has great prices to boot.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
prospector40 said:
If people are living in tents, its by choice. Sorry, no sympathy from me (only for the children that have to live with lazy parents or parents that dont want to work). This country provides opportunity that no other country can provide, if people choose to use that opportunity or not....thats on them.

Guns dont kill, only people kill. In the history of firearms, not one time did a gun load itself, walk up to someone, point itself at someone, and pull its own trigger.

Obviously some people are againt cars, bath tubs, alcohol, and buckets (just to name a few). Each and everyone of those items kill more people each year than guns do. But then again, thats if guns kill.

Anyway, thats my opinion. BTW..who said only hunters buy guns? I know lots of gun owners that dont hunt. I happen to be one of them.
well said!

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
kelly sorry to utterly disagee -- by making folks pay more for guns -- that makes it so only the wealthy can own them -- that elitism at it finest -- what only the rich that go pheasent hunting DESERVE a gun? -- poor deer hunters too bad. no gun for you --- poor folks living in crime ridden areas --no gun to protect yourself with cuz so sorry your poor scum , so just die already will ya.

I shopped at walmart for guns in the past -- ammo too -- hey who doesn't like to save their hard earned $$$ --but now about half of them do not carry guns -- the ones in the more "upscale" liberal type areas --now the ones in the poorer type areas --yep they still do -- but I quit buying gun related stuff at wal mart --I get my stuff from my local ACE hardware store these days the store owner is a strong 2nd amendment supporter and has great prices to boot.

its cool

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
K*E*L*L*Y said:
whooo hooooo!!!! walmart finally did something right!
that place is OVERRUN with rednecks! they dont need guns!
we have tons of people down here living in tents!
.... but they all have their walmart guns! these are the people
that are unstable... and shouldnt have a gun to start with!

anyone can still buy a gun... just not for the bottom of the barrel
junky walmart price! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!! ITS YOUR RIGHT TO OWN A GUN...
NOT USE IT!!! read up on it... 10-20-life!

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/10-20-life/index.html

walmart shoppers TEND NOT to be real honest hunters.... so.. no need for a gun!!!

Wow, I didn't know that because I am a hunter and I shop at Walmart that I am dishonest and Don't need a gun.

I never can understand why people blame a Gun for Criminal Behavior. If a Persons mentality is at the point they want to harm someone, than I pray the victim didn't vote against possibly there own Defense of saving themselves or a Family member.

Just my opinion,
Nova Treasure

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
I won't shop Wal-Mart for ANYTHING except as an absolute last resort. IMHO they are the MOST un-American business out there.

Support your local small businesses, and buy American where/whenever possible - the job you save might just be your own !

Diggem'

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own several guns and bows,and am an avid hunter. Wouldn't have it any other way. My kids are well taught in the use of guns and the consequences of them. It teaches respect and discipline,LORD knows most kids now days don't have any!!
As for Wall Mart i bought two tires from them last year. I had never been there before,showed up just before closing time.The manager said that they were not supposed to turn down the business.They made one guy stay after his shift was over while everyone else went home.They also would not pay him over time. I gave him a $30.00 tip and have never been back. I buy my guns from a small local gun dealer who gives very good deals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread