Obama Declares H1N1 Emergency

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Funny thing the Flu.

While I was in the Air Force for 11 years, they made me take the Flu shot every year.

Two weeks later I came down with the Flu and lost a few days of work sick as a Dog.

I got sick every year.

I got out in 1990 and have not had a Flu shot since.

To this date I have not had the Flu!

::)

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Swine Flu has been a public health emergency since April of this year, but making it a national emergency provides people like Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius quite sweeping powers to bypass most federal rules. I am a little curious as to why this is now deemed necessary. After all, when the Swine Flu news first broke, it sounded pretty scary. Mexico was reporting people dying like flies and the US border was clearly as porous as a sieve with no netting. Yet, at that time, Obama saw fit to declare only a public health emergency, freeing up stockpiled antivirals and kickstarting urgent research on a vaccine. Now that we know that Mexican H1N1 is hardly more dangerous than standard flu, responds to most antivirals and vaccine manufacture is well underway, why does Obama think it time to declare a national emergency? The health system does not yet need the extra stock of antivirals that the order releases (and there are other ways to release those stocks, if I recall correctly). What other advantage could be gained from such a declaration? Most newspaper articles rabbit on about making it easier to make decisions, including funding ones and information collection, but this is all quite peripheral and unlikely to cause great problems.

I suspect I am being paranoid (which doesn’t, unfortunately, mean I am wrong), but declaring a national emergency essentially revokes the right of habeas corpus in respect to the subject of the emergency (viz. the Swine Flu). Lawyers are welcome to correct me if I am wrong, but this entitles Sebelius to produce an emergency law making it illegal to refuse to have the Swine Flu vaccine. I suspect that the point of the declaration of a national emergency is a sharp needle point that all Americans are going to find themselves at the end of.

I certainly hope I am wrong.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
declaration of a national emergency
means the paranoid will get even more paranoid,
and run out and get shots and like around here,
where they are having drive through shots in
busses and cars where you don't even need to
get out. and they can bypass other health risks,
to do all this. :( plus if you die from the shot
they can say ooops ! sorry :tongue3:

I wonder if their Hiring the Homless to give the Shots Yet ?
point being those giving a shot probably
won't even need to have medical license.

and I Don't Snort Anything

OP
OP
S

Smee

Thanks for that comment Kiwijohn. Glad to see that, if I am paranoid, I'm not alone. BTW, what kind of rig are you driving in the pic? Sure looks like lots of fun . . .

My problem with the whole matter is, seeing how the bullies there in Washington do things, I'm afraid they are going to try to force the vaccine on my child by making it mandatory.

If millions have contracted and only approaching 1000 deaths, this flu doesn't seem to be very different from the annual seasonal flu. While I feel for those who have lost loved ones, looking strictly at numbers, I think it is a government produced epidemic --- not that they produced the virus but rather that they are manufacturing the panic --- and I am concerned about the endgame (yes, shameless reference to documentary of the same name).

Unlike most others here, I do think that there is a less-than-noble motive behind all of this flu scare. For years we've been threatened by the left leaning media with dire warnings that the avian flu was being transmitted to humans and that it threatened a pandemic that could wipe out mankind, or at the very least, seriously "thin the herd". Now, once the left comes to power, boom! We've got a "pandemic." Hmmm.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I Don't Trust Our government.
& Believe Nobody Should Trust their Own Government
No matter what Country. Because it
Keeps them in Check.

I Don't believe it's a less-than-noble Thing,
Or Manufactureed.

fact is our Country has Become a Health Crazy
place. The "Health Police" are Running our Lives
& Government is afraid of them. So they are Jumping
on the Paranoia Bandwagon, With these Health Nuts.

Like we are all going to live Forever
or at least Die Healthy :tongue3:

OP
OP
S

Smee

jeff of pa said:
Or Manufactureed.

What I meant is "manufactured" or "blown out of proportion" by the news media for "ratings" --- not to injure anyone.

Remember, "If it bleeds, it leads" when you're talking about the news media.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee said:
jeff of pa said:
Or Manufactureed.

What I meant is "manufactured" or "blown out of proportion" by the news media for "ratings" --- not to injure anyone.

Remember, "If it bleeds, it leads" when you're talking about the news media.

That I Do agree with.

the Media will cause fear every chance they get

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
"if it bleeds,it leads" and like a vampire a good news story refuses to die.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
For the record, Christ and his administration had promised that 40 million doses would be available by now. Actual number of doses available?? 10 million...
Kinda reminds me of the "if we pass this stimulus package, unemployment will not go above 8%"......
Or maybe the "cash for clunkers" where "the administration" told the dealers that they would have their checks in ten days????
And there are still folks out there that believe these people :help:..
Oh, and Christ has also committed 10% of the doses available to us in the U.S., will be given to poor countries :-\....... Good luck, Gpurs..

OP
OP
S

Smee

I have a very important question:

Did the President get HIS children vaccinated?

Never have read that in the news, on the net, or anywhere else. If not, why not? They are in the most affected age group . . .

Seems that would make "front page" news in most of the U.S., but it isn't there. Are stories about MJ, dead for months now, really that much more important than the state of the First Children???

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Smee said:
I have a very important question:

Did the President get HIS children vaccinated?

Never have read that in the news, on the net, or anywhere else. If not, why not? They are in the most affected age group . . .

Seems that would make "front page" news in most of the U.S., but it isn't there. Are stories about MJ, dead for months now, really that much more important than the state of the First Children???
Well, I think I remember seeing that he and his wife had received immunization shots, but I hardly think it's any of our concern if he got his children immunized. They're kids and don't really need to have their medical information splashed around on the front page, unless the Obama's wanted to do that for some reason. Also, I don't see where the government has demanded that children be immunized, nor have they asked for proof that our children have been. That choice belongs to the parent or guardian, and this included the President's kids.

The real question here is; are you really concerned for their health and well-being, or are you merely trying to insinuate there's some devilish conspiracy afoot?

OP
OP
S

Smee

I'm not really so concerned about the folks who DON'T get the vaccination as much as I am about those who DO get the shot.

More problems with Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) kinda like the problem in 1976 . . . well, exactly like the problem in 1976.

Guillain-Barre syndrome is an uncommon disorder in which your body's immune system attacks your nerves. Weakness and numbness in your extremities are usually the first symptoms. These sensations can quickly spread, eventually paralyzing your whole body.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
There is no proven cause between this nerve disorder and vaccinations.
Like in 1938 with Orson Welles broadcasting War of the Worlds, with many folk truly believing earth was at that moment being invaded, then the current news media hype can convince some gullible members of anything.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
pigiron said:
There is no proven cause between this nerve disorder and vaccinations.
Like in 1938 with Orson Welles broadcasting War of the Worlds, with many folk truly believing earth was at that moment being invaded, then the current news media hype can convince some gullible members of anything.
Right. Isolated incidents notwithstanding, if there was going to be some kind of mass negative side-effect to these immunizations, we would have seen it already. Just like any other medication, there are going to be people that have a bad reaction to it, there's just no way to avoid it. People can be allergic to peanuts, bee stings, penicillin...why can't foks be allergic to this immunization as well? It just happens.

OP
OP
S

Smee

Read the links before you make silly statements about "no proven connection" --- The federal government paid millions in damages to people who developed the condition or their families when they DIED.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ologists-25-deaths-America.html#ixzz0OqsdiuaX

Please read this article before commenting.

While only 25 DIED . . . . it was CONFIRMED that MORE THAN 500 PEOPLE contracted the disease . . . 8 times the normal rate of infection among those taking the vaccine as compared to the general population (Source? Click here: L.A. Times).

Read the article before commenting.

I also recall a similar "swine flu" scare in the 1980's (1987/1988). People were still scared of taking the swine flu vaccine. It was still fresh in some minds. Not so now. Most of the folks who will have it administered . . . they weren't around in 1976, or at least they aren't old enough to remember.

BTW, the 1976 "pandemic"? 200 sick, 1 died --- 500 made ill by the vaccine, 25 died from the vaccine. Do the math. What was more dangerous? The disease or the cure?

I'll be darnned! NO increased risk, unless you consider a tiny 800 percent increase in the likelihood of contracting that disease an increased risk.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Smee, it was noted in the paper over the weekend that the Obama daughters had not received the H1N1 vaccine. Said it was because they were not in the "critical zone" to receive the shots, which were reserved for healthcare workers and more vulnerable.

FWIW, I got my regular flu shot last week. The nurse who gave it to me told me there was no way she was going to take the H1N1. She recalled the '70's fiasco. The local doc is now giving the nasal (live virus) version to anyone he can convince to take it. He didn't mention having the dead virus (injection) serum...

My son was in Desert Storm back in the 90s. He refused the "injections" they were giving as a precaution for the nerve gasses they might be exposed to. Took lots of flak for that. Those that took some of those meds came back with numerous abnormalities/diseases, one being his best friend. Glad my son had gumption enough to stand up for himself. Trust the gov't? You gotta be kidding me...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread