My Parks Are Now Off Limits

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Was detecting at the park today and one of the maintainence guys came up and said they were told at a morning meeting to tell people using metal detectors in parks to quit. Evidently some genious has been digging holes the size of basketballs and killed a bunch of grass. Thanks to one idiot it's banned now. I don't think they have passed an ordinance yet but I don't want to piss anyone off if there is a chance I can get permission. I know I have heard folks talk about this before but have any of you that this has happened to had any luck talking to the park and rec dept. and getting permission?

Charlie

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would go talk to the powers to be on that issue .Ya might be able to get detecting back , with no diggers olny screwdrivers.

OP
OP
savant365

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I think I know the guy that did it. I ran into him at a park one day and he was using a folding army (trench) shovel, to me that is just asking for trouble. I told him to be careful but somehow I doubt if he listened.

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I use a plugger, I ask if the people are golfers and know how the hole is placed in a green, and if they know how picky groundskeepers sre. Then i will show them in a place of their choosing ,how I dig and recover the target, replase the dirt and sod. usually gets their approval. Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread