The south?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
The ununited states certainly would have been which would have led to the same kind of polarized strife we have seen in other nations over the years .
We are almost evolved to that point today because the population has forgotten what it took to forge
a more perfect union that stood the test of time from 1776 until when in the 2000s .
When did the great dream die ?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Absolutely ! An ill planned economic struggle that failed miserably because of faulty logistics . Both sides fought valiantly for what they beleived in and there was a winner and we all lost .
Anyone that makes a snide comment like 'Should have picked our own damn cotton' is welcome to experience one of my 'cotton pickin' fists .

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
mcgearhead said:
Ya wanna know the really sad part of it all ? We ( the south ) acually had other countries supportin' us !! These other countries were the ones that we were startin' to do business with instead of the north, because they wanted to raise taxes on everything ! Sound familiar ?
Yup ! And they profited from both sides until they could figure out who was going to win , at
our collective expense . They didn't lose a damned thing while we ripped each other's guts out .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I firmly believe it would have been a very different world, We would not have been as strong as 2 seperate countries, remember we were close to, and could have lost WWII if the Axis had made a few different moves. After Pearl Harbor we had nothing to stop Japan from landing in California if they had continued west. Germany was way ahead of us in rockets, and was working hard on developing atom bomb. If Germany had not tried to fight a 2 front war and stayed allied with Russia we would have been in trouble...................

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
If a bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt so much . Let's deal with realities . We have prevailed as a nation in the past and may again . Let's just hope so ......

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Japan did not land in California after Pearl because of one Japanese General, his quote;
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Navy). He made that comment after having lived in the US while at College and some of his friends took him shooting in the desert. The story goes that his friends showed up with a car full of guns and ammo and they shot all day and into the night. As for the if the south had won and remained the CSA the Western Hemisphere may not have survived the second World War.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Heres an alternate, visual answer....
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Jay

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yamamoto didn't even want to attack Pearl Harbor - He was afraid to wake "the sleeping giant" (us).

The north may have very well sided with Germany, because the British had helped the confederacy and Lincoln even told Britain that if they intervened openly, we would cease to be friends.

Plus, we may have never had a WW2, because Germany probably would have won WW1. Mexico would be a French colony, and have an emperor of Austrian descent (Maximillion - and the only reason the French pulled out was because of 50,000 US troops - northern troops only, and threatened the French that they would attack if they did not pull out of Mexico)

Remember, the United States entered WW1 because a secret message was intercepted, in which Germany offered Mexico aid and assistance if they (Mexico) would attack the United States.

B

S

Smee

truckinbutch said:
The ununited states certainly would have been which would have led to the same kind of polarized strife we have seen in other nations over the years .
We are almost evolved to that point today because the population has forgotten what it took to forge
a more perfect union that stood the test of time from 1776 until when in the 2000s .
When did the great dream die ?
When it ceased to be necessary for people to "struggle" and "work" to make a living. When people no longer succeeded or failed on their own merit. When "mercy" became legislated, instead of coming from the heart. Now, if it gets too tough, people just go on government assistance of one sort or another. Too many of us, when we see our neighbor down on their luck, are also willing to let "Uncle Sam" do what we should be doing. Once they were allowed to seize the power to legislate these things, they will not relinquish it, but are still building on it.

If England had been smarter, they would have started a welfare state over here in the 1600's. It prevents people from developing backbones, values, and the courage to do what is right.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Saturna said:
Heres a alternate, visual answer....
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FA9LcXE0Quw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FA9LcXE0Quw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Jay
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had no intentions of bringing Race into this question, its funny how just a word brings it into question, actually I was looking at the question who s face would be on the penny?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
onfire said:
I had no intentions of bringing Race into this question, its funny how just a word brings it into question, actually I was looking at the question who s face would be on the penny?

The Southern States did not like the Federal Government sitcking its nose in state rights, where the constitution said it wasn't suppose to. According to the Bill Of Rights all rights not delegated to the federal government belong to the states or the people..

Too many people think civil war was about race. The average citizen in the south owned no slaves, the common soldier who fought for the south own no slaves and most were poor. They didn't fight to keep slavery, they fought for state rights and their country, not for slavery.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

No matter who won, in the long run slavery would have been abolished because it was and is wrong.......

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
As for the CSA penny I would say from examples that it would have had the same face as the northern Penny just with a different back lol.

S

Smee

Looks like a good choice to me . . . or maybe Jefferson Davis?

JeffersonDavis.gif

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny that we can call it a CIVIL WAR..

dnewbury2

Mar 20, 2004
Cherokee, AL, Occupied C.S.A.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Tesoro Golden Sabre and Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
In exactly what way are you referin' to ? I personally don't think that it would be any different myself. That was simply another war like any other war where folks couldn't agree on trade and economics. It wasn't a war to end slavery, if that is what you are wonderin'.

If you were referin' to the slavery aspect of it, shame on you. Anyway if you were, no it would still be as it is now. Slavery would have been exterminated sooner or later anyway, as it is wrong. By the way the war was not about slavery, it was about trade agreements between the north and the south. The south decided to break away from the union and Lincoln didn't want that to happen.

For an eyeopening look at what the war was really about read the book "The South Was Right". You'll learn that what was taught to us in school about the war was for the most part false. It was history written by the victors instead of the real truth.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read somewhere that a southern soldier that had been wounded was asked why he was fighting. He said "because you are here"... I'd say that was the main reason the average southern boy was fighting. I've read two accounts where farms very close to me were looted and everything that was usable was taken. They knew better than to object because others that did were shot.

DANGLANGLEY

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's probably true. General Lee was actually working in/for the North until the civil war - then he decided when his state joined the war, it was his duty to support his state, so he resigned his northern commission.

B

C

Cappy Z.

I thought that General Tecumseh Sherman had finally put this issue to rest...

Like many civilizations throughout history...an 'agriculture based' nation is always at risk of outsiders. European history repeatedly proves this.

Regardless of slavery, any nation that did not embrace the industrial revolution and provide jobs for its people was weakened from within and then attacked from the outside.

The 'South' was resistant to 'change'. They wanted to continue as a plantation economy. The world had long passed such an archaic economic system.

The North couldn't allow external armies/nations gaining a foothold in the South. Eventually untoward influences could have threatened the Constitution.

Lincoln only freed the slaves to end the war as quickly as possible.

Had the South 'won' it's independence...probably we'd all be a part of Nazi Germany today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions