After 57 years, Ohio mans high school ring returned at wake

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
After 57 years, Ohio man's high school ring returned at wake

AKRON, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio man is surprised to have his high school ring back after 57 years and surprised by where it was returned: at the wake for his high school sweetheart.

Seventy-five-year-old Joe Lepera had dated Sharon Coddington Gainer for two years, but they broke up when he joined the Air Force following his 1952 graduation from Akron Central High School.

He saw the obituary after her death earlier this month and went to the funeral home in the Akron area Oct. 11.

Lepera says was tapped on the shoulder by Bill Gainer, the man who eventually married his old flame. Gainer handed over the class ring that his wife had been given by Lepera when the two were an item.

Gainer said his wife had instructed him to return the ring if Lepera visited the funeral home.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/10/26/ohiowake.html?sid=101

I thought this was a nice story and thought I would share it!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Re: After 57 years, Ohio man's high school ring returned at wake

WindHarvester, That definitely is a nice story. That would be something to get it back
after all those years, especially after her being married to someone else for so many years.

Have a good day.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread