Anyone have trigger finger out there?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
You might try to bind those fingers at night, to prevent them from curling? Not so tight as to cut off circulation, but just enough so that, in the morning, you can unwrap them and not have to deal with the pain of loosening them up again.

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
I believe my wife's father had this and recently had it taken care of. I'll find out for sure and get back to you. JJ

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I'd heard trigger finger/thumb is related to excess alcohol drinking over many years.
Cortisone injections only helped short term and I didn't want the operation.
In my case severe trigger thumb and finger dissapeared after about 4 months of total abstinence.
It has not come back after 3 years of abstinence.
I call this self help, unlike the medical profession help.

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
dogcaught said:
I believe my wife's father had this and recently had it taken care of. I'll find out for sure and get back to you. JJ

Talked to the wife about her dad, I guess he had trigger thumb. He's not an alcoholic and I don't think I've ever seen him crack a beer open. He had carpal tunnel surgery, very minor incision. I believe he was awake through the entire procedure. He said it was painless. It didn't take long to heal up, back to work in a couple days. Now he is pain free, no trigger thumb, no tendonitis. I say if surgery is an option for you, you would be foolish not to have it taken care. No reason to live in pain if you don't have to. Take care, JJ

alb1

Jan 15, 2014
Weselberg, Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030, my favorite E-Trac & NEL Tornado. Garrett Carrot, (Previously, MXT PRO with D2 and SEF 10x12 coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I have managed to develop trigger pinkie on my right hand. It only seems to bother me a night. It's totally related to overuse of MD'ing. Im hoping to not need cortisone injections if it gets worse.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
And to think that over all these years I've thought that was called "coffee finger," which, for the most part is acquired by Chief Petty Officers in the United States Navy, although I've also heard that government officials are inclined to get it, however in that case, the higher up the ladder and the larger the bonus the greater the possibility a person will suffer from coffee finger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions