Looking for Treasure in All the Wrong Places?

C

Cappy Z.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Police say an Ohio woman being driven around in a limousine announced at a coat store she'd won the lottery and would pay for everyone's purchases but ended up causing a riot when customers realized it was a hoax. Columbus police Lt. Michael Deakins says the woman announced Tuesday she'd spend $500 on everyone at a Burlington Coat Factory, prompting customers to gather at registers and call relatives.

When police arrived, 500 people filled the store and another 1,000 were outside.

Cashiers rang up sales before discovering the woman had no money. Angry customers grabbed clothes without paying.

The limo driver turned the woman in.

Police say she was arrested on three outstanding warrants but wasn't charged for the coat store chaos pending a mental health evaluation.

K

Kentucky Kache

Women get off scott free on mental health issues. Almost always, and for far greater crimes than this.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
She'll get off scott free... prolly had a disturbing childhood or voted democrate.

What's worse than her is the 1000 people who thought they would take advantage of her! OMG!

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Funny how people are quick to judge, claim someone is of a political affiliation they do not agree with...and incorrectly spell half the words in their posts.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Dan Quayle had difficulty with potato..... :laughing9:

And a quote of his: ""One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared.'"

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Libralabsoldier said:
True...but do we want to start a quote war? GWB was a veritable comedy gold mine.

...well of course!!!!!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think MJ was bein facetious and not passing judgement. He has a point about a 1,000 people wantin somethin for nothin. The whole deal sounds pretty hilarious, like a monkey wrench sort of thing. I like it. I spose I'll get judged for my spellin and the way I talk. I talk real good, but I got this paper from a university that guarantees I should be able speak very well. Alexander Posey was back there in my family tree, go look him up and you'll see where I come from.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Apparently there was almost a riot....which of course says a lot about the people in line....

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I think a reasonable amount of blame goes on the shoppers.

They just blindly believe this women will pay for their things, then get mad when she doesn't follow through?

"If it sounds too good to be true..."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread