"Have you been smoking pot?", She asked me tonight.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: "Have you been smoking pot?", She asked me tonight.

smoke of any type us not good for your lungs * pot or tobacco --common sense tells you that -- smoke makes one cough and choke -- tobacco has very few medical uses that are helpful ( bee stings and other vemons can be "pulled" via the drawing action of moistened tobacco ---one of its few good uses)-- however pot has several medical uses -- wither or not its a has enough benifiet to out weigh the risk is up to debate , but in some cases it might. -- pot is thought of as "safer" than drinking to get "high" on --as pot folks donot suffer hang overs , seldom get mean and fight or get the shakes --like long term drunk types do -- stoners just tend to lay around all day not doing much of anything.

the problem with pot is the tobacco and booze seller lobbist -- they do not want it "legal" since it will cut into their bussiness --plus both are tax cash cows for the US Govt ---pot if legalized can be easily grown in folks backyards ** and the govt would have a rough time pressing charges against "illegal growers" --since folks would go --- if its legal for the US govt to grow it , why not "we the people"? as well.

since pot is kept illegal --its often though of as a "gateway" drug -- since to get it you have to go to illegal drug sellers who often have a mix of drugs to "offer" and many are tempted to try other harder drugs when in the process of getting the pot in many cases.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have known a lot of people in my life who smoked pot, (I'm 61) not a single one of them ever had a problem quiting when they wanted to quit. I'm am not saying no one ever had a problem quitting, but there is not the physical addition to pot like there is to tobacco and alcohol.

EVER SINGLE PERSON I know who wanted to quit smoking or using tobacco products had major problems quiting, not a single one was successful the first or even second time they tried, even though they desperately wanted to quit.

I have never personally known anyone who died from the use of pot, I have had several friends and as well as several family members who have died from the direct use of tobacco as well as a couple friends who died from cirrhosis of the liver from drinking over the years.

I can go out get drunk, go into work the next day with the world's worst hang over and legally drive a car, even though I am a threat to every single driver on the road, have an accident, take wizz test and have no problem with the insurance company or work. But If I am in a wreak, take a wizz test and have smoked a couple joints 3 weeks ago I can be fired, even though I am not hung over, and under no effects of smoking a couple joints 3 weeks ago.....

i have never know a single person who smoked pot and became violent, I have know more people then I can count who get violent and want to argue and fight when they drink.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

smoking is bad, period. I quit smoking 12 years ago.
the active ingredient in pot is THC, 20 years ago 3-4 % content was considered potent, now, the average content
is 18 - 20 % THC. it's getting stronger but is not physically addictive, like heroin or cocaine

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

smoke of any type is bad for your lungs * no brainer there . --that said ---smoking pot is like --smoking tobacco and drinking a few shots of booze at the same time -- but without bad hangover you get with booze -- smoking pot has been show to lower high blood pressure (stress relief) and several other medical "benifiets" --that tobacco does not provide.

in my veiw --smoking pot is less harmful long term than -- smoking tobacco and drinking together are --- but again --as a COPD suffer -- smoking of any kind is not healthy for your lungs

POT IS A NATURAL DRUG -- while in its natural state it has drug like properties --in its "pumped" up state to get more and higher thc levels as manipulated by grower it is a drug without a doubt since its been altered from its natural state .

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ladies & Gentlemen: I only have a few words to say -->

A) Being a Saint, I have never ----X puff puff. :o

B) Cannabis, with it's active ingredient extracted with alcohol, is extremely effective if rubbed on painful joints. Also if you can isolate it, DMSO can carry it internally for the same effect, but even more rapidly and effectively.

D) Crude Cocaine is easily extracted by simply chewing the leaves.

E) Probably one of the most addictive and destructive addictions, are Broads. Broads have been responsible for more wars, deaths, etc., than almost any other combnations.

There should be a limit of only 3 per male.

So, being of a kindly, generous, and Saintly, with a martyristic tendency, I suggest sending the surplus comely ones to me. You can start with Kelley and the lovely TH gals.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa said:
Ladies & Gentlemen: I only have a few words to say -->

A) Being a Saint, I have never ----X puff puff. :o

B) Cannabis, with it's active ingredient extracted with alcohol, is extremely effective if rubbed on painful joints. Also if you can isolate it, DMSO can carry it internally for the same effect, but even more rapidly and effectively.

D) Crude Cocaine is easily extracted by simply chewing the leaves.

E) Probably one of the most addictive and destructive addictions, are Broads. Broads have been responsible for more wars, deaths, etc., than almost any other combnations.

There should be a limit of only 3 per male.

So, being of a kindly, generous, and Saintly, with a martyristic tendency, I suggest sending the surplus comely ones to me. You can start with Kelley and the lovely TH gals.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Point D......... In the coca leaf the cocaine alkaloid amounts to less then one-tenth of one percent of the leaf, and is not a narcotic. It does not cause the euphoric or psychoactive effects associated with the use of the processed cocaine. Addiction or other narcotic effects from the consumption of the leaf in its natural form have not been documented to date.

To be made a narcotic, the cocaine alkaloids must be extracted, concentrated and processed chemically. The local natives in Peru do chew the leaves, when chewed, they produce a pleasurable numbness in the mouth, and have a pleasant, pungent taste. Coca leaves are traditionally chewed with a lime to increase the release of the active ingredients from the leaf.

The chewing of coca leaves is part of their culture and it has been found in 1000+ year old mummies found in Peru.

Coca leaves must be processed in mass with chemicals to be able to produce cocaine, cocaine is not available in a natural state. You get no more of a buzz chewing coca leaves then eating rolls with poppy seeds gives you a heroin high.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm pretty much at the point they should legalize it and tax it to the max. I only got a few years left to figure out how to re-finance social security. I believe alcohol has destroyed more lives than grass, but that may be because alcohol is legal and pot is not, so if it is legalized, we may find out what happens. And I forgot, marijuana already is taxed, because in Oklahoma it's an extra charge if you're caught with marijuana without a tax stamp. And nobody has one.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN said:
I'm pretty much at the point they should legalize it and tax it to the max. I only got a few years left to figure out how to re-finance social security. I believe alcohol has destroyed more lives than grass, but that may be because alcohol is legal and pot is not, so if it is legalized, we may find out what happens. And I forgot, marijuana already is taxed, because in Oklahoma it's an extra charge if you're caught with marijuana without a tax stamp. And nobody has one.

You mean no one walks in and requests a pot tax stamp....... :dontknow:

They should legalize it and tax it, the revenue raised from growing it would be put back into our economy. The income from the taxes would be huge, then add to that the taxes dollars saved from fighting it. You would take the huge income made from it out of the hands of the drug cartels and put it back into our economy and taxes raised in this country......

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

pot stamps are federal "narcotic" drug tax stamps and will not be issued * even if requested except to doctors --its illegal to have it without a "proper tax stamp" --thus catch 22 --- so ask for one -- and get their refusal to issue you one in writing -- then you can say --they refuse to issue stamps therefore making it illegal to have pot --you tried to have it "legally" but they refused to allow it.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jose ------------- BROADS?????????????? Geesh!!!

I hate to change the drug law conversation, but - has your wife been smelling anything else that isn't there? Smelling something burning is a primary sign of a possible brain tumor. If you REALLY weren't smoking, and you REALLY weren't smoking weed, and you were not around anybody who was - you might just not off-handedly blame it on being 'on the rag', and make sure she is feeling ok. I know its funny (ha, ha) to blame it on "being in season" (which, by the way, sounds a tad ridiculous, since women are the exact opposite of being in season during that time)
but it would not be funny if there was something else going on - which, since you cannot see why she was so upset - maybe it is unusual for her to get angry about a joke?

B

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

Phantom smells are a sign of brain tumors....I did not think abut that.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Pot is not a bad drug (but it is a drug).

From my life experience, I'll list what I feel is mildest to extreme (of the illegals).

1). pot (very mild drug). You wont' see any stoned person on the road killing people - heck, they wouldn't even leave their house.
2). hash (tar and resin - same as number 1).
3). LSD (Woowwweee man, did I just learn about life).
4). shrooms (Dude, you just said something that made me laugh. didn't matter what you said, it just made me laugh and now I can't stop).
5). Coke (dude, you got anymore? I'm coming down).
6). meth (Hey, you want to hear about my life story? Let me pick my face while I tell you ).
7). Freon. (Hey, my mom was just talking to me... but she's been dead for 10 years). -this is the worst drug because it kills your brain sooooo hard.
6). Crack (My friends mom might have some jewelry that we can pawn, and I know a way in the back door to his house).

Sad, but true. However, I just drink my drink and relaxe from day to day. Don't do anything illegal anymore and wouldn't want to.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey - coke can be cool! I think. :icon_scratch:

Well, anyway, back when I was a kid, they sold coke syrup over the counter, and they made a cough tablet that would burn the crap out of your throat for about 30 seconds - then your throat would stop hurting for hours.

And, there was real coke in Coca-Cola - no wonder everybody got addicted. :dontknow:

Even in my first official job (at a drugstore), people could also buy codeine over the counter. They just signed a book, and off they went, and I was allowed (at 16) to sell it. Of course, back in those days, they hid the condoms behind the actual pharmacy counter, and they had to be given by the pharmacist. (that's why the boys use to go see Dick the shoemaker - he would keep a supply on hand for them) Boy, things sure have changed since the days when you had to "score" a condom!

I don't think too many people ever had to detox from pot, but, I do know we waste big tax dollars on pot users, when I think the money needs to go to stopping coke, crack and heroin. I'd say LSD too, but, I do not see it here, so I'm not sure it is the problem it used to be. (I may be wrong, maybe it is a regional thing). And then there are the speed pills - but then again, I have spent my life knowing that a vast majority of our truck drivers are on speed - and its a very easy thing to get, and its cheap, also. I don't know many older truck drivers who have put in their long hours with just coffee, not to mention the diet pill, which used to only be speed. (direct for the doctors, no less).

Now all these kids are cranking up on these energy drinks, which, no matter what they say, for some reason they cause major 'crashes' and I see it all the time. Monster cranking energy, they are not regulated here (maybe they are elsewhere), and I see these high school kids up half the night and start their next morning with a couple more shots of these drinks before they go to school. It cannot be good for them. :dontknow:

B

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

To OP maybe she started and was hoping you were serious??

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

savant365 said:
Tank69 said:
actually she very well have smelled pot , it's actually very common for pot growers to hide a grow garden in the tobacco fields what better soil , an its not uncommon for those brands that use all of the plant to wind up with a hint mixed in with your normal smoke, haven't you ever lit a cig an go whoa OK who's smoking round here , you just got a lil piece .sounds stupid but its true .

Doesn't sound stupid at all, happens pretty often. I had a brother-in-law that smoked it daily so I know the smell quite well and notice it from time to time when I light a cigarette. I tried the "real" stuff a couple of times but all it did was give me a headache and put me to sleep, lol. I hope I never get glaucoma or I'll probably sleep 23 hours a day.

I'm sorry but I have to interject here. As someone who grew up around tobacco farms and has actually worked in the field, yes sometimes farmers who do a little black market subsidizing will grow some in with the tobacco plants. However, you can rest assured that none of it ended up in the tobacco baler, much less in a cigarette. Tobacco is an industry in which everything is done by hand not by machine. From the bed to the warehouse. Also, the whole plant is not used, only the leaves, no matter what brand you smoke (Harvesting tobacco is not like harvesting corn). The tobacco plant consists of, going from the ground upwardly toward the tip (as the plant grows in the ground) are the following grades or types of tobacco: trash, flyings, lugs, bright, red and tip. The various grades of tobacco are segregated after removal of the leaves from tobacco stalk and separate grades are bailed separately, different grades selling for different prices. The less expensive cigarettes use more of the bottom leaves from the plant, they are called "trash" and "flyings".

mikeofaustin- I'm glad she came to her senses. Geesh, women sometimes!

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000

The sheriff of Lake County, California said it's only a matter of time before it's legal and he has enough trouble dealing with the crime, drama and violence caused by meth and alcohol.

Most CA sheriffs agree with him.

Post your medical marijuana permit on the fence and he won't bust up to six plants (the CA Prop 215 limit) in your backyard. Apparently it's true as the last time I was driving there I could smell it everywhere and see tops of pot plants sticking over fences. No one seemed to mind, notice, or care.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's funny, though - back in the 60's, I spent a few weeks in Puerto Rico - and marijuana grew wild - nobody much bothered with it.

But the sugar cane? Kids would go insane in a field of sugar cane that had already been cut down - it starts fermenting, and of course, starts getting an alcohol content. You could chew on a piece of old sugar cane and get drunk. You would see lots of the kids doing that.

Of course, Puerto Rican rum could be bought in Puerto Rico for pennies.

B

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beth, once when I was up at the Colorados, the spine of the sierras between Sinaloa and Durango, helping my friend start up his mine. La Bert and I went for a short drive to check on the status of one of the trucks that had thrown a rock through its radiator.

This area is perhaps 6 -8000 ft with a 75 - 80 degree drop off giving a fantastic view to the west of some 900 sq miles. On the way back as we passed a clear area to the west, we decided to take some pictures of the view.

A short walk through the pines brought us to a knoll. The knoll was surrounded by a triple barbed wire fence. I assumed that someone was going to construct a home there. Inside of the fence, the grass was growing nicely, it was perhaps 2 - 3" high.

So, to take a short cut, I crawled through the fence and cut across the small field, Bert followed me. We admired the view for a while, then crossed the grassy area again going back to the car. Bert suddenly stopped and in a hushed voice said "Jo, aren't these the same plants that you showed me before"? I looked closer and sure enough, we had been tromping down some pore enterprising guy's lil Opium poppies.

I imagine that the owner was sitting out in the brush with a disgusted look, watching us through his binoculars. Fortunately they all knew us because of the mine and didn't shoot..

Incidentally, whenever the soldiers came up on a drug bust, we / they always knew a few days ahead of time and we had between 10 - 20 free laborers working for us. hehehe

How else to explain a new Bronco, gold watches, and chains etc while living in a one room thatched hut with perhaps a lonely pig and a few chickens wandering in and out.

You will be up there some day soon Beth, I'll also show you where we were under siege by bandits for a few days. Actually I was only shot at once.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

mrs.oroblanco said:
Of course, Puerto Rican rum could be bought in Puerto Rico for pennies.

B

Geez, I bought some Puerto Rican rum from my liquor salesman recently and the stuff is WAY too smokey. It's terrible to drink. And I'm a rum drinker (aside from the cheap vodka).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread