onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing there is so much traffic on the critters I need a answer to this one. I have been catching and releasing these buggers for years,was fun for a while trying to out wit the little guys. Except for last nite,must have caught one late because early this morning I noticed the cage was gone Now this is a medium size cage with 3/4 in holes square. after a while I located the cage about 50 feet from its original location. To my surprise the entire body (what was left of it ) was pulled through the 3/4 in hole and the head was the only thing left in the cage.My question what in heck is lurking outside that could do this. there was a stone on top of the cage that weighed 5 lb. Im spooked

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
One foggy night, many, many years ago, while staying at my in-laws farm in Iowa, I was awakened after midnight by the most horriffic, blood-curdling screams I have EVER heard. Curiosity got the better of me (as did the obvious fact that I was NOT going back to sleep) and I got dressed and went outside to investigate. About twenty yards from the house I found a cat and a rabbit engaged in a life and death tug of war. The cat was pulling the rabbit through a wire fence that the rabbit did not fit through, and had almost completely skinned the rabbit in the process.

The cat bolted, and I dispatched the rabbit, but it's amazing what lengths a determined animal will go to for a meal.

Diggem'

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhhhhhhh. Exactly WHERE do you live?

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zephyr said:
Probably a chupacabra.... :wink:

ah huh ah huh ah huh thats what I was thinkin :o

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking , maybe a Fisher Cat . My neighbor had one get into their hen house . It bit the heads of all their chickens . It never ate any , it killed for the "fun" of it .

Attachments

• fish01.jpg
    fish01.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 3,214

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a coon got the squirrel.

S

stefen

I'd bet on the Naga's, they are nocturnal and extremely fierce little buggers.

I have a trophy pelt (hide) thats the envy of most hunters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread