Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I didn't , either . All I know from personal experience is that you don't want to try to eat one when they are green .
Jim

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe you knew that warsawdaddy! We ain't got persimmons up here, or wooley caterpillars. I hope y'all get 4 or 5 feet of snow. Build a ski resort. Get it away from me. And if you eat green persimmons you start to talk like mme wfff ffwe muwee.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
RGINN said:
I can't believe you knew that warsawdaddy! We ain't got persimmons up here, or wooley caterpillars. I hope y'all get 4 or 5 feet of snow. Build a ski resort. Get it away from me. And if you eat green persimmons you start to talk like mme wfff ffwe muwee.
Why would you hope we get that much snow? Got to have that first hard frost before eating persimmons.Bet you like that purty mouth your wife makes.

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
I remember waiting for the first good frost to sweeten them up and then trying to beat the critters to the fruit. They were so sweet, it hurt to eat em. Most trees died out when the dutch elm blight came through. Did anyone have Chickipin trees ? Not shure of the spelling. They had long 2-4 inch needles with clusters of smaller needles and a nut in the center of the small cluster. It was dangerous just to walk around them. Jim

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someday I will get back down to Oklahoma and you bet I will talk my wife into eatin a green persimmon. (Oh yeah, they're good, we eat em all the time!) On a serious note, I sincerely hope y'all don't get no ice storms this year. Those are killers. Anybody can drive on snow, but nobody can drive on ice.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
You're right,I hope there is not another ice storm this year.Good people in OKla.Here in the ozarks,many of us do not have that college ticket but we are 'country smart'and I'll take that any day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread