Does anyone know how Floyd Mann is doing?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
On a side note are you the same guy that was looking for Spanish treasure on a show on National Geographic channel. It was something called the Black bull cache?

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cedarratt said:
On a side note are you the same guy that was looking for Spanish treasure on a show on National Geographic channel. It was something called the Black bull cache?

I did not see that episode, however it was not I.
From what I understand of that cache, it was recovered many years ago.

GG~

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wondering how Floyd was doing too GG... I stopped getting the e-mails sometime this Summer, and noticed last month that his wife posted that note about him being seriously ill. I sure hope he's recovering and doing better than before. I always look forward to his bi-monthly newsletters... keeps me reading for hours. :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
I've been wondering how Floyd was doing too GG... I stopped getting the e-mails sometime this Summer, and noticed last month that his wife posted that note about him being seriously ill. I sure hope he's recovering and doing better than before. I always look forward to his bi-monthly newsletters... keeps me reading for hours. :)

Bran <><

I tried his phone number and it has been disconnected :icon_scratch:

GG~

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just gonna hope for the best... like that he finally found one of the great many treasures that he's been researching for years, and now, Floyd has gone. :wink: Of course that's just the treasure hunter in me...
If he's still sick, I sure hope his wife's taking good care of him and he's gettin' better!

Bran <><

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I've checked the Nations obituaries but found no recent reference to Floyd. Maybe he saw the Light and immigrated.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Floyd is still active and I've heard from him within the week. I'm sure he'll provide details when he chooses. I had not heard from him that he was ill or seen that posted anywhere. Would assume that he is involved in private matters and unwilling to talk about them. I'll forward this discussion to him and he can chime in if he wishes. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
Floyd is still active and I've heard from him within the week. I'm sure he'll provide details when he chooses. I had not heard from him that he was ill or seen that posted anywhere. Would assume that he is involved in private matters and unwilling to talk about them. I'll forward this discussion to him and he can chime in if he wishes. siegfried schlagrule

Here is the link to Floyd's web site where the info of his illness is posted. http://www.losttreasureusa.com/NewsletterAchiveIndex.htm And his newsletter has not been published since August.

Happy to hear from you that his health is ok.

Recognized for his humanitarian deed earlier this year by the Utah State Senate: http://www.utahsenatedemocrats.org/archives/400
He is a special person indeed : http://www.ancientlosttreasures.com/images/2009/01/20090102_0005.pdf

GG~

Leroy12

Jan 3, 2010
Floyd Mann still around on facebook...

Floyd is still around on Facebook.... his mining claim he was working a while... got some looting to his trailer and serious damage.

I am worried about Floyd, he hasn't been active on T-net since 7-16-09
When I went to his site to check on his newsletter, I saw this: Floyd is still ILL 9/28/09
His last newsletter went out 8-1-09.

He is one great guy and one of the worlds foremost TH'ers and contributors to the hobby.
Does anyone know how he is? and if he is OK?

GG~

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard from Floyd for a long time probably 5 years :o

and yes I miss his newsletter

Top Member Reactions