Something very strange happened to me the other day.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I don't have insurance. If I keel over because I didn't want to spend some out of pocket money... heck, it's been a good life. I wish you all well.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
You too Mike, wherever you end up.
Thanks for all the laughs and the good times.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
IT HAPPENED AGAIN TO ME TONIGHT!!!!

I walked into the bar that I used to go to all the time before I got laid off. i went in, and all my old friends kissed and hugged me... then I sat down and about 20 seconds later, the same feeling came over me. I was like, "WHAT THE FUDGE"... THIS is happening to me again??? I held my head in my hands to regain composiour, etc...

So sadly, I'm now under the impression that I am, in fact, dealing with anxiety attacks. This sucks because as I said to another friend tonight, "How can just a feeling, take down a giant like myself"?

It was SOOO strange. I got light headed and was about to faint, and every part of me was jittery. I got real hot and I started to sweat profusely. I was as dizzy as dizzy can come.

So, I'm now in the denial phase (but being logical about it). I'm now thinking that since I've been out of the limelight (since being laid off), perhaps my brain adjusted to being around no-one, and when I'm suddenly around other people, I have anxiety.

This has never happened to me before and I hate it!!!

I used to think I was a strong man. It's a strange thing to think that we are not the rock that we thought we were.. and such a simple feeling can cripple you.

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
i had the same thing happen to me once.sweat from head to toe my friend said he could feel the heat from me when sitting in the car.i thought i was going to burst into flames.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
mikeofaustin said:
IT HAPPENED AGAIN TO ME TONIGHT!!!!

I walked into the bar that I used to go to all the time before I got laid off. i went in, and all my old friends kissed and hugged me... then I sat down and about 20 seconds later, the same feeling came over me. I was like, "WHAT THE FUDGE"... THIS is happening to me again??? I held my head in my hands to regain composiour, etc...

So sadly, I'm now under the impression that I am, in fact, dealing with anxiety attacks. This sucks because as I said to another friend tonight, "How can just a feeling, take down a giant like myself"?

It was SOOO strange. I got light headed and was about to faint, and every part of me was jittery. I got real hot and I started to sweat profusely. I was as dizzy as dizzy can come.

So, I'm now in the denial phase (but being logical about it). I'm now thinking that since I've been out of the limelight (since being laid off), perhaps my brain adjusted to being around no-one, and when I'm suddenly around other people, I have anxiety.

This has never happened to me before and I hate it!!!

I used to think I was a strong man. It's a strange thing to think that we are not the rock that we thought we were.. and such a simple feeling can cripple you.
Don't worry, it's called the "machismo effect" . It dissipates with age , wisdom and the further you move from the Mexican border.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machismo

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

Attachments

• fat-smoker1.jpg
    fat-smoker1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 218
OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Mike, a TIA is usually a sign of the big stroke that is around the corner. I know you don't have insurance, but hey, I am not telling. Go get some and let a Dr check you out. I do not understand how anyone here can recommend you doing all of these holistic things before you have a Diagnosis. Of course eating better never hurts, but it may not help at all. Find out what is going on, then try and find the least invasive way to treat it. It may not be a TIA and may be something simple. My full time profession is Physical Therapy and I would never treat anyone without a rock solid diagnosis. It is unethical to do so. Best of luck buddy and you will be in my prayers.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
I had a TIA last September and it sounds exactly like what happend to me, except I fell in my front yard. Luckily my father was visiting, he called the squad and I woke up in the hospital about an hour later.

Get it checked out buddy, it may be the best decision of your life.

Even if you do not have insurance, the hospital will usually work with you on a payment plan.

Take care!

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
texastee2007 said:
Mike...I don't know what state you are living but I believe that all EM Rooms have the same statement that you can not be refused medical help regardles of Gender, Race or ability to pay. It sounds like you need some help....I for one would hate to just wonder what happened to you if we don't hear from you anymore. Please think about going in and getting a check up.

Tee, its actually a Federal Law that requires ER's to provide diagnosis and possibly service regardless of ability to pay.............

In 1986, Congress passed a law commonly referred to as EMTALA (Federal Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, also known as the Patient Anti-Dumping Law) to address a growing concern that EDs were refusing to treat patients based on their inability to pay. This law requires every ED to provide a minimal level of care to all comers regardless of their ability to pay.

Under this law, any person presenting to an emergency department is entitled by law to a medical screening exam. The purpose of this exam is to determine if any illness or injury is present that could have serious consequences if treatment is delayed more than 24 hours. In practice, doing so often requires a full evaluation of all patients presenting to an emergency department. Only after that exam is fully complete may patients be referred to an outpatient clinic or their primary care physician if their condition and/or diagnosis allows it.

Diggem'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread