79 Million Dollar Dudd!!!

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the good folks at NASA waste 79 million dollars of our hard earned money Friday morning. What did we get for it, not even a good dust plume, it was like hitting an elephant with a BB, nothing happened. What a freakin' waste, all these people out of a job in this country, all the hungry homeless people in this country and we just pi$$ed away that money. Maybe we should have checked for ice on the moon if we really were there in '69......???? :icon_scratch: How much would 79 million dollars divided between all the tax payers in this country come out to be??? Why not use that 79 million dollars for Cancer research, or paralysis research?? Sorry, but I think it was just wasted, and the way they all applauded and pretended it was a success is BS. If any plume had shot up in the air we would have seen it on their own sattelite images. Totally botched experiment.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I have mixed feelings about moon research... and am much more supporting of other space research... but I'm with ya' on THIS topic.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
They got what they wanted from it which was material to spectral analyze to determine what is there. After Hollyweird and the MSM got ahold of the concept and started saying what THEY wanted to happen the results didn't match the desires of them so it was bannered as a "failure". siegfried schlagrule

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Captain Loosechange said:
I watched the good folks at NASA wast 79 million dollars of our hard earned money Friday morning. What did we get for it, not even a good dust plume, it was like hitting an elephant with a BB, nothing happened. What a freakin' waste, all these people out of a job in this country, all the hungry homeless people in this country and we just pi$$ed away that money. Maybe we should have checked for ice on the moon when we were there in '69......???? :icon_scratch: How much would 79 million dollars divided between all the tax payers in this country come out to be??? Why not use that 79 million dollars for Cancer research, or paralysis research?? Sorry, but I think it was just wasted, and the way they all applauded and pretended it was a success is BS. If any plume had shot up in the air we would have seen it on there own sattelite images. Totally botched experiment.
Maybe 50 cents, so you didn't miss out on much.
We ,the world ,wouldn't have all the great and blessed things that America is remembered for such as the telephone , internet if
experiments on a grand scale didn't happen.
Keep up the good work NASA and maybe oneday the worlds unemployed and homeless will colonise the moon if water is found.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
It was not supposed to be a "show" for you to watch, it was a scientific experiment.

Perhaps a little more patriotism is warranted here. Or should we have let the Russians beat us to the moon too?

It's my country and i'm proud of it, the only failure is to not try.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Lasivian said:
It was not supposed to be a "show" for you to watch, it was a scientific experiment.

Perhaps a little more patriotism is warranted here. Or should we have let the Russians beat us to the moon too?

And don't forget that in science unlike in general life , a scientist really does learn from a "failed" or "totally botched" experiment
if indeed this was the case here which I doubt.

OP
OP
Captain Loosechange

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lasivian said:

Oh, sorry I didn't know it was "your" country, I thought it was "our" country, and I am a patriot every bit as much as you. I didn't want a show to watch, NASA was the ones spouting that it would be visible from earth with a telescope!! It wasn't even visible from the tailing craft. So that's what makes me "know" it was a failure. Space program has it's place, but this was a total waste of money, and as long as I pay taxes this is my country too. If you want to believe it was a success because they say so, by all means, believe it. I don't.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
So what happened to all the moon dust & rocks collected from those men who supposedly landed
on the moon ? Weren't there also 'rovers' on the moon to send back data ? NASA doesn't have to
produce facts or figures to the tax paying public, so who's to say this just wasn't more Gov't. BS since
there was nothing to see, it's possible nothing occurred. If they were going to spend that much money,
I'd much rather see $79 million dollars worth of Bunker Busters exploding in Afghanistan to make things
safer for our troops there. The hell with the moon when American soldiers need help with those terrorists.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Not the first time they've wasted our money and won't be the last. :angry4:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Respect NASA But Not Bombing the Moon
for any Reason.

This was Uncalled for.
What must the People on Other Planets Think
we Just Did ?
Prepairing for war against Them ?

what if there was Intelegent Alien Life Down there ?
We just Declaired war on them.

Or was this what Happend ?
Did we Bomb a Base already up there ?
Because they were Different then Us ?

I Think NASA Should be Sanctioned for this.

What next ?

See if we can Outen The sun ?

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Tubecity said:
So what happened to all the moon dust & rocks collected from those men who supposedly landed
on the moon ? Weren't there also 'rovers' on the moon to send back data ? NASA doesn't have to
produce facts or figures to the tax paying public, so who's to say this just wasn't more Gov't. BS since
there was nothing to see, it's possible nothing occurred. If they were going to spend that much money,
I'd much rather see $79 million dollars worth of Bunker Busters exploding in Afghanistan to make things
safer for our troops there. The hell with the moon when American soldiers need help with those terrorists.
It doesn't take much to appreciate that any water on the moon would be "sub-lunar", hence a way of examining material
from beneath the surface was needed.
I also think that a nuclear bomb should have been used but weight may have been a factor in its deployment.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
jeff of pa said:
I Respect NASA But Not Bombing the Moon
for any Reason.

This was Uncalled for.
What must the People on Other Planets Think
we Just Did ?
Prepairing for war against Them ?

what if there was Intelegent Alien Life Down there ?
We just Declaired war on them.

I Think NASA Should be Sanctioned for this.

What next ?

See if we can Outen The sun ?
Very true. It has not been disproved that aliens are present .
However if they were there and survived , then a counter-strike would have occurred by now against the planet.
Unless of course their base was destroyed and finding water was just a pretext for this mission.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
We are livin' here on earth now. We are havin' quite a bit of problems in case ya haven't noticed. I personally do not think that seein' if the moon has water on it should be a major priority right now. If there is water up there, it's been there this long, and I don't think it's goin' anywhere anytime soon. I'm just sayin' that this is one of those things that could have waited untill we could acually afford to do it.

I Agree,
But if that were the real reason,
We would have drilled.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
jeff of pa said:
mcgearhead said:
We are livin' here on earth now. We are havin' quite a bit of problems in case ya haven't noticed. I personally do not think that seein' if the moon has water on it should be a major priority right now. If there is water up there, it's been there this long, and I don't think it's goin' anywhere anytime soon. I'm just sayin' that this is one of those things that could have waited untill we could acually afford to do it.

I Agree,
But if that were the real reasion,
We would have drilled.

Ya think there may have been other motives? If so, what do ya think they were really up to ?

See my post above.

I Believe it was a Military Action.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I concur Jeff and it appears to be successful as no retaliation has happened (that we know of).

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had understood the moon is bombarded every day by similar space debri. The diff being we could not run a probe behind the impact to collect analysis. Still kinda seemed like a dud with us being in a war on this planet already :dontknow: Maybe the missile could have been better used with current conflicts..

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
I had understood the moon is bombarded every day by similar space debri. The diff being we could not run a probe behind the impact to collect analysis. Still kinda seemed like a dud with us being in a war on this planet already :dontknow: Maybe the missile could have been better used with current conflicts..

The moon has no atmosphere, hence objects do not burn up when traveling towards the moon like they do on earth.
As far as the subject at hand. I also believe in the space projects but think this little experiment of theirs was very ill timed.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the US could think of better things to spent the money on instead of NASA. What do they expect to do out in space. We can not live there and can not grow anything up there so why don't they use our money here and help to improve this country......Matt

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was actually just a staged event so NASA could actually claim credit for crashing something.

"I meant to do that!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread