PECKING ORDER

peacock

Oct 16, 2009
Don't we have to Love all of the people that we have encountered our lives. I must say, thanks, to even the ones I thought that I hated. All of it is a learning experience. We do not know what they have gone through in their lives. . I wish... for a more peaceful life without war. But, I look at my animals and realize that there is a pecking order.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A "pecking order" is a subject that many a psychologist and sociologist has delved into.
I have personally spent much time in the study, informally, of this subject; on the many facets, causes and effects, from a human and animal perspective and I have garnered enough evidence to form conclusions and be able to write a thesis.
The main conclusion that I have come to is that there are those who don't like pecking and will sacrifice whatever to keep from being pecked. Those are the followers of a follower/leader ideology.
If you'd like to know more, let me know.....
Best wishes,
Scott

PS.
I'd like to be maybe the first to welcome you to Tnet!
You have obviously found your way to the best thread on this site. Hope you stay and get into all of the topics on the greatest Treasure site on the internet!

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
AU24K said:
A "pecking order" is a subject that many a psychologist and sociologist has delved into.
I have personally spent much time in the study, informally, of this subject; on the many facets, causes and effects, from a human and animal perspective and I have garnered enough evidence to form conclusions and be able to write a thesis.
The main conclusion that I have come to is that there are those who don't like pecking and will sacrifice whatever to keep from being pecked. Those are the followers of a follower/leader ideology.
If you'd like to know more, let me know.....
Best wishes,
Scott

PS.
I'd like to be maybe the first to welcome you to Tnet!
You have obviously found your way to the best thread on this site---Timberwolf. Hope you stay and get into all of the topics on the greatest Treasure site on the internet!

EDIT
OOPS! My bad. I thought this was posted on Timberwolf's Personal Pages. My Bad...
OK, move on, nothing to see here....

You be one of them 'well edjumacated folkes, aint ya.

Joking. Good subject for study. You analysis seems right on track now that I think of it. I once read a study on "dog play". How does one dog let the other know they are, "just playing". I won't get into it, but it was quite interesting. After which, I later did my own study and found out that dogs are "right handed and left handed". One normally wouldn't think about such things.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
peacock said:
Thanks for the welcome and the slam.

Slam? I hope you don't think I was being disrespectful...I was just offering my observations on "pecking orders."

Scott

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
peacock said:
Thanks for the welcome and the slam.

Peacock...we speak often and I enjoy your thinking...Love, hope, peace and even pecking order...You know love can have a snowball effect...I explained this on another forum earlier....Right now My husband is sick and we are receiving so much love from even complete strangers...still we do what we can and try and live life the way we believe. We still give around 400 hen eggs a month to different folks who's lives are harder then ours. Once a month we try and go out to dinner although we haven't since my husband got sick..but before if there was a soldier in uniform at the restaurant we always had a desert sent to his/her table with the thought of them not knowing where it came from...we only told the waitress to tell them they were loved and thank them for their service...you should see their face when this happens...worth a million dollars to us. If everyone did one good thing for someone else....with out caring if they were white, black, yellow, brown it would be so very, very nice.

Amen to that. :thumbsup:, I just gave a load of aluminum cans to an old man who walks everywhere gathering them, & gave him a 'handcrafted walking stick, made me feel very good.

Fossis.............

Fossis...............

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Self introspection is a good thing I feel. I think yer doing a smashing job of useing that to make you life better. Bully Teddy!!!!!!!!!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teddy,

One of my best friends name is Dale, and he, like you, is a really great guy!

I very much enjoyed reading your insightful and well thought out post, and am happy that you were able to understand and overcome the feelings that come with being the brunt of others misguided abuse. Instead of letting the bitterness destroy your life, you were able to rise above and intellectually understand the root cause of your situation. :thumbsup:

What I would like to know is, can you put your finger on what it was that triggered this release of greater understanding and delivered you from the bondage of bitterness? Was it anything in particular ( help from a higher power) or did it just sink in over time?

Sincerely,
GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions