Looking for Treasure in All the Wrong Places?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Cappy Z.

Looking for Treasure in All the Wrong Places?

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Police say an Ohio woman being driven around in a limousine announced at a coat store she'd won the lottery and would pay for everyone's purchases but ended up causing a riot when customers realized it was a hoax. Columbus police Lt. Michael Deakins says the woman announced Tuesday she'd spend $500 on everyone at a Burlington Coat Factory, prompting customers to gather at registers and call relatives.

When police arrived, 500 people filled the store and another 1,000 were outside.

Cashiers rang up sales before discovering the woman had no money. Angry customers grabbed clothes without paying.

The limo driver turned the woman in.

Police say she was arrested on three outstanding warrants but wasn't charged for the coat store chaos pending a mental health evaluation.

Kentucky Kache

Re: Looking for Treasure in All the Wrong Places?

Women get off scott free on mental health issues. Almost always, and for far greater crimes than this.

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    106 times
    Banner Finds (1)

She'll get off scott free... prolly had a disturbing childhood or voted democrate.

What's worse than her is the 1000 people who thought they would take advantage of her! OMG!

us
    Jan 2007
    Mountain View, OK
    Garrett Ace 250
    5 times

Funny how people are quick to judge, claim someone is of a political affiliation they do not agree with...and incorrectly spell half the words in their posts.

"You should never take life too seriously....you are never going to get out alive." Van Wilder.

Cappy Z.

Dan Quayle had difficulty with potato.....

And a quote of his: ""One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared.'"

us
    Jan 2007
    Mountain View, OK
    Garrett Ace 250
    5 times

True...but do we want to start a quote war? GWB was a veritable comedy gold mine.
    "You should never take life too seriously....you are never going to get out alive." Van Wilder.

Cappy Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Libralabsoldier
    True...but do we want to start a quote war? GWB was a veritable comedy gold mine.

...well of course!!!!!

us
    Jan 2007
    Mountain View, OK
    Garrett Ace 250
    5 times

Limo companies are notoriously hard to con, unless the driver was somehow in on it.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    6999 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I think MJ was bein facetious and not passing judgement. He has a point about a 1,000 people wantin somethin for nothin. The whole deal sounds pretty hilarious, like a monkey wrench sort of thing. I like it. I spose I'll get judged for my spellin and the way I talk. I talk real good, but I got this paper from a university that guarantees I should be able speak very well. Alexander Posey was back there in my family tree, go look him up and you'll see where I come from.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Cappy Z.

Apparently there was almost a riot....which of course says a lot about the people in line....

us
    Sarcastic Smartass

May 2003
    Spokane, Washington
    White's XLT
    6 times

I think a reasonable amount of blame goes on the shoppers.

They just blindly believe this women will pay for their things, then get mad when she doesn't follow through?

"If it sounds too good to be true..."
    Pics hosted with Dreamhost - http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?293800

us
    Jan 2007
    Mountain View, OK
    Garrett Ace 250
    5 times

Exactly. Vultures.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links