Unusual Street Names

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
We were on a sight-seeing drive up the lakeshore of Lake Huron going to the tip of the thumb last spring. We found this one bunch of cabins all fairly close together with a few short roads dividing them when we saw one road sign that read
SITMORE DOLITTLE St. Must have been a bunch of retired folks there. LOL It was pretty cloudy at the time and
shaded by trees so. regretfully, I didn't get a picture of the sign.

Have a good day.

Ray

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Kelly might like this one.

I live on the corner of Boneta and cahones. (both misspelled).

So, you could say that I live on the corner of 'beautiful balls".

It's always a hoot when I mention that.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw one in Lousiana one time. Bee Bayou. Around here there is Fiery Gizzard and Suck Creek rd. :icon_sunny:

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:

um.....
:help: :help: :help:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
K*E*L*L*Y said:
mikeofaustin said:

um.....
:help: :help: :help:

Well, to be fair, when I call someone and have to give my address (for shipping info, etc), I always say, I live on "bonita trail, but I have to spell it for you". To which they ALWAYS respond, "Wow, that's strange" (and that gives me an open - and I always get a laugh).

Don't believe me? Google "boneta trail, Austin TX". You'll see Boneta and Cahone (aka: beautiful ball).

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually 'cajones' means drawers, like in furniture. To fit in more with the locals, you would call what you're referring to 'huevos', cause that's what the girls call them. (look it up) I once lived in a town where the street to the west was 'Hunt' and to the east was 'Peck'. I thought that was funny, but not many other people got it. Of course, I have been to 'Dirty Shame, Oklahoma' (or Gage's Station) many times.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
RGINN said:
Actually 'cajones' means drawers, like in furniture. To fit in more with the locals, you would call what you're referring to 'huevos', cause that's what the girls call them. (look it up) I once lived in a town where the street to the west was 'Hunt' and to the east was 'Peck'. I thought that was funny, but not many other people got it. Of course, I have been to 'Dirty Shame, Oklahoma' (or Gage's Station) many times.

Ahh.... Eggs (huevos). But cajones doesn't exactly mix with the words 'breakfast'.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
bravowhiskey said:
Just south of College Station, Tx. is one called "Western Ho". I wondered "Is it a geographical theme or some kinda gangsta' speak?"

I belive Thats westward Ho, Iv been on the road and deliverd gas there plus set tanks, But Ill check it out agien. Small world Huh.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desayuno-breakfast. Es esta bien tu quieres huevos por desayuno. Cajones is the Hollywood term for what they referred to. It could be correct in some localities; probably is border spanish. Huevos is more in usage farther south. If you're lucky, or not lucky, you may hear that usage some day. And to be absolutely high school spanish correct, here's the word 'testiculo'. Nobody says that. The doctor maybe.

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
My all-time Fav would have to be Knob Lick Rd in Knob Lick, Kentucky (oh yes, its very real!) Never been there they tell me it's nice... ;D JJ

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
K*E*L*L*Y said:
ok... i just read that
"second st" is the number one street name in the US!
weird it wasnt "first st" or "main st" ?
recently folks said that the reason first street isn't the top name is because many first streets get laid out that way and then changed to another name
like - main - front - commercial - business district or whatever. siegfried schlagrule

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
here are some good ones from around here.

kitchen-dick rd (and lane)
voice of america rd
woodcock rd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread